2 days in one port?

anotherlurker

May be a silly question but if a ship is at a port for 2 days. For example the Spirit Sailing March 27, 2011

Tuesday, Mar 29 CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO 8:00am 5:00pm

Wednesday, Mar 30 CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO 7:00am 3:00pm

If we decide to get a hotel room in Cabo or San Jose Del Cabo for that tuesday night, does it matter that we don't get back onboard? As long as we are back by Wed at 3pm correct? Yes I understand why pay for a room when we have one on the ship but say we wanted to eat at the Golondrina for dinner that doesn't serve until 5pm. Would it matter if we took a small clothes carryon off the ship with us?

We've been to Cabo a few times (via cruises and hotel stays) and our main complaint is the limited time we get in port while cruising. Now we found this and it may work for us. Plus I think there are a few Caribbean ports that do the same.

Does the ship sailaway at 5pm on Tues or just the Tenders stop running between the ship and docks?

Hope that makes sense...

You must have a tourist card to stay overnight in mexico. If the ship can't get back for some reason you will have to fly home. The ship actually goes beyond the 12 mile limit. I just did this in March on the Elation. I don't remember hearing any announcements about not being able to overnight, but they did tell us what time to be back on board.

Candi

I think that candigirl41 is right about the tourist card requirement. That is probably the reason that the ship will actually sail, go out to sea, and the return. Even though you are going twice to Cabo, Carnival (and Mexico) probably treat it as though the ship was sailing to two different ports.

You could take your chance and get a tourist card (and hope that nothing happens to the ship overnight :o)

Archived