Century Questions

LibraByTheSea

Booked a couple days ago.

I am female 50+ real estate broker. Consider myself a cruisaholic. Been on a lot of cruises, Most on Carnival (they bought my loyalty when I became Platinum), RCL, HAL, Princess, NCL. This is 1st time on Celebrity.

I will be traveling alone (have taken several solo). Really need a getaway!

I have a couple questions???

Select Dining - TA advised this is best for solo cruisers..meet new people each night..remember, I'm in real estate so meeting new people is kool with me...big fear sitting at a 2 top alone. A couple years ago went on the Valor and sat in a 6 top booth. 2 people never showed and the other 3 came 1 night...strange but I lived through it...lol Is the program like the Main Dining Room for breakfast and lunch?? You show up and they fill the tables...

Liquor Package - this seems to make the cruise comparable to an all inclusive. When I priced AI's to cruises and wrote the difference off to alcohol...it never made sense. Don't drink enough to justify it. Looks like this would equate to about 6 drinks a day. I typically don't have a bloody or a mimosa at breakfast or drink at lunch so 6 could be more than I would drink BUT I was thinking that I may not get off the ship and just chill out. Now that I see Cozumel is going to be a zoo...I think thats the way to go...stay on board. Now, I could handle the quota...lol Question is "can I get an Absolut Martini on this plan?" because a couple of those a day sounds lovely:D

Any tips or advice is very welcomed

Thanks

I am female 50+ real estate broker. Consider myself a cruisaholic. Been on a lot of cruises, Most on Carnival (they bought my loyalty when I became Platinum), RCL, HAL, Princess, NCL. This is 1st time on Celebrity.

I have a couple questions???

Select Dining - TA advised this is best for solo cruisers..meet new people each night..remember, I'm in real estate so meeting new people is kool with me...big fear sitting at a 2 top alone. A couple years ago went on the Valor and sat in a 6 top booth. 2 people never showed and the other 3 came 1 night...strange but I lived through it...lol Is the program like the Main Dining Room for breakfast and lunch?? You show up and they fill the tables...

Liquor Package - this seems to make the cruise comparable to an all inclusive. When I priced AI's to cruises and wrote the difference off to alcohol...it never made sense. Don't drink enough to justify it. Looks like this would equate to about 6 drinks a day. I typically don't have a bloody or a mimosa at breakfast or drink at lunch so 6 could be more than I would drink BUT I was thinking that I may not get off the ship and just chill out. Now that I see Cozumel is going to be a zoo...I think thats the way to go...stay on board. Now, I could handle the quota...lol Question is "can I get an Absolut Martini on this plan?" because a couple of those a day sounds lovely:D

Thanks

I was a TA for many years and I would advise solo travellers not to do the open seating dining. Most cruisers, I found, who take advantage of open seating want to sit with their party......at least I do (maybe I am anti-social!) I would say pick a seating and a large table (possibly 12) there is that risk that people may or may not show up with other dining options available but I would think it would be easier traveling alone to be with the same group each evening.

Just my opinion. When I was a TA I had some single female travelers that cruised often and they always had seatings (also going back a fews years only NCL had open seating). One of my single female clients insisted doing NCL one year and I told her about the dining setup onboard. She went on the NCL cruise and even attended the singles get together at the begining of the cruise and she found herself eating alone many nights as most people wanted to eat with their party. Maybe this is more prevelant on NCL? Not sure but based on my experiences I would say choose a seating.

Not sure about the liquor question I didn't even realize Celebrity has that. Sounds interesting! I have been out of travel for a few years now and I am a little out of the loop.

From one cruise aholic to another...Celebrity is one of my personal favorites. I love all the cruises I have been on but Celebrity is always up there for me. Its beem awhile since I have sailed Celebrity but I am hoping to return soon! Have a great cruise!

Now I am confused and concerned.

When they seat you for dinner is it similar to the breakfast and lunch program in MDR? or will people not want me to join them?

Hi,:) I disagree with your Travel Agent too.

I always sail solo and request a large table, traditional, late dining.

I think an 8 top is a good size table.

I feel like dinner has a totally different atmosphere than breakfast/lunch.

I much prefer having the same wait staff for dinner and knowing my

table is going to be there for me;). I also enjoy getting to know my

tablemates. Breakfast/lunch? Most people know those meals are open seating

and so you will usually be seated with other folks. (unless you request

otherwise).

It varies on here. You will find people who will never ever choose

traditional dining while others really enjoy it.

I have never bought a liquor package so can't help you on that one.

I have sailed CENTURY 5 times and hope you have a great cruise:D

Oh, we are in the same age bracket and I love Celebrity:) and I will

be heading out on #25 with them next month:D

Thanks

LibraByTheSea,

I think you are on my cruise.

Did you book through a TA? If so, even though last minute, you may want to see if they can get you into that marketing program "Elite for one Cruise" or whatever it is called. You seem like a prime candidate since you have been on many lines, first time on Celebrity and this will make or break whether you ever go back. It is some program someone had mentioned on another thread where their TA was able to get them Elite status for a single cruise. Although this is a short one it would give priority boarding and disembarkation, invite to Elegant Tea, and some happy hour at Michael's Club (but maybe not the first and last night).

Note that we have only been on one Celebrity cruise thus far, a 5 night Century and we had no status. You did not say what cabin category you were in but you might want to look for that thread.

It might be worth a shot.

Just an idea.

OK, as far as suggestions, I really liked the 5:00pm Sushi bar and than the late night seating dinner. I am not sure about the shows, but last time they were at 7:00pm, so pre-dinner which was different than all of our HAL cruises.

Archived