Magen's Bay Beach Getaway- anyone do this??

jerseygirl09

Did anyone do this? If so, how was it? On the Carnival website it sounds like you just get on a bus or something and they take you to the beach. Is the boat within walking distance to a nice beach? If so i would rather do that. Thanks in advance.

Hi there-

We're also going in June to St. Thomas (first time), well duh this is our first cruise.

I would also like to see Magens Bay. My plan is get up early, shop for goodies, drop off at ship, then MB for afternoon.

Will there be enough public buses to get us back in time for departure?

Thanks for any help/suggestions/advice you can offer:)

We went to Magens Bay when we were in St Thomas in January. It is such a beautiful beach! We actually got off the ship and took a open air taxi to Magens Bay and spent the morning there. There are a lot of taxis at Magens Bay just waiting for people who need rides. The beach started getting real crowded around noon. We got a taxi right after noontime and the driver stopped at a scenic viewpoint on the way back to the ship. We took pictures and shopped a bit. We went back to the ship,changed and ate lunch and then went shopping. We had plenty of time to do all the shopping we needed to do.

i also just grabbed a taxi right when i walked off the ship. it was less than 10. the driver will ask you what time you want to get picked up. i would not set a time. just walk out to the taxi stand and there are plenty that will take you back when you are ready. that was a beautiful day with no time schedule.

• 1 month later...
You can grab a taxi or public bus to Megan's Bay on your own. No need to go through the ships tour. Awesome, beautiful beach. Don't miss it!

Just a quick note: the public bus route does not include Magens Bay. So you either have to take a taxi or rent a car.

--Islander

• 4 months later...

Archived