Going Solo on Century

LibraByTheSea

I am a young 50+real estate broker in Florida and reallllly need a cruise. Company going through some changes so I can't take a whole 7 days right now.:mad:

Saw a great deal on the Century. Have been loyal to Carnival since I got my Platinum status...they kinda buy it with that. But this is a better deal.

I have not sailed Celebrity yet...have sailed Carnival, Holland, Princess and NCL...loved them all but NCL the least.

I need the r&r more than the party atmosphere right now...but concerned of the passenger mix and things to do....HELP!

I did a solo 4-day Century a few years back and had a blast! Mine was for R&R also plus, price was to good to pass up. It also made us Select status for our next cruise. I am a married male, but wife could not make it. The mix was very good (a few kids, lots of younger couples, a few singles, about 40% over 45.) It was early fall. I enjoyed most of the shows, trivia, reading, evenings in the martini bar, karaoke. I was seated at a table of 8 with a family of 4, another single cruiser, and another couple. We had a blast and had great service. I had dinner in Murano one night with two other single guys on the cruise, great dinner and wine experience. Not into the disco but I did enjoy some of the bars.

You don't mention if you are male or female, but I guess this cruise, like any, is what you make it. ENJOY!

A little more about me...divorced 6 yrs ago. have adjusted well and like the independence and solitude. I deal with people all day..every day. I'm on overload and need a retreat, pampering and some fun!

Love to cruise and hate having to book a short one but planning on 8 days in November.

Young at heart and lovin life:cool:

I'm going solo on Solstice the week of 4/18.

I feel the same way........after an extremely busy and hectic last six months at work, with a lot of 55 plus work weeks, I need lots of rest, sleep, quiet and alone time. I deal with people most of the day and I intend on telling my cabin steward that I will be spending 95% of my time in my AQ cabin alone or on my balcony reading and to not be concerned if I'm not seen for a day or two at a time. I'm also not planning on getting off the ship at any ports.

However, I might leave the room for a few meals in Blu :)

I think you will like it also. X is very laid back compared to some lines. And more formal also. They dress up more and are more strict when it comes to the MDR. I like the old traditions myself.

Although I was not technically "single" on a recent cruise on Century, I was with my teenage son which was almost the same thing. I spent alot of time alone. (I was perfectly Ok with son making new friends, etc.and being with them instead of me. I did spend time with him but it was not like I was cruising with significant other or friend my age. ) I spent a good amount of time in my cabin or on pool deck recharging. Never felt "funny" about being just me.

In the evening, I was always able to find other folks to talk to and hang with at the various drinking/entertainment venues. (In fact, met a couple at Sunset Bar from my hometown!) The other people at my table in MDR were also so welcoming once they learned I was pretty much on my own. They invited me to do things with them.(I am a married female in my 50's.)

If you feel comfortable traveling alone, then go for it. You can be alone or with other people --- whatever you prefer. I would not hesitate to go "alone" again if my choice was go alone or not go.

I'm taking my second "solo" cruise on the Century on 5/3. I had such a great adventure sailing solo in 2002 on RC and hope to have another great adventure. With me, its the mind set and being positive. I have sailed since 2002 with my parents (both now 80) and always was interested in their care. I only got off the ship if they wanted to walk a little and never really too far from the ship. This time, I plan to venture off the ship at every port. I selected a C1 cabin for this upcoming cruise for the balcony and to have wonderful breakfasts there when we are docked.

I have been on the Century before with my parents a few years ago and there were two single women (not traveling together) at our table. I believe that the Celebrity line does attract singles or solos.

Enjoy the "solo" experience.

Bernadette

Archived