Which onboard activities would you recommend?

Jo and Rob

Honestly, too many to mention... The Hot Glass Show is a must see. We like to play Trivia, attend port lectures, see movies, go to enrichment lectures... You can take a backstage tour, do wine tasting, take a fitness class or use the gym, lounge by the pool, play games at the Lawn Club, find a shady spot and read a book, the possibilities are endless. Sea days go by way too fast... You can learn to dance, attend a spa lecture on reducing your belly fat, check out the library, use the internet lounge... I didn't keep my daily programs from the Equinox, but there was a full list of things to do all day long.

Incredibly, I actually heard one passenger on the Equinox saying he was bored and there wasn't enough to do, which is incomprehensible to me...

Your problem will be lack of time, not lack of things to do...

Incredibly, I actually heard one passenger on the Equinox saying he was bored and there wasn't enough to do, which is incomprehensible to me...

I agree totally here! There were some sea days where I had to choose which activity to do. I did keep my dailies from our March 8 Equinox cruise, so if you want any specifics, please ask. As already mentioned, the Hot Glass show is a real winner, and I love to cook, so the cooking demos were a must for me (I even got to assist the Executive Chef during one demo!). My friend and I took advantage of the free mini-spa treatments one afternoon in the Solarium spa area. My husband enjoyed the lectures that were specific to our destinations.

My advice is to do the things you really want to do as soon as they are offered in the daily. We assumed things would be offered more than once, and while some things are, some things are not. So scout out early so you don't miss out!

We really enjoyed the galley tour :-)

Honestly, too many to mention... The Hot Glass Show is a must see. We like to play Trivia, attend port lectures, see movies, go to enrichment lectures... You can take a backstage tour, do wine tasting, take a fitness class or use the gym, lounge by the pool, play games at the Lawn Club, find a shady spot and read a book, the possibilities are endless. Sea days go by way too fast... You can learn to dance, attend a spa lecture on reducing your belly fat, check out the library, use the internet lounge... I didn't keep my daily programs from the Equinox, but there was a full list of things to do all day long.

Ditto we didn't have enough time in the day to do all we wanted to do .

I agree totally here! There were some sea days where I had to choose which activity to do. I did keep my dailies from our March 8 Equinox cruise, so if you want any specifics, please ask. As already mentioned, the Hot Glass show is a real winner, and I love to cook, so the cooking demos were a must for me (I even got to assist the Executive Chef during one demo!). My friend and I took advantage of the free mini-spa treatments one afternoon in the Solarium spa area. My husband enjoyed the lectures that were specific to our destinations.

I like the idea of free mini-spa treatments, cooking demos and the hot glass show. I'm very interested in "dailies" and anymore details would be great.

I like the idea of free mini-spa treatments, cooking demos and the hot glass show. I'm very interested in "dailies" and anymore details would be great.

Although the daily activities will change according to the itinerary for your ship, Jungle Jane has already posted a link to the dailies for the Equinox above.

Scrapchick you sound like us -- there is so much to do on-board. We never missed a Hot Glass Show and really had a great time with the decidely low-tech lawn games (me DH and DD who is 14YO).

Loved the pools, movies on demand, the video trivia challenges, lectures, Wii tournements, and just the opportunity to sit and watch the world go by. On our cruise there were some great musicians -- an acostic guitarist as well as a string quartet in addition to the evening "show" entertainment.

Scrapchick you sound like us -- there is so much to do on-board. We never missed a Hot Glass Show and really had a great time with the decidely low-tech lawn games (me DH and DD who is 14YO).

Loved the pools, movies on demand, the video trivia challenges, lectures, Wii tournements, and just the opportunity to sit and watch the world go by. On our cruise there were some great musicians -- an acostic guitarist as well as a string quartet in addition to the evening "show" entertainment.

What is movies on demand?

What is movies on demand?

On the TV in your cabin, you have the option to watch movies, either free or pay per view. The free choices are fairly recent releases, some of which will also be shown in the theater over the course of the cruise. While watching a movie, you do have the option to pause and save it and finish watching it later within 48 hrs.

Another nice touch is the option to view your photos on the TV in your cabin, rather than trying to find them in the photo gallery. Once they've taken your photo for your seapass, they use facial recognition software to then sort any photos of you and/or your cabinmate to your cabin number, whether single photos or group photos. It is very cool stuff. ;)

This is an excellent link. From this I have found a Dinner menu with snails and lobster bisque...celebrity sounds like a fantastic cruise line..get me the phone I really want to book a celebrity cruise for next summer! Let's turn all this research into some action! :)

This is an excellent link. From this I have found a Dinner menu with snails and lobster bisque...celebrity sounds like a fantastic cruise line..get me the phone I really want to book a celebrity cruise for next summer! Let's turn all this research into some action! :)

Hi, glad to help:)...that link is from the Celebrity website so you

can see everything now:D

Another nice touch is the option to view your photos on the TV in your cabin, rather than trying to find them in the photo gallery. Once they've taken your photo for your seapass, they use facial recognition software to then sort any photos of you and/or your cabinmate to your cabin number, whether single photos or group photos. It is very cool stuff. ;)

What a great idea :) We spent ages pawing over the Princess boards of photos trying to find out pictures :o this sounds so much better. Do they have a huge copyright symbol on them like our children's school photos (until we buy them) or is it the complete unobscured photograph?

Everyone says not to miss the Hot Glass show - what is it??

Here is a link to some pictures from the Hot Glass Show, where you can watch them make a glass angel fish. Each show is different and I love watching the artists working together. It's like a ballet.

They have a camera taking pictures inside the glory hole which is very cool. I think they said the temperature in there was 2100 degrees, but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

They raffle off at least one of the glass creations at each show. There are beautiful examples of the Corning Glass team's work on display in a few places on the ship.

http://leftcoasters.smugmug.com/Travel/Cruise-Ships/Celebrity-Solstice-Hot-Glass/7189941_8ps5S#461683835_2Nc8i

461690413_96qDT-L.jpg

461690480_oNaQD-L.jpg

Archived