Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

What's going on aboard the Sun today? We're booked for the 12/8/05 Eastern Carib. 10 day out of FLL and are so excited. We have Cabin C702, alas, no balcony this time!

Hope we get a Sun update soon!

I'm with you mjhbrown...someone has to be reporting live...and soon!;)

Hi cruizisme,

We will be on board together!! We are starting on 14 Sep in San Francisco. There is a roll call for this cruise but it isn't very active.

See you in a few weeks!

spaceguy,

Don't forget your sweaters while in SF...it gets downright chilly:eek: around that time of year!

I see you posted early on for the 14 Sep roll call. Is there a roll call for the 12 Sep cruise as well? I haven't looked for that one.

I gather you are Canadian or live in Canada from your roll call posts? Mrs Spaceguy is Canadian as well......

I think the Ak cruises are just too hectic for live posting. I'm sure we'll get some action from the Grand Panama and the Caribbean sailings after that. Those days at sea can be long.

Besides, one incentive to posting live is to make everyone on the board extremely jealous.

Hey Spaceguy - You have to keep us up to date on the food situation on your cruise. I'm very curious to see if they respond properly this time. The only concern I have is that repo cruises are notorious for crew turnover. That's when the problems occur and the noro-virus typically rears its ugly head. Here's hoping everything is smooth for you.

BTW, a scout camp in CO got hit with Noro this last week. The headline in the paper referred to it as the "cruise ship virus". So much for accuracy in reporting.

ccrain,

I agree about the AK cruises being hectic but surely someone can take a few minutes and make us all jealous...:o

As I mentioned to spaceguy before,I too hope Princess has gotten it right this time and can meet his food requirements...that's an awfully long time to go without food!

Typical news miss-information...It'd be nice if they get their facts straight before "sensationalizing" the story.A virus can just as easily occur on land as it can at sea.

I wish I was still on the sun. I miss the food :) I leave for another vacation next week, but its camping and unfortunately I have to do things myself ..like cook. I hope someone posts something i miss hearing all about the sun.. it makes me wish I was still on her.

CFL,

CC has a new review, as I'm sure you've seen, on the Sun. I've pointed a couple of people to this thread to get a real glimpse of how the Sun treated us.

I also noted that CC has yet to publish my 4/8/05 review. Cruisemates did it in 2 days.

I really don't understand the CC review point of crowding. I have been on the Sea, Sun and Ocean and only on disembarkation day did I ever feel crowded. The first trip on the Star? Now that was crowded...

CFL,

CC has a new review, as I'm sure you've seen, on the Sun. I've pointed a couple of people to this thread to get a real glimpse of how the Sun treated us.

I also noted that CC has yet to publish my 4/8/05 review. Cruisemates did it in 2 days.

I really don't understand the CC review point of crowding. I have been on the Sea, Sun and Ocean and only on disembarkation day did I ever feel crowded. The first trip on the Star? Now that was crowded...

ccrain,

My sediments exactly! Never felt crowded on the Sun,Sea,or the Ocean either but I was worried that first day on the Star too!:eek:

Try navigating the HC that first day at lunch...:eek: ...better have the elbow pads on!

CC finally posted my 4/8/05 review of the Sun in the member review pages.

Link is:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=10538

ccrain,

Great review.I especially liked the part about:

"My philosophy is to eat everything I can't pronounce"...

Now that's a GREAT attitude!;)

ccrain,

Great review.I especially liked the part about:

"My philosophy is to eat everything I can't pronounce"...

Now that's a GREAT attitude!;)

Absolutely - I paid good money for a cruise, too much to have steak every night. For pete's sake I can have steak at outback or Texas Roadhouse or Steaksmith, or my own grill for far less than a cruise.

I want food that is weird, strange, different to expand my horizons. Yeah, I get a lot that I don't like, but I get some really good taste treats as well.

Hey, you don't have to eat it!

Absolutely - I paid good money for a cruise, too much to have steak every night. For pete's sake I can have steak at outback or Texas Roadhouse or Steaksmith, or my own grill for far less than a cruise.

I want food that is weird, strange, different to expand my horizons. Yeah, I get a lot that I don't like, but I get some really good taste treats as well.

Hey, you don't have to eat it!

When are you going to get a chance to experience those kind of "exotic" foods without spending an arm and a leg at some snooty five-star restaurant?I always try things I've never eaten and am usually more pleasantly surprised than not.

Like you said,there's always something else to eat if you don't like it!;)

Hi all,

Thank you for the review CCrain. I just read it.

My sister's and I are booked on Sun Princess April 7/2006. Ladies time out without the boys. Looks like we are going to have a great time.

Our cabin is Aloha A732. Its way Aft but it was the last Balcony cabin they had for 3. We are waiting for a special and upgrade to a MINI. But if if does not come. O.K> Wish someone would just go and see the cabin and let us know. Then again all we need is a place to lay our heads.

You mentioned snorkeling. We want to do that but would prefer doing off the shore and not have to jump in from a boat. Did you see any trips that would offer that?

I to have found that the entertainment has been, for my 8 cruise, just acceptable. Its just another way to relax and enjoy.

Keep the news coming folks.

Julie

We will try and look into the Dawn A732 cabin in October and give you an update.

You will be able to snorkel from the beach at Princess Cays, but beach snorkeling is just too ho hum for us. A boat gets you out to the reefs and the coral. That's where the fish are.

St. Thomas will have the best snorkeling on your itin. I snorkeled during the BOBing and it was pretty incredible. Barracuda, large jacks, huge bait ball. A sail and snorkle boat pulled up beside us so I know they have snorkeling opportunities.

Hope this helps

Archived