Can you bring water and soft drinks on board?

I boarded the Serenade a week ago with a 12 pack of Diet Coke. I stuck a luggage tag on the soda, and then put it in two Walgreens plastic bags and wrapped another luggage tag around the bag handles. I got my suitcase first, and was concerned that the soda wouldn't make it, but the soda showed up at my cabin door about six hours after boarding.

I called RCI on 4/16 and asked exactly that question, because of varied experiences reported on this board. Rep said, "no food or beverage of any kind" is permitted. I pointed out that the RCI website FAQs include a question about bringing alcohol and non-alcohol beverages aboad, and the answer addresses only alcohol -- suggesting that silence = permission regarding soda & water. She checked with a supervisor, etc, repeated her earlier answer and apologized about the inaccuracy of the FAQ answer. Pathetic, huh? So . . . I've printed out the FAQ and have it right with my setsailpass stuff in case there's an issue while boarding.

Having brought a duffle size bag of bottled water on every cruise I am really bummed about this apparent policy change.

I may chance it...the worse that can happen is I get to see what the naughty room is like.

As long as I get my bag back they can keep the 4.99 worth of Dansani water I guess.

Laura

I called RCI on 4/16 and asked exactly that question, because of varied experiences reported on this board. Rep said, "no food or beverage of any kind" is permitted. I pointed out that the RCI website FAQs include a question about bringing alcohol and non-alcohol beverages aboad, and the answer addresses only alcohol -- suggesting that silence = permission regarding soda & water. She checked with a supervisor, etc, repeated her earlier answer and apologized about the inaccuracy of the FAQ answer. Pathetic, huh? So . . . I've printed out the FAQ and have it right with my setsailpass stuff in case there's an issue while boarding.

Having brought a duffle size bag of bottled water on every cruise I am really bummed about this apparent policy change.

I may chance it...the worse that can happen is I get to see what the naughty room is like.

As long as I get my bag back they can keep the 4.99 worth of Dansani water I guess.

Laura

Like I said above. I brought a 12 pack of soda onto the Serenade LAST WEEK!!! I had no problems whatsoever getting it on the ship. My biggest problem was my stateroom attendant not keeping the ice bucket filled.

I don't care what their website says (they can always claim "computer issues") and I don't care what their reps say(heaven knows they've been wrong before!). I go by what the cruise contract says (the one we agree to abide by when check in online) and it only mentions prohibition on alcohol being brought on.

We sailed Majesty last month. Had a case of water and a few bottles of coke & apple juice in a backpack that we checked with our luggage. Showed up with the rest of the luggage at 1:30pm.

Buy the soda when you get to ports. We just returned from the Adventure of the Seas and there is a grocery store within a few blocks of the ship in Aruba that you can walk to. We stocked up on water and diet Coke with no questions asked when getting back on the ship.

We also traveled on FOS in Feb. we brought a case of water and a case of Pepsi.. The porter put luggge tags on both and they were delivered to our room N/P. We traveled with 4 others and they did the same. The porter told us people do it all the time and there isn't an issue.

Just got off Jewel last friday and we were able to carry Dr Pepper, A&W Root Beer on with out any trouble. I know on these boards they have been saying the they were stopping people on Mariner on the west coast bringing on any thing. I just carried the case in my hand, passed throught the scanner and on to the ship.

I hope they don't stop us in the future, I don't drink Coke, or any of the drinks they offer, I do drink lots of the ships water and it is great.

Good Luck

Brian J

Archived