Feb VS. Sept

So my husband and I decided that would go on Freedom of the Seas next year instead of Disney. I just really can not justify spending the money. So now we are trying to decided whether to go in February or September. I know Disney has times like September when the parks are like empty is that the same way with cruise ships?

So my husband and I decided that would go on Freedom of the Seas next year instead of Disney. I just really can not justify spending the money. So now we are trying to decided whether to go in February or September. I know Disney has times like September when the parks are like empty is that the same way with cruise ships?

Yes. When the children go back to school, prices drop because demand is lower.

There are many school breaks in February, so there will be a higher demand. September is a good time to go to get cheap prices and avoid crowds, but like others have said, it's worth getting travel insurance, just in case a hurricane were to interfere with the port you're departing from/returning to. If it can get in and out of the home port, you'll likely still sail, though the itinerary could change to avoid a storm.

We ALWAYS sail between Sept ad Nov. Pricing is much better (hurricane season), there are hardly any kids on board and the seas are usually calmer than when we have cruised January - March!

Just make sure you buy travel insurance either way, especially if you are flying. This way you are covered if there are flight delays due to snow in Feb. or any problems with hurricanes in September.

Yeah I know its Hurricane season my husband and I were on a cruise for our honeymoon in 08 on the mariner and we were supposed to go to Jamaica and i forget where else but we ended up going to St. Thomas and St Maarten. So I guess we will take our chances.

Outside of the price, crowds and hurricane season sailing September you can use the pools and swim in the ocean without freezing. Going in February its hard to go in the pool for the first day or two and the ocean is about 10-15 degrees cooler. Of course it is hotter outside in September. However, I still like the fact that it feels like you're on vacation in the caribbean and not too cold to enjoy a tropical vacation. Hope this helps.:)

We always cruise 1st week of Feb. A couple of weeks before school breaks and Presidents week. Ship is full but not loads of kids. This past year there were under 400 kids (didn't even seem that high) and the next week Presidents week they were expecting 1400 kids!If weather is not a factor. Sept pricing is great!

Yeah I know its Hurricane season my husband and I were on a cruise for our honeymoon in 08 on the mariner and we were supposed to go to Jamaica and i forget where else but we ended up going to St. Thomas and St Maarten. So I guess we will take our chances.

In all our years of sailing in the fall, we've never had an itinerary changed to avoid a hurricane. Maybe we were lucky - but we would always prefer to sail in the fall.

Archived