Diamond breakfast?

Our Allure cruise in December will be our first sailing as Diamond C&A members so I was wondering if anyone would be able to explain the Diamond Breakfast to me. I know it's in reserved section in the MDR. But is there any other difference than just sitting in the "main" section? Is the menu any different? Are there any items on that menu that aren't available on the regular menu?

Thanks!

Since Freedom and Oasis class ships have a dedicated Diamond Lounge, I believe this is not offered. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. There is very nice continental breakfast in the Diamond Lounge. And of course there is the coffee machine for regular and specialty coffees. This is from 8-10 AM. The coffee machine is available 24 hours.

They should have this on every ship. We took advantage of this on the Explorer on the Holiday cruise and it was wonderful. It was in one of the private dining rooms at the front of the MDR. Diamond and Diamond Plus only. The hours were 7-9 on port days and 8-10 on sea days. The menu was basically the same as in the MDR but you could order specialty coffees at no charge. The waitstaff were very attentive and I enjoyed meeting other experienced cruisers every morning. I loved it and will not go back to the Windjammer any more.

The Freedom did not have special area in the MDR for Diamond breakfast. When I asked about it in the MDR – the staff looked at me like I was crazy.

On the Monarch, there was a special area in the dining room, same breakfast menu as the dining room and specialty limited types of coffee available ( complementary). This is way better ( in my opinion) than a continental breakfast in the Diamond or Concierge lounge.

I believe the special MDR Diamond area is only on ships with NO diamond lounge or CL. As it is in the dining room - it is served the same hours as breakfast. As it is different on sea and port days - it will be listed in the Compass. As for the con't breakfast in the CL - I can't recall but I think it is listed on the concierge "welcome" letter in your cabin

M

Not sure about it being available on ships with Diamond Lounges.....

BUT we were on Monarch in January and Radiance just a couple of weeks ago, and on those ships the menu is the same. The BIG difference is service is quicker. AND the staff seems to be the cream of the crop. They were absolutely wonderful. When they saw us walking in, they had coffee cups filled (for those that wanted coffee) before we even sat down. As soon as we sat down they brought out the juice we liked. One gentleman in our group always ordered the smoked salmon, that came out almost immediately. We got to know them better than our dinner wait staff.

The Diamond Breakfast is typically served in a private Dining Room adjacent to the Main Dining Room. We received a note from Crown & Anchor on the 1st day of our cruise on the Radiance in November making us aware that it was available. It is open the same hours as the Main Dining Room. We had the same waiter & assistant waiter everyday. In addition to free speciality coffees they had a special breakfast entree available. Very personal service. Our Waiter Juwe remembered how my husband liked his coffee, brought me hot chocolate when we arrived and a cup of tea at the end of our meal. It was a very welcome alternative to the Windjammer.

We were on the Freedom in January and are Diamond Members. They did have a special Diamond Breakfast in the dining room and it was held on the last day at sea from 9:30 am- 10:30 am. They had a special menu which I have tried to attach. They also had a champagne orange juice. It was very nicely done and we enjoyed it. Freedom does have a Diamond lounge for continental breakfast which we went to every day except this day. I suppose that it was also open for those that didn't want to go to the MDR.

Diamond breakfast.pdf

Diamond breakfast cover.pdf

We were on the Freedom in January and are Diamond Members. They did have a special Diamond Breakfast in the dining room and it was held on the last day at sea from 9:30 am- 10:30 am. They had a special menu which I have tried to attach. They also had a champagne orange juice. It was very nicely done and we enjoyed it. Freedom does have a Diamond lounge for continental breakfast which we went to every day except this day. I suppose that it was also open for those that didn't want to go to the MDR.
If that was just one day, I don't think it's the breakfast the OP is asking about. Yours sounds more like the special event for your cruise than it does the Diamond Breakfast mentioned in the C&A benefits.

Thanks everyone for posting your responses and info. So, it appears Diamond breakfast in the MDR is only available on a daily basis if there is no Diamond Lounge. But on ships where there is a Diamond Lounge, there is a daily continental breakfast offered there and possibly a "special" breakfast offered at the end of the cruise. Does anyone whether the "special" breakfast posted by Dett is in place of or in addition to the typical Platinum and above C&A event?

We tried it one morning on Navigator but returned to the Windjammer for the rest of the cruise. Although I enjoyed getting a cappuccino and the service was very good, the meal itself was the same portion-controlled plated meal that I have problems with in the regular dining room. It may sound like the classic story about the passenger who complained that the food "wasn't good and besides the portions were too small", but in a sense it was a combination of the small scoop of scrambled eggs along with the fact that they were cold that made me conclude that I could do better in the WJ. Had the cappuccino machine been working properly in the Navigator CL,I could have satisfied my desire for that in the lounge and then headed to the WJ for the rest of my meal. If you really prefer dining in the MDR in the morning, I can say that the service was heads and shoulders above what we have experienced in the MDR before they established a dedicated section for Diamonds.:)

When we were on the Independence in Feb., they had a brunch on the last sea day for Diamond and Diamond Plus. The only evening reception they had was the welcome back party for all Crown and Anchor people.

The diamond lounge was open every morning. It had a light breakfast available every day along with different coffe choices, etc.

I see the Diamond breakfast is now open to Platinum too!!! This is very good news for all us Platinum folks!!:D

They may have to change the name of it!!;)

thanks for posting the cover or some of us would never have known!!

Does anyone whether the "special" breakfast posted by Dett is in place of or in addition to the typical Platinum and above C&A event?

On the Freedom and I believe the Liberty too, the special breakfast in the dining room was the one time C&A event for platinum, diamond and diamond plus members cruising. I personally like the evening C&A event held on the Adventure much better. It was a string quartet, complimentary bar service, and hot appetizers in the viking crown lounge.

We tried it one morning on Navigator but returned to the Windjammer for the rest of the cruise. Although I enjoyed getting a cappuccino and the service was very good, the meal itself was the same portion-controlled plated meal that I have problems with in the regular dining room. It may sound like the classic story about the passenger who complained that the food "wasn't good and besides the portions were too small", but in a sense it was a combination of the small scoop of scrambled eggs along with the fact that they were cold that made me conclude that I could do better in the WJ. Had the cappuccino machine been working properly in the Navigator CL,I could have satisfied my desire for that in the lounge and then headed to the WJ for the rest of my meal. If you really prefer dining in the MDR in the morning, I can say that the service was heads and shoulders above what we have experienced in the MDR before they established a dedicated section for Diamonds.:)

:D Thank goodness for that. It leaves room for lunch!! :D

The Platinum, Diamond and D+ event is held at different times and venues at the discretion of the ship staff. I have been on two cruises that had a lunch on one level of the dining room, your choice of beef filet or fish, which included wine and/ or cocktails. This was on the last sea day. I haven't experienced the breakfast yet but I have been to bruches in the Viking Crown and evening events as well.

We were on the Oasis in Feb and they had the Diamond/Diamond Plus breakfast every morning in the private section of the Main Dining Room. It was incredible! It was one of the highlights of our cruise---especially the chocolate breakfast! They also had a wonderful breakfast in the Concierge Lounge!

Thanks for posting the menu. We went to the breakfast on our 3/14/10 Freedom cruise on the last Sat. It was very nice. There was also the evening event just like they always have for Daimond +, Diamond, & Platinum members.

Gail

Archived