Room service

Jo and Rob

Is there a service charge for room service? What is included on the menu? Is it generally quick (Princess delivered in about 5 mins!) What would you recommend? Is the tea, coffee, hot chocolate included? All answers would be great!

Is there a service charge for room service? What is included on the menu? Is it generally quick (Princess delivered in about 5 mins!) What would you recommend? Is the tea, coffee, hot chocolate included? All answers would be great!

No charge, service is generally excellent. Menu is limited during most hours but you can get decent pizza. During regular dining room hours you can get the Main Dining Room menu delivered to your room. There are also some differences in Menu depending on category of stateroom...

On X you fill out a card in the evening and choose a time for breakfast delivery. They'll call ahead to make sure you are ready to receive it. Other times you call. We had no wait of more than 20-25 min. for snacks or a meal.

The breakfast menu is a bit larger in the Concierge rooms. But you can still write things in on the order card for the other levels and most likely get them.

We were in Aqua Class (we are repeating it again this time!)

and enjoyed breakfast in the room (on the veranda- in our robes--heaven!!!) during days @ sea. I don't know if our menu was expanded or not...but we sometimes we would add things not on it, like an egg- white omelet with specific fillings,English muffins or berries and there was not problem or extra charge

Jo and Rob,

The speed of delivery as well depends upon the location of the galley, what time your order is done as well that ordered..

Tipping, helps speed delivery and service(s) .

T I P S : (To Insure Prompt Services);)

100_2317.jpg.43dd089c55f95ba46c07fae300fbea5e.jpg

Tipping, helps speed delivery and service(s) .

T I P S : (To Insure Prompt Services);)

The claim that the word "tips" was originally an acronym for To Insure Prompt Service is an urban legend. Here's a link to the website snopes.com regarding the false etymology of the word "tips"-- http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/tip.asp

To the OP, I would add that if you opt to have dinner from the MDR menu brought to your room, you can request that it be brought up in courses, so the food stays warmer and you don't have piles of dishes waiting to be either eaten or taken away. Be sure to tip extra for the extra effort required.

It there an expanded room service menu in CC class other than for breakfast? I know that the room service menu is very limited, but we are sailing in June in our first CC room and just wondering if it is just breakfast that includes "upgrades" or other times of the day as well.

No different menus except for breakfast. However, in CC class, if you order dinner from the Main dining room menu, you can have it delivered in separate courses with linens.

Does anyone have a copy or link for the room service menu?

I have a photo of the Concierge Class breakfast menu as well as the standard room breakfast menu on my photo site here: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_J9pi2#262767369_mHj49

The link is to the CC menu and next photo is the standard menu. Click on either to enlarge and you can select larger size viewing as well.

Can you get cookies from room service? Tortilla chips and a dip?

There is a small room service menu in a general guest binder in the room, in addition to the breakfast menu, and it does not have these on it. You might be able to get these if you ask but it might also depend on who you talk to. I remember someone telling me they were trying to order a grilled cheese sandwich and were initially told it wasn't available. They insisted on talking to someone other than the person taking the orders and of course they were able to get this without much of an issue sicne they clearly would have the ingredients there and any cook there would know how to make one! On the ship you find that most of the service staff will go all out in fulfilling a request if it is possible, but there are a few that don't have this attitude and will only do the basics.

I know they do have cookies and Tortilla Chips and Dip on board. Both of these are usually available from late morning to late afternoon at the poolside grill, and on some ships at the buffet during lunch and, at least for the cookies, during afternoon tea (4 to 5PM) in the buffet. So you could grab them yourself and bring a plate back to the room if room service doesn't have them available in the normal room service kitchen and won't bring them back for you.

If by chance you're in a suite just ask your butler - these would be easy for him to find for you.

I know they do have cookies and Tortilla Chips and Dip on board. Both of these are usually available from late morning to late afternoon at the poolside grill, and on some ships at the buffet during lunch and, at least for the cookies, during afternoon tea (4 to 5PM) in the buffet. So you could grab them yourself and bring a plate back to the room if room service doesn't have them available in the normal room service kitchen and won't bring them back for you.

If by chance you're in a suite just ask your butler - these would be easy for him to find for you.

One day, if we win the lottery! ;)

We were in Aqua Class (we are repeating it again this time!)

and enjoyed breakfast in the room (on the veranda- in our robes--heaven!!!) during days @ sea. I don't know if our menu was expanded or not...but we sometimes we would add things not on it, like an egg- white omelet with specific fillings,English muffins or berries and there was not problem or extra charge

Elleen:

We had AQ but did not order breakfast from our room. Did your food come from Blu or MDR galley...

We use room service as a wake up call. We put the order for coffee and croissants on the door the night before with the time we want to get up. They call before they deliver and then show up so quickly, we barely have time to put on a robe. It's great

Archived