Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Hey Mary...thanks for checking in!I tried to respond yesterday but you know how screwy this board gets sometimes:eek: .Glad to hear you've got one planned...to me that's almost as much fun as the actual cruise!

Yeah,this 'ol thread still has it's sea legs...unbelievable at times to me too.

Take care,

CFL

Hey Mary...thanks for checking in!I tried to respond yesterday but you know how screwy this board gets sometimes:eek: .Glad to hear you've got one planned...to me that's almost as much fun as the actual cruise!

Yeah,this 'ol thread still has it's sea legs...unbelievable at times to me too.

Take care,

CFL

we are just back from the miracle, and boy did we have fun ...we are platinim members and with that go many perks on carnival that we love, we are thinking on doing a 10 day on the sun, in feb or march... help us make up our minds . you all have the experience we do not even tho we have done 19 cruises we have never done princess. if you want to know about carnival ask me but help me with princess thanks guys:eek:

Micro yaya - We know how it is to be dedicated to one cruise line. We were diehard Celebrity cruisers until we took our first Princess cruise on the Sun 2 years ago. We liked it so much we cruised on the Golden last January and have another Princess cruise planned for summer to Alaska. Food and service were great. We enjoyed the entertainment. Our adult children liked the 24-hour buffet, which was great after some late nights. Don't think you will be sorry if you choose the Sun, and the 10-day is a wonderful, relaxing cruise. We have been very happy with Princess. Any specific questions, please ask. There are very knowledgeable Princess cruisers on this thread.

Mary

FYI: I have posted some of the pictures from our recent cruise on the Sun, on photo albums online, available for viewing at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/augiegator/my_photos

If you're interested, please feel free to take a look.

Great pics Augie - Thanks for sharing. It looks as though you had a great time.

Thanks again!

Yes...here we are!! Actually, in person...LIVE FROM THE SUN!!! Had a great CC meeting yesterday. Weather is great, had a wonderful "top 40" luncheon today, followed by wine tasting.....me thinks we gotta nap now so we can make it to dinner...............

Yes...here we are!! Actually, in person...LIVE FROM THE SUN!!! Had a great CC meeting yesterday. Weather is great, had a wonderful "top 40" luncheon today, followed by wine tasting.....me thinks we gotta nap now so we can make it to dinner...............

...and thanks for checking in "live".

"May your seas be calm and your drinks tall and cool"...;)

CFL

Murphey, congrats, glad you made it onboard! Have fun and get ready for the Sun Spots heading your way in a week! :) :)

FYI: I have posted some of the pictures from our recent cruise on the Sun, on photo albums online, available for viewing at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/augiegator/my_photos

If you're interested, please feel free to take a look.

Great pictures! It gave me a sneak peek @ our ports. In Barbados...was that a ship excursion or did you book directly with Heat Wave?

Augie; Great pictures, but am curious...what port and/or excursion/location is it where the close up interaction with the turtles is pictured?

Thanks.

That was in Barbados, on the catamaran Heat Wave.

A lot of snorkeling excursions in Barbados will feature turtle interaction.

Augie, Great Pictures. Wondering If You Have Any Of The Sun Patters. Also, How Was The Theater Shows (if You Went)?

Sorry, no patters. I didn't go to any of the shows but my wife did - to mixed reviews...

Augie or any other recent Sun cruiser,

I read on another thread that the seafood buffet, and I assume the cold seafood buffet at sailaway, is not on the Sun, but only on the larger ships. Does anyone remember the cold seafood buffet in the HC on Sailaway date? I was looking forward to it after reading some good reviews.

Hi everyone...here we are....still LIVE from the Sun. Sorry we haven't posted more.....hard to get my butt off our balcony!

NorCal123: No, there is no seafood buffet on the Sun, but there are two wonderful seafood nights. The night before the last formal night is Alaskan King Crab night.....delicious. Followed by lobster the very next night!!

The Sun is in great shape and a grand dame.........had another great CC meeting yesterday after Muster....very nice group.....

Hi everyone...here we are....still LIVE from the Sun. Sorry we haven't posted more.....hard to get my butt off our balcony!

NorCal123: No, there is no seafood buffet on the Sun, but there are two wonderful seafood nights. The night before the last formal night is Alaskan King Crab night.....delicious. Followed by lobster the very next night!!

The Sun is in great shape and a grand dame.........had another great CC meeting yesterday after Muster....very nice group.....

Thanks for the update Murphey..sounds like you're having a blast.

And hey...that was your 1,000th post!;)

CFL

I can't believe it has been a year since I sailed the Sun Princess and got all my good info from this thread. I just got back from the Crown Princess last week and had a great time. This was the first time I have been on a ship this size and find that I prefer the size of the Sun, my favorite so far. Does anyone know if Hristo is still a waiter on the Sun? He and his assistant Ramona made our cruise extra special. I would not hesitate to sail this ship again. Maybe a SF to Australia would be nice, but next up is the Tahitian Princess next fall.

I can't believe it has been a year since I sailed the Sun Princess and got all my good info from this thread. I just got back from the Crown Princess last week and had a great time. This was the first time I have been on a ship this size and find that I prefer the size of the Sun, my favorite so far. Does anyone know if Hristo is still a waiter on the Sun? He and his assistant Ramona made our cruise extra special. I would not hesitate to sail this ship again. Maybe a SF to Australia would be nice, but next up is the Tahitian Princess next fall.

This is good information for us. We will be on the Sun next year for the Panama Canal 17 night cruise.

Do you have any tidbits about the Sun you would care to share. We were on the NCL Spirit, and we believe they are about comparable in size.

Nice to know that you prefer the smaller ship - we believe we do too.

I started reading this thread from the beginning, and was starting to really worry as my sister will be sailing this itinerary next weekend, and we are set to sail on the Sea on December 8. I thought the weather was terrible etc., and then I looked at the dates! I was reading about a sailing from ages ago.

Whew! :o

Archived