cruise rate question

audi02

Hi everybody,

I'm new to these boards and am trying to follow what a lot of people are talking about. I am getting married on Inspiration in October and have booked a group of about 50 people to cruise with us. I visit the honeymoon boards a lot, but they never talk about this subject. The subject is the drop in rates. I booked way back in November (almost a year before the cruise). Then we set up a group cruise rate. Since that time the prices keep dropping. They started at $329 a person and have since kept falling to current $249. I'm curious to understand what people keep mentioning about getting refund or cruise credit when rates drop. I called our group booking, but they aren't very helpful and only confuse me more. Is there something I should be doing?

Since you are before final payment, you should still have the option of asking for the price drop. Since you are a group rate more than likely, you might lose perks. This isnt a yes or no answer since you indicate you might be booked at a group rate with perks..you need to ask whomever you booked with. Im sorry Carnival isnt helpfull.

If they wouldnt give you the money off your final payment, you should also discuss upgrading with them... see what they say.

Also ask about OBC (on board credit) it would be applied to your account and any purchases of excursions, drinks, or merchandise could be paid for with it....

Congrats on the Wedding and Good Luck with the Price Adjustment.

Archived