Just back carnival spirit hawaii!

mcgovernsandra

"The" Nipsey Russell died in 2005?

I have the Fun times / Capers posted here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalSpirit/Hawaii/Capers/Capers.htm

I never ventured into the Piano Bar at night - I hadn't heard anything good about the piano player before or during the cruise. Like anyone else, the contract for the piano player is limited in duration.

All I need to know is that you kept her clean for us. We'll be jumping on board when she gets back to VanCouver and heading up to Alaska. Someday I'm sure we will sail to Hawaii, and from the sounds of it, at the age of 30, will be the "youngsters" on the cruise.

"The" Nipsey Russell died in 2005?

We did Hawaii on the Spirit April 30, 2004. We saw Nipsey Russell in the dining room one night and wondered if he was a guest or entertainment. Then he was on the Capers for two performances, but became ill during the first, so we missed him. Throughout the cruise, the CD made announcements re: Nipsey Russell's condition, but he did not perform onboard again.

Entertainment is a very important component of cruising for us. We are doing Las Vegas three times this year - way more expensive than cruising, but we love being able to select our shows and see as many as we can fit into our calendar!

We did Hawaii on the Spirit April 30, 2004. We saw Nipsey Russell in the dining room one night and wondered if he was a guest or entertainment. Then he was on the Capers for two performances, but became ill during the first, so we missed him. Throughout the cruise, the CD made announcements re: Nipsey Russell's condition, but he did not perform onboard again.

Entertainment is a very important component of cruising for us. We are doing Las Vegas three times this year - way more expensive than cruising, but we love being able to select our shows and see as many as we can fit into our calendar!

Oh...

I do know entertainment contributes nothing directly to the bottom line for a cruise line, so it is unlikely there will be any big name entertainers on cruise ships in the future.

Shows in Las Vegas are pricey, even when you get 2 for 1 tickets.

There are specialty cruises with big name entertainment (like bands), but you pay a premium above a standard cruise price for those.

Archived