NEWBIE! -- cruising 1/16/11 Carnival Glory

jerseygirl09

Anyone else going? This will be my third cruise, and my husband's first. This will be our late honeymoon and we want to make sure we enjoy ourselves. I've been on the Carnival Glory before about 5 years ago, and loved it! I can't wait to experience it with my husband! Soo my question is... when i book our trip, hopefully in the next two weeks, will i be able to book excursions and things online such as a couples massage? Also, what are some of the best excursions you recommend for an Eastern Carribean cruise? Since we will be flying out of Philadelphia, i am praying for good weather and not a cancelled flight! This is my first time booking a cruise by myself since the past two were family vacations, so i am a little nervous and want to make sure we get the best deal possible. Also, my husband will just be returning from a tour in Afghanistan, so hopefully we can get some kind of military deal! Thanks in advance! :)

I would not book any spa packages until you get on board. It will be cheaper than what you will see on line. Will this be his first cruise? If so, you are going to love watching him experience it. I love taking a first timer.

If you are hitting HMC, (half moon cay) I would suggest you get a cabana. You can only book that when you get on the ship. Get in line at the excursion desk as soon as you get there. There are only 15 and they go fast.

As for your other stops, go to the ports of call section and do your research and see what will fit the both of you. You will be able to figure that out from there with ease.

Since your flying out in the winter, fly out the day before. It may help calm the nerves a bit.

Look into Early Saver rates. You can apply for credit back if the price goes down. Otherwise, you are out of luck after final payment.

Good Luck and enjoy all the planning.

you certainly do qualify for a military rate..but I don't think they offer them that far out. They do ES..but you lose money if you have to cancel. I love the Glory. We sailed it three times out of Port Canaveral..and it is probably my favorite ship. BUT..the last two winters in Florida have been hard. When we sailed out of Miami this january..the Temperature was 37 degrees. Miami and the Bahamas have about the same weather..Even the Caribbean was chilly for swimming. We went to Aruba and Curaco on HAL. It was PLENTY warm there. A paradise. No poverty..safe..even a tropical breeze that blows all the time..CARNIVAL has a trip there..The Miracle..in January 2011. It goes to Aruba..Curaso..Grand Turk..and I think an island in the Dominican Republic. FAR SOUTH..the weather WILL be good. With him coming home from war..I would consider this..I hear Afghanistan is cold. Carnival also does the Panama Canal..on the Freedom in January..and the weather in Panama..in January..is HOT. I feel like we lucked on both cruises we took..this year and last..because we booked Southern Caribbean..and regardless of the Freeze in the USA..it was warm..warm..there. It was like walking from winter to summer...Just wonderfuL. Good luck and God Bless your husband. He deserves the BEST vacation..you also get military discounts on HAL..because he is active duty. Owned by Carnival too...more intimate.

Archived