So what's the latest you can depart the Solstice on the last day of Cruise?

Cruisenewbie85

Was wondering how long you can "hang" on the ship. Our cruise docks at 7am on the final day, but our flight isn't until 5:30pm. Can we stay on board until 9am or 10am? Also, any suggestions on how to kill 6 hours in Lauderdale with a 9 year old?

Thanks.

They are going to do what they can to get everyone off by 9-9:30. I certainly would not have booked a flight that late. But it's too late for that now. Keep in mind you cannot check in or go through security until 3 hours before your flight. So you are stuck with you luggage in the area outside security.

Seriously conisder taking a ship sponsored tour to kill time, Everglades can be fun. Your other choice would be to rent a car and do some sightseeing. Thrifty has a place right outside the port area and a shuttle. Make sure you rent a car that can conseal your luggage. Don't want a local making souviners out of your luggage.

When we have a late afternoon flight out of FLL we rent a car and use that to cart our luggage around town; shop & lunch on Las Olas Blvd. or across the street from the beach. Then drop the car at the airport a couple hours before flight time.

Budget and National have "neighborhood" rental offices very close to the pier. Most of the others have shuttles that will take you to the airport rental center. But check with them first on the phone.

Good stuff everyone. Sure, I would have booked the 11:30am return flight, but not for the price they were quoting. By leaving at 5:30pm, I'm saving about $500 so it was definitely worth it. We'll get a car and do some sight seeing.

We are in the same boat! pun intended :)

The price difference from the noon departure and the after 5 was over 125/pp. $500 is $500!

We will get off as late as we can then just relax, I guess, in the airport lobby area. We were in a similar situation on a Galaxy cruise at the Rome airport when headed back to the US a few years back. Long wait, but fun to people watch.

Archived