Room service

How long is the average wait for room service on RCI? When we were on the Crown Princess it arrived within 5 mins however my sister was told last week on Freedom they would have to wait 40 mins for a hot chocolate (they didn't bother)

We are on Independence in June which obviously has a lot of passengers as well and was wondering whether my sister's experience was an exception or the norm? We love ordering room service and see it as part of the cruise experience.

How long is the average wait for room service on RCI? When we were on the Crown Princess it arrived within 5 mins however my sister was told last week on Freedom they would have to wait 40 mins for a hot chocolate (they didn't bother)

We are on Independence in June which obviously has a lot of passengers as well and was wondering whether my sister's experience was an exception or the norm? We love ordering room service and see it as part of the cruise experience.

I can't answer your question now, but I will try to remember to answer when I return, am off on Indy a week on Sunday, and I can't wait to order room service for eating on our balcony!!:D

It does depend.

We've gotten our orders extremely quickly at times and then have been told the wait would be 45 minutes to an hour.:eek:

We love to have some refreshments when we come back onboard from an excursion and like to call for something then. We've often told RS "never mind" after being told the wait would be more than a half hour.:(

I love to walk early each morning...my DH sleeps in a bit...so I call RS and order coffee and rolls...tell them what time I want them delivered..and take a stroll...RS wakes the DH up...he has coffee and has time to come out of his coma and is wide awake by the time I get back to the cabin.:) So RS can be a real blessing...

Last time we ordered room service (a full breakfast) they told us it would be about 45 mins...we said ok..it would give us more time to get ready...about 25 mins. later the phone rang & our food was on the way...I think sometimes they give you a longer time quote "just in case"...

Archived