Can payments be made before final payment is due?

Sometimes I hate having such a large amount on my credit card be charged at once. Does RCCL allow us to make payments and pay off the remaining balance once final payment is due?

Absolutely, they will always take your money! We did this, paid a few hundred dollars at a time, and although our final payment is due tomorrow, it has been paid off for a while now.

Have a great cruise!

Sue

If you have booked with RCI directly it is easy to do online as many times and the amounts you want...Even if you booked with a TA you should be able to make a payment when you want to..hope you have a reliable TA would hate for any problems to arise for you...Always watch for price drops..if paid in full remember an OBC..Enjoy and good luck !!!

Or you can just make the extra "payments" to yourself by paying extra on your credit card bill each month. That way, when final payment is due, you already have a credit on your bill.

We don't like coming home to a huge credit card bill when we vacation as we pay our bill in full each month. So I just pre-pay our card with whatever we think we might spend each trip and use credit. So easy not to have to carry cash and we get the airline points!

We are flying first class from Seattle to Ft Lauderdale tomorrow free!

Or you can just make the extra "payments" to yourself by paying extra on your credit card bill each month. That way, when final payment is due, you already have a credit on your bill.

We don't like coming home to a huge credit card bill when we vacation as we pay our bill in full each month. So I just pre-pay our card with whatever we think we might spend each trip and use credit. So easy not to have to carry cash and we get the airline points!

We are flying first class from Seattle to Ft Lauderdale tomorrow free!

While interesting, is there really any benefit to giving money to the credit card company before you need to? I would say put the money somewhere that's drawing interest and don't pay off your credit card until you have to.

While interesting, is there really any benefit to giving money to the credit card company before you need to? I would say put the money somewhere that's drawing interest and don't pay off your credit card until you have to.

With today's interest rates the way they are, you won't be earning very much. Pennies, maybe? For a few pennies, I imagine some people are more comfortable knowing the money is already on their card.

While I agree with you in principle, the rates of interest currently being paid by most financial institutions make such action less important. I don't believe that there is any real benefit to give the credit card companies any more money than is necessary to pay off your monthly balance in full, the amount that your money will earn by being deposited in an interest bearing account will hardly make a dent in your onboard bar bill.

We have made monthly payments for over 25 years of cruising. Retired and now only paid once a month, we just pay whatever cruise line we are sailing on monthly payments. I agree with Bill we could pay ourselves for little interest or go ahead and make payments to the cruise line. All are better options than paying off a cruise and carrying over a balance on your credit card at double digit interest.

There is something to be said about having your cruise paid off no matter how you choose to do it. That said the answer is yes you can make monthly payments. The cruise lines love it when you do that!

Keep in mind that once you are paid off regardless if the final payment date has passed or not, if there is a price drop you will receive OBC not the amount deducted from your final bill.

Thanks for that info, Sue. I had no idea that was the policy - I just assumed you'd get a credit (not OBC) if there was a price drop before the final payment date regardless if you were paid off or not. Some people might not consider it a big deal, but I got a price drop of nearly $2,000 on a Med cruise a couple years ago prior to the final payment. If I had already paid off that cruise I don't know how I could have used up that much OBC!

Sometimes I hate having such a large amount on my credit card be charged at once. Does RCCL allow us to make payments and pay off the remaining balance once final payment is due?

If you want to make a payment at any time you can either call the reservation line or you can use your log on information on the rCI website and pay through the website at any time. I always do this so I can pay as I go.

Thanks for that info, Sue. I had no idea that was the policy - I just assumed you'd get a credit (not OBC) if there was a price drop before the final payment date regardless if you were paid off or not. Some people might not consider it a big deal, but I got a price drop of nearly $2,000 on a Med cruise a couple years ago prior to the final payment. If I had already paid off that cruise I don't know how I could have used up that much OBC!

If you don't use up all your OBC it will be refunded back to you either the last night onboard at the guest relations desk or they will send you a check..if you used a credit card it will be a credit to that card...

Archived