Delicate question for ladies: Stand & "go" products

I'm sure we've all noticed that not all restrooms are as clean as they might be. I've seen a number of products which are supposed to prevent contact with unsanitary surfaces when nature calls. They have names like SHEWEE, URI-MATE, URINELL, MY SWEETPEE, etc.

Has anyone tried these products? Which ones? Disposable or reusable? Did you like them?

Thank you!

We just got a product called "Go Girl" in our store yesterday. My manager doesn't quite know how to market it, so we just put it on the lower level of the accessories rack. We've never had a request for it so we have no idea why they sent it to us. Someone fast-talked the buyers I suppose.

http://www.go-girl.com/how-to-get-gogirl.asp

There have been a very few times in my life that a product like this would have come in handy. Knowing me, when the situation arose, I wouldn't have it with me anyway. Ya just hafta squat.

I think it would interest backpackers, campers (in the wilderness) and some travelers who are going to less than sanitary places. But then....how do you clean it? The product is reusable, but you have to be able to wash it out.

As long as the seat is dry--SIT ON IT...you will NOT get sick thru the back of your thighs. When women "hover", they make a mess....sit down, and everyone will have a dry seat.

As long as you wash your hands after, it's all good. Jeez.

I found travel size toilet seat covers. I actually didn't bother with them because I got a purse size lysol spray that I sprayed on the seat. A hint, let it dry for a few seconds or it is wet. Some bathrooms we frequented had no toilet paper so I carried cottonel wipes and hand sanitizer. I go prepared:D

As long as the seat is dry--SIT ON IT...you will NOT get sick thru the back of your thighs. When women "hover", they make a mess....sit down, and everyone will have a dry seat.

I think these products are intended for use when there is no toilet available. But, since I know you won't be back here to read a second time, my comment is intended for everyone else.

Lol.."Jeez" Wow some people really get worked up on a simple post...Too funny but anyways I can care less if its DRY Im not sitting on it..EWWW..You can sit all you want thats not my buttt, Urine does dry n I wouldnt like sitting on it dry or not, has nothing to do with getting sick its just gross...Ive never had a problem squating, its not that difficult. But yea Ive heard of the products n never needed to use them.

When I have to go into strange toilets in unknown lands...

I'm more scared of a Ghoulie IN the toilet, than what's ON the toilet.:eek:

ghoulies.jpg

I watched this on cable, when I was entirely too young to see it - and I've been traumatized about unknown toilets ever since!:o;)

For the OP - those products have been used by female truckers for at least the past 20 years. So, they must work. The ones that Happy ks posted, are just more updated "cute" and "girly" versions. So, they're marketing to a new demographic, which is adventure travelers.;)

When I have to go into strange toilets in unknown lands...

I'm more scared of a Ghoulie IN the toilet, than what's ON the toilet.:eek:

ghoulies.jpg

I watched this on cable, when I was entirely too young to see it - and I've been traumatized about unknown toilets ever since!:o;)

For the OP - those products have been used by female truckers for at least the past 20 years. So, they must work. The ones that Happy ks posted, are just more updated "cute" and "girly" versions. So, they're marketing to a new demographic, which is adventure travelers.;)

LOL for me it's the dead fish my kindergarden teacher (and my bff's dad ) use to flush down the toilet when I was little. I would be almost in tears while I tryed to pee as fast as I could ! I was sure they were swimming back up to seek revenge on my bare tiny hiney :eek: !!!

i got pretty good at using a 'cup' when i use to snowmobile--those out- houses on the trails well just lets say the cup came in handy:D

i have used this same method in some places where i just wouldnt but had to--i usually always have a few cups in my bag-along with a little tube of TP just in case......also sometimes my knee just wont let me sit so in that case...i use the cup and dispose of it---there was a place i believe in mexico where there was no way i could close the door and sit too--and i am not that big but there was no room

so the cup came in handy......ok, i am sure this is more than you wanted to know......lol...but WOMEN can STAND and PEE.....lol....

LOL for me it's the dead fish my kindergarden teacher (and my bff's dad ) use to flush down the toilet when I was little. I would be almost in tears while I tryed to pee as fast as I could ! I was sure they were swimming back up to seek revenge on my bare tiny hiney :eek: !!!

Lol...I used to think about something along those lines coming back to bite me...I would pee soooo fast, wipe n Jump OFFFF!! :D

I think these products are intended for use when there is no toilet available. But, since I know you won't be back here to read a second time, my comment is intended for everyone else.

Yep....the Seagull landed.:D

LOL... but her count is up :D

Yep again.:D

BTW, I just got an email about this type of product from someone and it's disposable. There are pictures but they might be TMI to post.;)

Yep....the Seagull landed.:D

Yep again.:D

BTW, I just got an email about this type of product from someone and it's disposable. There are pictures but they might be TMI to post.;)

I have the worst memory...I was trying my best to remember...seagull, seagull, seagull, think I got it now :p

We just got a product called "Go Girl" in our store yesterday. My manager doesn't quite know how to market it, so we just put it on the lower level of the accessories rack. We've never had a request for it so we have no idea why they sent it to us. Someone fast-talked the buyers I suppose.

http://www.go-girl.com/how-to-get-gogirl.asp

There have been a very few times in my life that a product like this would have come in handy. Knowing me, when the situation arose, I wouldn't have it with me anyway. Ya just hafta squat.

