Your Time Dining Tipping

cherishrwil

I have never had Your Time Dining before so how does tipping work if you have different wait staff each night?

You have to pay all your tips in advance, and carnival splits it up.

but you could always tip more like at a normal restaurant

Your auto tips will cover any waiter and assistant that works in any of the DR's. It isn't necessary to tip them extra, but many people do.

I'm going to have Your Time dining on my cruise in 3 days and unless I request the same waiter each evening I don't plan on tipping extra.

Its covered in your auto tips BUT we asked for the same waiter every night (he was great) when we'd arrive for dinner even if it meant waiting a bit, turned out to never be more than 5 minutes. We tipped our waiter additional on the last night of the cruise.

I don't think you have truly answered the posters question. When you arrive, they register your S&S card at the hostess desk. They take you to a table and they know which server you had. So when you arrive the second night and they log you in, they will ask you if you would like Seig who was your server last night or to try someone new. Then your onboard tips are divided between the servers you had. I would guess that if you went to the pursers desk you could indicate an increase for a certain day or just hand the server you liked extra cash if you request them the last night.

My son really liked the girl doing the beverage serve in the dining room on our last cruise. She kept his soda glass filled and lots of cherry juice. He tipped her the last night. (plus he thought she was cute)

Yes... just to further clarify. They ask you for the room number(s) of the anytime diners when you arrive at the hostess stand. This will insure the tips will get applied to the proper dining staff accordingly. You can ask for the same wait staff... we ended up with the same staff without asking most of the time, but when we had other servers, they were just as WONDERFUL, so it really didn't matter much to us either way. LOVED anytime dining... our only choice from here on out!

I have never had Your Time Dining before so how does tipping work if you have different wait staff each night?

When they seat you in Anytime, the waiters for your table are credited from your S&S gratuities (unless you've removed them). ken

Its covered in your auto tips BUT we asked for the same waiter every night (he was great) when we'd arrive for dinner even if it meant waiting a bit, turned out to never be more than 5 minutes. We tipped our waiter additional on the last night of the cruise.

Going on Pride again this Sept, went last Sept. This time we are doing the Anytime dining. Late dining last cruise (too late), but the early was too early. I didn't know with Anytime you weren't at the same table every night. Did they really let you request a table?

I don't think you have truly answered the posters question. When you arrive, they register your S&S card at the hostess desk. They take you to a table and they know which server you had. So when you arrive the second night and they log you in, they will ask you if you would like Seig who was your server last night or to try someone new. Then your onboard tips are divided between the servers you had. I would guess that if you went to the pursers desk you could indicate an increase for a certain day or just hand the server you liked extra cash if you request them the last night.

My son really liked the girl doing the beverage serve in the dining room on our last cruise. She kept his soda glass filled and lots of cherry juice. He tipped her the last night. (plus he thought she was cute)

Perhaps they do it a bit different on different ships, but when we did Anytime Dining on the Victory in March, they never asked if we'd like the same waiter that we had on the prior night(s). If we didn't ask for a specific waiter or table configuration (example being a booth for the two of us), we were seated at the next available table, served by the next available wait staff. Tips collected via S&S or prepaid were divided up equally amongst all of the wait staff in the Anytime Dining area (we learned this after asking our waiter). In our case, we requested a specific waiter that we really liked for the majority of our dinners and tipped him extra on the last night.

On the Pride they had no problem letting us request the wait staff on anytime dinning. As has been said tips went of the S&S card and Carnival took care of it. We also gave the waitress something extra on the last night.

Archived