Anyone affected by the volcano?

Jo and Rob

Not yet, but the cheery lady from Iceland I heard on the news yesterday said it's been 189 years since the last eruption and it lasted 18 months then:eek: Could make getting home from the Eclipse Westbound TA interesting later this year.

Joking aside it can't be much fun for those caught up in it, especially people in Iceland. It's eerily quiet here with the lack of distant plane noise quite noticeable.

Phil

Flights in UK airspace are now suspended until at least 01.00 BST on Saturday.

Friends were supposed to be flying to Prague for a stag weekend, so they look out of luck.

My wife is due to fly to Warsaw from London, next weekend and return the day before our first cruise on Eclipse, so I'm a little concerned.

Not cruise connected, but DS is in London on business and was to fly home yesterday. He has no idea when he will return because once flying resumes there will be a considerable backlog.

Sheila

BOTH Equinox and Princess are due to depart Ft. Lauderdale for Transatlantics April 19....BOTH of these cruises have been heavily marketed to the UK. At issue is the fact that its straight from Ft. Lauderdale to 6 days at sea....so there is no rational meet point. Ohh how I feel for these people.

It will be interesting to see how the cruiselines deal with this....if they leave on time OR delay for a day....The initial ports in the Azores or the Canaries are small and both ships only dock for a short time. That may give the cruiselines some wiggle room for the latecomers....That said...the people who made it on time or arrived early (barring the act of god) will want to know why they are missing a port. You can never please everyone. The logisitcs are tough as you have airlines? Cruise port berths? and the still active volcano.

Neither cruiseline will do anything to affect the cruise after the TA as that is where the $$$ is made so any time sacrifices will be for the TA.

Good luck to all. ERF

Archived