Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach?

GwenyP

We're cruising out of FLL in November. Last time we left from this port we stayed at the Courtyard on Fort Lauderdale Beach and enjoyed the location. But, we've since added a new member to our family :D and would like the extra space of a suite, yet also stay on the beach. Plus, we've always liked Embassy Suites and the one on Deerfield Beach is quite a bit cheaper than the one in Fort Lauderdale for November. Has anyone here stayed there? If so, how far from Fort Lauderdale beach is it?

The other option we're looking at IN fort lauderdale is the Gallery One Doubletree guest suites. Those aren't on the beach but they still look pretty nice.

Opinions?

Deerfield Beach is about a 35 minute drive north of the main Fort Lauderdale Beach. The area is more quaint, and there are a few restaurants in the several blocks north of Hillsboro Blvd., about 1/2 to 3/4 miles from the hotel. Deerfield is just south of Boca Raton. It's nice to drive up A1A along the beach, into Palm Beach. I think the Embassy would be a really nice place to stay, right on the beach.

Gallery One is about 4 blocks to the beach, next to an upscale mall and decent restaurants, only about 3.5 miles from the port. It is a nice hotel.

Gwenp- I am currently booked for 2 nights pre cruise at the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Did you enjoy your previous stay here? How was the pool? Are there chairs to rent at the beach? Any info/hints? Thanks.

We're cruising out of FLL in November. Last time we left from this port we stayed at the Courtyard on Fort Lauderdale Beach and enjoyed the location. But, we've since added a new member to our family :D and would like the extra space of a suite, yet also stay on the beach. Plus, we've always liked Embassy Suites and the one on Deerfield Beach is quite a bit cheaper than the one in Fort Lauderdale for November. Has anyone here stayed there? If so, how far from Fort Lauderdale beach is it?

The other option we're looking at IN fort lauderdale is the Gallery One Doubletree guest suites. Those aren't on the beach but they still look pretty nice.

Opinions?

My wife and I have used the Embassy Suite at Deerfield Beach as a post cruise base on our last 2 cruises out of Florida (6 days both times). Last year it was out of Ft Lauderdale.

The hotel is right across a small road from on the beach, making it ideal for walks etc to some pretty good restaurants.

The rooms have always been spotlessly clean on arrival, and kept that way.

The free breakfast and Manager's Reception are superb.

The staff are the most friendly I have met in hotels, and as an ex diamond HH member, I've seen a few. Believe this; the valet parking attendant actually recognised us from the previous trip (I know he doesnt get that many English people, but it was still a good touch).

It is also good to take the coast road directly into or out of Ft Lauderdale instead of I95.

The only reason we are not using it this year, is because we are going over to Naples after our cruise.

Overall' ***** :D

Regards

Dave

Gwenp- I am currently booked for 2 nights pre cruise at the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Did you enjoy your previous stay here? How was the pool? Are there chairs to rent at the beach? Any info/hints? Thanks.

Hi. I'm not Gwenp, but I can tell you that Fort Lauderdale does have beach chair rentals. The pool deck at the Courtyard is decent, nothing fancy, has a tiki bar. This location is really good to walk to restaurants. Coconuts is across the street and is a local favorite for a relaxing lunch or dinner.

My family and I have been to Deerfield Beach many times. I am familiar with the Embassy Suites there. Deerfield Beach gets my vote over Ft. Lauderdale anytime. I love it there, and it's not far at all from FLL. Enjoy! Hope this helps!

Interesting thread, which has led me to wonder; how would flying into/out of West Palm Beach airport compare to FLL if staying at this hotel.

FLL is definately closer to the hotel. WPB is about an hour north of port everglades if you are cruising. That's without much traffic.

FLL is definately closer to the hotel. WPB is about an hour north of port everglades if you are cruising. That's without much traffic.

So the West Palm Beach airport would be about 40 minutes north of Embassy Suites, Deerfield Beach?

Do you feel there would be any advantage to using the West Palm Beach airport instead of FLL if staying in Deerfield Beach before and also after a cruise?

Thanks royalcuz, you always have helpful info! ;)

Archived