I think it would interest backpackers, campers (in the wilderness) and some travelers who are going to less than sanitary places. But then....how do you clean it? The product is reusable, but you have to be able to wash it out.

Hmmm . . . interesting product. I wouldn't buy it for the very reasons you mention: I'd never have it with me, and I woudn't want to carry it around after use. Plus I don't really see the need.

I also wonder just who is so devoted to this product that they want to buy the tee-shirt, hat, and lip balm.

I sure could have used something like that when I lived in Turkey for a few years, long ago. The typical toilet there at that time was the "squatty-potty". Thank goodness I had young knees at the time, but it was really, really hard when I was 9 months pregnant to squat down far enough to avoid the dreaded "yellow socks" syndrome...heehee.

Here in Scotland we have a music festivals where people camp for a few days and the only toilets available to most are portaloos, they are horrible.

The men used to dodge them most of the time by using the urinal area that was cordoned off and shielded, much quicker than queueing in the massive queue with the ladies for the portaloos.

When some women (notice I didn't say ladies there) started nipping in and using the men's urinals they took the hint and set up ladies urinals, for this they were selling a thing called P-Mate.:eek: It is a flat card cut-out that turns into a funny funnel shape when required, is disposable and can be recycled in a paper/card recycling bin.

First year it was there the P-mate wasn't well publicised, so I went into the ladies urinal area and had to walk straight back out again..there was a trough along the middle, but no PeeMates for sale, no privacy barriers at all, so the women who had gone in were all squatting on the ground with their backs to the temporary wall, all staring at the floor and weeing, pretending the other women weren't there. I've never seen anything so surreal in my life.:o

LAst time we went we got round the problem by upgrading tickets to let us into the VIP area, which had real toilets.:D

For those of us who hate smelly/not cleaned lavatories, buy a packet of disposable,flushable bleach wipes. They aren't so bleachy as to give your legs a rash, but it's far better than hovering, apparently we don't empty our bladders correctly if we hover, making us prone to infections. That's probably a worse risk than sitting on a dry loo seat.

For those of you who like rustic camping, here's the website with a picture on it...

http://www.pmatestore.co.uk/webdocs/Items/Details1.cfm

I'd not be using it cruising, if some men can't aim straight and they've had a lifetime of practice, how would women manage? :)

Perhaps I should have been more specific in my original post. I was not referring to ordinary restroom situations, but rather to the extreme unsanitary conditions which prevail in certain parts of the world -- Third World countries, Mardi Gras & a few discount stores.

I'm contemplating a 3 Continents cruise in the future which will take me to Turkey & Egypt (among other places) and want to be prepared for a few very dirty restrooms -- as well as such things as the "2 footprints & a hole" :eek: facilities which I have learned about from my research.

I've read that the squat-type toilet facilities are actually healthier for our bodies than sitting, for the same reason that childbirth is better for women's bodies in a squatting position rather than prone or in a birthing chair. Evidently they allow the body to do its job more efficiently.

If you're physically able, why not try it? Then you can tell everyone you REALLY experienced travel in foreign lands!

So yesterday I went to work and started joking about the Go-Girl product again. There is a sample tube, so we opened it and I can definitely see how it would work well for those "no toilet" moments. It's not a product you would discard after each use, it comes with a plastic storage bag (I'd take a ziploc) and it even comes with toilet paper, although not enough to wipe a tush once.

It is pretty funny looking, but certainly functional.

I think if I were traveling to an area where public facilities were nil or extremely substandard to what we are used to it would be a good product to have along.

I don't think I'd wear the tatoo.

If you're physically able, why not try it? Then you can tell everyone you REALLY experienced travel in foreign lands!

I did that in a wonderful little brasserie in Paris many years ago, but as the 'vin blanc' flowed I did wish for a bathroom I was more used to.:D

Luckily I only needed to wee, would have hated to do anything more.:o

p.s. when out in the wilds there's always a bush or my husband's coat to hide behind, when in the US, just make sure no bears are using the same bush first.

A few years ago we were in China.....there were holes in the floor that women were supposed to stand over to pee. (or whatever else):eek: It was a horrible experience for those who have never done anything like this!! The westerners, like myself, stood in a long line for the handicap toilet where I only wish I had a product like the OP has in her store.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, CB at Sea! There's a reason people don't respond to a HazMat emergency with toilet paper wrapped around their bodies. There ain't a strip o'toilet paper around that will "block" a germ. Sit on the sit, aim right, and wash yo' hands. Quit squatting over the seat; blocking the toilet with some humongous wad of toilet paper or "sweet pee" product; and FLUSH!

I have a Freshette and would not travel without it. I have never had a problem with it leaking, but I practiced with it at home first, lol. And, honestly, I had a REALLY hard time using it at first. I just could not get those muscles to relax while I was standing up. Not a problem now.

Archived