Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Hi all

Thanks for the info on snorkeling. I will try and convince my sisters that of f the boat we get a better view of the ocean and the fish.

QUOTE:

We got our docs on Sat!! Will be on the Sun in less than a month now!

UNQUOTE

If you are sailing on the Sun please take a look a Aloha Cabin A732. I know, I will not faint but I was told its small but compact. 3 people in that Cabin

Just email my TA to get our air fare sorted out. We like to fly direct that is why we do not use the Princess line air packages.

Has anyone use the Princess air package and how was it ?. Can you fly in one day earlier?

Looking for the best deal.

Julie

spaceguy doing the doc dance....gotta love it!:D

julie,

Good luck on your upgrade,I hope it works out for you.ccrain is right,St. Thomas is a snorkler's dream.Unfortunately,we had the worst weather possible when we sailed (if you go back several hundred pages on this thread,you'll find it)and our planned excursion that we were REALLY looking forward to got cancelled.The natives there said they had never seen weather that bad.Lucky for us,huh?

Mini's on the Sun are really nice and you'll enjoy it if you get one.

Julie,

We booked it for our first trip, but booked our own from then on. I want to choose the airline and itin. The only advantage, as I have heard, to Princess Air is when booking Papetee. Apparently you get really good prices.

So true Ccrain.

We tried it once with RC and ended up waiting over 3 hours in Atlanta waiting for our connecting flight. That is why I was wondering. The cruise line usually book last minute and gets you there ever which way. We tried to explain to Royal Caribbean and requested we get book the day before and we would pay for the cost. No way. However, we did have an invite at the Captain's table which was very nice.

We are leaning towards going the day before. Toronto/Ft Lauderdale have several direct flights and the easy going day would help us relax before the trip. Nice relaxing evening by a pool and nice supper. Then all rested for our 10 day cruise.

Now for the snorkeling... How is it on Princess Cay. I know if off the shore but if we are there to start with.

ta for now

Julie

julie,

Fly-in the day before by all means!As you mentioned,nothing better than checking into your room,having a nice dinner and a swim in the pool and a good night's sleep then just a short cab ride over to the port around 11am.

Always give yourself a little cushion in case fights are delayed.I much prefer to make my own flight reservations as well as arrange my own transportation to the port...it's worth any extra $$$ arriving on your own terms.

Princess Cays is a relaxing day to be sure...I'm not certain how interesting the snorkeling is there however.We usually swim and relax on the beach.

On our cruise,we visited PC on our last day so it was a great way to end our vacation.

We were going to last April, but the weather was a bit cold. I looked out and talked to some who were snorkeling. It was so-so. You have to realize that all the sand on Princess Cays is trucked in and spread and its built on a rock basically. There is a float line to restrict swimmers and snorkelers so they don't get in the way of boaters. From people I've talked to its ok, water is cold, but nothing like the premier islands in the Caribbean.

But on the other hand, its conveinient, close and cheap. We skipped snorkeling and beachcombed to the north for quite a while. Next time we're going further. Worked up a great appetite for lunch.

Give it a try! Nothing to lose that's for sure. You might want to rent a cabana and just snorkel off the beach in front of the cabana. Keeps the sun and wind off of you if you want and a nice place to store all your stuff while you play in the water.

Hey CFL!

Island to Alaska with pictures just got cut off and restarted. Apparently the OP wanted to surpass our little thread here.

I do plan to start a "Live From The Dawn" in October. On a 10 day MexRiveria, people should have plenty of time to post.

This will be our first cruise as Platinum and I intend to take maximum advantage of every little freebe I can...

fellow cruiser, I am going on Sept. 12--29th 2005 in this cabin. My question is: is the bed in front of the window? Are you getting excited about your cruise?

Cruzisme, sorry it took so long for me to respond. I'm dying to hear what you think about cabin C702 after your cruise. Seems like December 8th will never get here. Have a great trip and looking forward to your post-trip recap.

MJ

hi there MJHBrown,

just got our docs yesterday; we got C716 for the short 2 dayer from Vancouver to San Francisco; then we move across the hall to C702; I will check it out for you regarding outlets, bed situation, etc. if you wish :)

we are getting excited; we have 1 formal night for the short trip, then we get 3 formals for the longer version.

will post back after the trip!

we are also on the Sun Princess 10/29 - counting the weeks. My first Princess cruise. I'm so impressed with how much people love this 10-year-old ship.

