Longest cruise day drive

ChuckLL

1 1/2 hours to Boston. Oh, no, wait. Our 1st cruise, we drove from Brooksville FL to FLL., so, what's that? 4-5 hours or so?

After DH's last drive from MA to FL, during which he broke down and was stuck in NC for 3 days, I wouldn't seriously consider anything more than maybe 2 1/2 hours, which is about how long it would take us to drive to the NY/NJ ports. MAYBE, I'd contemplate Baltimore - 5 hours, about. But the thought of driving home longer than that, harshing that good vacation vibe, sort of puts a damper on a long drive for me.

I drove from Ft. Stewart, GA to Port Canaveral, FL for my first cruise, so about 4 hours maybe and from San Antonio to Galveston, Tx for my second one...I guess thats about 3.5 hours but I stopped over night in Houston, just to go to the Galleria Mall. So not too sure of how long it takes to get to Houston.

Anything more then that I will fly!

We drove from Dallas to Galveston for a cruise on the Conquest. It took us about 5 hours. We attended a wedding in Ft Worth for my nephew and decided to make road trip , which involved driving from NE Pennsylvania to Ft Worth a few days before the wedding. It was a long haul but I can always find a way to involve a cruise, that is why we cruised from Galveston.

500 miles to Galveston. Next year 1400 miles to Miami. We will break the Miami trip up into two days.

I love driving BTW. Driving 1200 miles to Vegas in June. I like to see Americana at its best. I have flown dozens of times, just don't care for it.

We've been on 2 cruises out of Port Canaveral and drove to there from MD (@14hours). Both times we left the day before. The first cruise we stoppped about 3.5-4 hours short of the port and the second cruise we made it all the way to St.Augustine(@2 hours from port). So, to the OP, I recommend leaving a day before. We were exhausted the first 24 hours of our second cruise and it was only a 3 day. If you get up in the wee hours and do a longish drive, you will be so burned out when you step onto the ship. We are driving to Jax in August, but after that we will never drive to a port in FL again. We're looking at the port of Baltimore for the future and we are willing to do NY, NJ and Charleston. If we ever do another out of FL, we will most definitely fly.

20 hours. Drove from NH to Gulf Port. I think we drove to Mia once too. That would have been closer to 24.

I know - we were crazy :p

Airfare was $3000 per person to go to Golf Port - we had booked the cruise on Thursday and the ship sailed on Sunday. Total cost of the cruise was $664. So there was no way I was paying $6000 for airfare

Now we always fly in the day before.

We drove 18 the first time..now we still drive, but come in a day or two before....By the way "CHEERS", I see you are going on the Ruby..you will love her!

We try the Dream next...

2 to 2 1/2 hours from north of Houston to Galveston. Perfect length. I am too cheap to fly, I would drive to any southern port before flying with 5 of us the airfare would be more than the cruise.

our cruise next month is actually the first one we're flying for. Of our first three, two of them were 4 hours; one was 45 minutes. This time we're flying in the night before (meeting up with a group), and it's about an hour after that.

I don't mind the 4 hour drive down, but back was rough both times. The first time the battery had died and there was torrential Miami rain. It took us like 8 hours to get back. The second time we were in a group and we were all too exhausted to drive... it was only 4 hours and we had to stop 3 times for driver swapping!!

Archived