help with excursion in Puerto Vallarta

vbecky

I am considering going on a excursion in PV and are kind of confused between a couple of them. One is the Mismaloya Resort in PV I see that they have beach access and Pools. I think they have inclusive food and beverage? The other one is Las Caletas Beach Hideaway? I think they also have the inclusive food and beverage and beach access, but I don't see any info on swimming pools? If anyone has any info on either of these or possibly pictures would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Las Calletas is a very nice day. The boat ride is very nice - you really see the bay and gives a perspective we never had.

There is no pool there, but the food was fine and the drinks flowed - starting on the boat. We had a very nice day - here are a few pictures

Sorry we can't campare the resort - we never visited it

IMG_5670.jpg.6594cd4ef49cf16724883f7754034b78.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg.736576f8f64fd9eb379b85113d0e7241.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg.fe45d6c1a7066a19ce150f302cd29991.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg.72f7a7289cdc96b93007c5f25d55fc03.jpg

We would suggest saving your money if you want to go to Mismoloya. The beach is really not that great and certainly not worth what a cruise ship would charge. We live in PV 2 months a year and can go to Mismolya for about 75 cents on the local bus....but its even hard to justify that cost for the beach. Las Caletas is a better beach, but again, we are not sure its worth what you are charged by the cruise lines.

Hank

Which ship is the excursion from? We will be on the Sapphire Princess and there is no Mismaloya excursion. We have always been curious about this resort and wish we had an excursion to take us there. :(

There is a beach day excursion we have booked. But it does not take you to Mismaloya.

I E-mailed Dreams in Puerto Vallarta the other day. They have a really nice resort. It is 6 miles south of P.V. They have an all inclusive day pass available for $58. PP. We may just go there for the day.

• 4 weeks later...

You can easily take a taxi to Mismaloya.......probably about $20 dollars each way from the marina. There are lots of little beach restaurants where they have chairs & umbrellas set up on the beach that are free if yu buy something to eat or drink. I think it has about the nicest sand there of any beach in the Vallarta areas and as it's in a big cove, usually safe swimming.

These restaurants are all along the left side of the cove and the hotel is on the right. The whole beach is public but you cannot use the hotel beach chairs. You can also go parasailing from there or go snorkeling at the Los Arcos islands at the mouth of the cove (there are boats right there that will be selling these little snorkel trips, complete with equipment.)

When you are done, there are lots of taxis waiting to take people back into town, about a 20 min ride, or 30 min back to the marina.

Archived