Airport transfer in Moscow

spree

Unless you speak and read Russian, my advice would be to think twice about trying to travel independently in Moscow or St. Petersburg. Almost all signage is in Cyrillic and very few, if any taxi drivers speak English.

At the very least you will need to have directions printed in Russian to show drivers.

Unless you speak and read Russian, my advice would be to think twice about trying to travel independently in Moscow or St. Petersburg. Almost all signage is in Cyrillic and very few, if any taxi drivers speak English.

At the very least you will need to have directions printed in Russian to show drivers.

Airport is Aeroport in Russian - I dont think one can mistake that word for anything else... :)

But in a nutshell I agree - either do some homework in regards to the language of the country you'll be travelling in or stick with whatever the Cruise Co offers (no matter how overpriced it seems)

Problem with Viking transfers (IIRC) is that you HAVE TO BUY all of them. So, if say ou decided to do a pre-cruise by yourself and therefore do not need Airport to ship transfers in St. Pete's you CANNOT buy just Moscow ones from ship to Airport.... :confused:

We did Amadeus and the transfers through Amadeus were a bargain compared to private taxi.

In Moscow, I had the farther airport (domodedovo) and when I tried pricing a private taxi - it was going to be like 4x the amount.

We have booked our own air. Would like to know transfers from Viking Ship to airport in Moscow. What is available and the cost compared to taking the ships transfers.

Thank you.

I am going in August and my travel agent indicates it is $60 per person per trip on the Viking transfer.

Archived