For all you cruisers who have been on this ship before, are there any lounge acts we should not miss? On the RC Mariner last Oct. we heard about a lounge act not-to-be-missed, I think Yee was his name, If I hadn't read it on these boards I would never have gone. He was terrific. Anything like that on the SUN?

Hey CFL!

Island to Alaska with pictures just got cut off and restarted. Apparently the OP wanted to surpass our little thread here.

I do plan to start a "Live From The Dawn" in October. On a 10 day MexRiveria, people should have plenty of time to post.

This will be our first cruise as Platinum and I intend to take maximum advantage of every little freebe I can...

ccrain,

I'll look forward to reading your "Live from the Dawn" thread when you start it.We did the MexRiveria with some friends (ajoining mini-suites)on the Star and had a blast!

Yes...the perks of Platinum! This is the only way to cruise,make sure you get every perk!

Great to hear from some new Sun cruisers.Yes,everyone seems to say something nice about the Sun...a 10-year old vessel that still provides many smiles.:D

I sail on Moday. If I promise to make at least one post 'live', will someone please verify for me whether the cabins plugs are for polarized or non-polarized plugs (2 prongs of same size or one is slightly larger than the other)? Or three-prong? :o TIA,

I sail on Moday. If I promise to make at least one post 'live', will someone please verify for me whether the cabins plugs are for polarized or non-polarized plugs (2 prongs of same size or one is slightly larger than the other)? Or three-prong? :o TIA,

Hate 2 W8t,

I have been on enough princess ships but haven't had to plug too much into the outlets.My best answer for you is that they are standard (?) meaning that any UL-listed "standard" US plug will work.I guess I mean to say is that the prongs would both be of the same size.

I hope that answers it for you and I'll look forward to reading that "live" post.

Have a GREAT cruise!:D

The plug over the desk (balcony cabin) is a three prong and will take polarized or non-polarized plugs. Never had an issue with one yet. There is another plug under the hallway mirror and little tray for your cookies, on the exterior bathroom wall that I'd not seen before that is also a three prong polarized. My AA battery charger, which is a polarized two prong, fit just right.

However, I always take one of those three prong 12" extensions with three outlets on it for the desk. That way I can charge the camera batteries, the laptop and the camcorder at the same time.

We'll be looking forward to your live posts...

The plug over the desk (balcony cabin) is a three prong and will take polarized or non-polarized plugs. Never had an issue with one yet. There is another plug under the hallway mirror and little tray for your cookies, on the exterior bathroom wall that I'd not seen before that is also a three prong polarized. My AA battery charger, which is a polarized two prong, fit just right.

However, I always take one of those three prong 12" extensions with three outlets on it for the desk. That way I can charge the camera batteries, the laptop and the camcorder at the same time.

We'll be looking forward to your live posts...

ccrain,

Amazing about that outlet above the "cookie tray" that no one seems to notice it's there...:rolleyes:

We are under two weeks to go until our cruise. Got a letter from Princess assuring me my meals would be arranged. I can bring recipes of things I would like as well.

Not many on our roll call. I think we will met the first day at sea for lunch.

Up to 172 on waitlist for early seating.....

well it is now Sept. 1 and the luggage is on the floor. We are looking at a garment bag, a large suitcase (may have to go & buy one big enough) and of course, our carry-ons. How are you all managing your packing? Number of shoes? DH is bringing a dark suit (looks like a tux) and a sports jacket. Men, what about your other day clothes? For myself, it will be tops and shorts for the day and nicer dresses etc. for the evening.

Let's hope the weather will co-operate for our cruise! :)

we are definitely on the early seating list, as that was what we had requested when we booked ages ago.

We are under two weeks to go until our cruise. Got a letter from Princess assuring me my meals would be arranged. I can bring recipes of things I would like as well.

Not many on our roll call. I think we will met the first day at sea for lunch.

Up to 172 on waitlist for early seating.....

spaceguy,

Looks like Princess is serious this time...recipes and all,huh!:D

Let's hope they carry it out,I wish you luck.

Keep us informed,

CFL

Archived