Special request fulfilled

My husband and I will be on the Voyager Baltic cruise on July 28 in a Category F cabin. He prefers a certain brand of vodka that is often hard to find - it's called Hangar One Buddha's Hand. It is distilled in an airplane hangar in California and certainly rarely found in Europe. We have not sailed on Regent before, so I did not know what to expect when I emailed a request for the ship to stock this vodka for us. Not one hour after I sent the email, I received a personal response from a very solicitous "Retail Sales Agent" who asked me if two bottles would be enough for them to have on board! Needless to say, I am thrilled with this response and anxiously awaiting our on-board experience. Just wanted to share...

My husband and I will be on the Voyager Baltic cruise on July 28 in a Category F cabin. He prefers a certain brand of vodka that is often hard to find - it's called Hangar One Buddha's Hand. It is distilled in an airplane hangar in California and certainly rarely found in Europe. We have not sailed on Regent before, so I did not know what to expect when I emailed a request for the ship to stock this vodka for us. Not one hour after I sent the email, I received a personal response from a very solicitous "Retail Sales Agent" who asked me if two bottles would be enough for them to have on board! Needless to say, I am thrilled with this response and anxiously awaiting our on-board experience. Just wanted to share...

Two bottles will not be enough. Once on board, you will tell this story to new friends, who will want to try it, and they will tell two friends, who will each tell two friends, and pretty soon there will be CC post about how terrible it was that they ran out of Hangar One Buddha's Hand. Terrible.

Tell them you need a case. =)

You will discover that this is typical of Regent...

On our last cruise, last week, I asked if a curry dinner could be provided for 8 of us. The response was "when would you like it"! Similarly, I asked my stewardess to take the bottle of vin mousseux that was in the champagne bucket in our suite and bring us a bottle of real champagne...I also told her there was no rush. A bottle of Mumm Cordon Rouge was on ice in our suite that same evening.

I do hope you have a lovely cruise. They Voyager is my favourite of all the three ships and I haven't been on her in far too long!!

I have my TA make the request. They have been quite simple so far ( Coke Zero and Diet Sprite) and they have always been there for me.

I love also that anytime I was too stuffed to have dessert I could fall back on an old but light favourite of mine - a bowl of fresh raspberries. The food was so good on the Mariner that I found myself in this position a few times! This is a difference with Oceania where one cannot go off menu for no particular reason than you feel like it.

I didnt think of exchanging my sparkling in the cabin just didnt drink it but had a a glass of Mumms at various times.

Apropos another post on the Champagne that replaced Monopole apparently there is no one champagne that is stocked and it changes from time to time. On our cruise they had Mumms but the previous shipment was another brand.

You are far more fortunate than we were. Following your lead I called today and asked to have Aperol (an Italian apertif) in the room bar. The person I spoke to said that is not available in the US and he did not think this would be possible but he would put in a request. This is strange as Aperol is readily available and has its own US website with links as to where you can get it and there are very many places Not really impressed but maybe they really just don't know. I will bring my own bottle.

When I was on Voyager last October they had Aperol in the Observation Lounge bar...

An excellent cocktail is made with Champagne, Aperol and Jubileum Akavit (called an "Isabella Rossellini")...

• 2 weeks later...
You are far more fortunate than we were. Following your lead I called today and asked to have Aperol (an Italian apertif) in the room bar. The person I spoke to said that is not available in the US and he did not think this would be possible but he would put in a request. This is strange as Aperol is readily available and has its own US website with links as to where you can get it and there are very many places Not really impressed but maybe they really just don't know. I will bring my own bottle.

You could contact Regent again and supply them with the US website and then ask for this again. I have not sailed with Regent but why not try?

Adri :)

Archived