Future cruise letter of intent?

I was wondering whether RCI have the same system as Princess. If you go to the future cruise sails desk while on board and express an interest of a future cruise, you get free guaranteed OBC and a low deposit when you book next time. As we are from the UK it didn't even cost us anything! Does RCI have this?

Also is it worth waiting until after my cruise in June before booking the cruise for next Summer as I will then be a member of the Crown and Anchor society are there no reductions, OBC etc after just one cruise?

I don't know about Princess giving out any letter like that. They do have a program for a $100 deposit at the Future Cruise Desk. You give Princess $100 and then they give you a certificate. This gives you OBC, and the $100 is used as your deposit and applied toward the cruise you book and if you don't use it in 4 years from time of purchase you get dour money back.

Are you sure that they didn't give you one of those flyers that describes the program and you are thinking that it is the real certificate?

I don't know about Princess giving out any letter like that. They do have a program for a $100 deposit at the Future Cruise Desk. You give Princess $100 and then they give you a certificate. This gives you OBC, and the $100 is used as your deposit and applied toward the cruise you book and if you don't use it in 4 years from time of purchase you get dour money back.

Are you sure that they didn't give you one of those flyers that describes the program and you are thinking that it is the real certificate?

Not at all. People from the UK don't have to give a deposit but still get the benefits. I enquired about a future Princess cruise today for next Summer and was told we would get $100 OBC each because I had visited the future cruise sales desk and registered an intent of a future cruise!

There is a future cruise option, our US cousins put down a despoit and can book the cruise at a later date to get the benefits, but UK cruisers usually have to book a specific cruise there and then for the next cruise benefits.

Archived