Recent Liberty Western cruisers question

They started calling the colors to disembark before 7 am. You will get colored coded luggage tags in your room the day before you disembark--each color is assigned an approximate time for disembarkation. We needed an earlier time in order to make our flight--brought our flight reservations down to the purser's desk and had no problem getting different tags (line was very long though). They were actually calling colors earlier than they were scheduled.

We returned on the Liberty on 3/28. The colored tags were called in a very timely manner. The problem being people didnt get off when their color was called. Made for a very long wait to get luggage. The carousel was filled with luggage belonging to people that were still on the ship. Ours couldnt be loaded because there was no room for our color. I would suggest carrying the luggage off,then there would be no problem with a early flight.

Hi, Clarkk.

We are just off Liberty on Easter Sunday.

Our family of 4 was up at 5:00 a.m....and left the room at 6:00. You go to deck 4, forward. Once there, I'd say there were already about 75 people ahead of us in line. About 6:25 or so, they started disembarking. Had our passports and customs declaration in hand. The agent barely looked at the passports. Took the elevator down to the main level with our luggage and were in a cab by 6:40 on our way to the airport. Since we beat the crowds, we were through check-in and at the gate by 7:30...well ahead of our scheduled 9:35 departure.

This was our first time doing this...and I'd do it again in a heartbeat (my kids, however, don't agree with me on this!).

Hi, Clarkk.

We are just off Liberty on Easter Sunday.

Our family of 4 was up at 5:00 a.m....and left the room at 6:00. You go to deck 4, forward. Once there, I'd say there were already about 75 people ahead of us in line. About 6:25 or so, they started disembarking. Had our passports and customs declaration in hand. The agent barely looked at the passports. Took the elevator down to the main level with our luggage and were in a cab by 6:40 on our way to the airport. Since we beat the crowds, we were through check-in and at the gate by 7:30...well ahead of our scheduled 9:35 departure.

This was our first time doing this...and I'd do it again in a heartbeat (my kids, however, don't agree with me on this!).

That's the exact info I was looking for! We are flying out of FLL though, so I'm hiring a private car service and wasn't sure what time to tell them to be there. Looks like I can tell them to be there by 630am.

Also, who was the cruise director and how was the entertainment?

Hello!

The cruise director was James Andrews.

Entertainment:

We saw the ice show...always very good.

Also saw a group called "Vox Audio". An interesting group that uses their voices as instruments! We all enjoyed the show (day 3, Labadee, evening)

The Farewell Variety Show had a comedian, Rick Corso. He was "ok" but not very funny (perhaps we have heard too many cruise jokes). They also had a fellow named "Krill" from Russia that was onstage for perhaps 10 minutes doing acrobatic stunts with what appeared to be pvc tubing (and balancing on them). They showed the weeks video recap and James Andrews did a few jokes himself.

There were no other "headliner" type shows during the week.

We did see the production show "Gallery of Dreams" which was different, but entertaining.

If you have any other questions, just ask!

Archived