Oceanview or inside??

Okay here is the deal we have a 4F. I just saw a 6B become available...with sofa and upper since there are 4 of us ( 2 adults and 2 kids). Sould I go for the Oceanview on the riviera or stay with the inside on the Empress? There will be no cost difference since I didn't book ES....only the FREE up grade. Looking for opinions on this only not booking balcony and other things. Thanks in advance!;)

I prefer an ocean view. Depending on the ship you're sailing, an OV will give you a few more square feet of space than the IS. Also, how are the sleeping arrangements in your 4F? 2 uppers, or upper and roll away? Definitely skip the roll away and go for the OV if that's the case.

Good luck!

I do both but only insides when its just me & DH...

When we take the kids, we book OV or Balcony for the additional room. Its a huge difference! With the OV your bed will not have the kids above your bed, they will instead be on a sofa that has a bunk above it. During the day, the bunk is put back into the ceiling and you have a sofa to sit on if needed. Bathroom is the same size but you can always take advantage of the showers in the spa if you all need to shower at the same time. Some of the spas have wonderful showers.:)

I prefer an ocean view. Depending on the ship you're sailing, an OV will give you a few more square feet of space than the IS. Also, how are the sleeping arrangements in your 4F? 2 uppers, or upper and roll away? Definitely skip the roll away and go for the OV if that's the case.

Good luck!

It is two uppers...thanks everyone....think I am going to take it! It is on the Destiny.

so on the Destiny is the OV bigger than IS...anybody know?:confused:

THE OV's on the Destiny usually have an extra 35 square feet, which, on the higher decks, are the balconies.

I may be confusing this with the Conquest class ship, though.

Okay here is the deal we have a 4F. I just saw a 6B become available...with sofa and upper since there are 4 of us ( 2 adults and 2 kids). Sould I go for the Oceanview on the riviera or stay with the inside on the Empress? There will be no cost difference since I didn't book ES....only the FREE up grade. Looking for opinions on this only not booking balcony and other things. Thanks in advance!;)

Go for the OV, that type of room has a lot more room. I sail with four people, and we get inside, but we have had that type of OV room and we loved it, not because of the window, but the room we had.

I'd go for the OV on a lower level. If you are prone to motion sickness the lower you are the better most of the time. And I think the Empress Deck is where you enter and depart the ship (I may be wrong on this) and if so it can be a bit hectic on the level. Go lower and get an OV. :)

OV for sure! I see absolutely no advantage to being on a higher deck on the ship. We've been on Riviera deck twice and loved it. Low and in the middle is where I like to be.

The window is very nice. It's great to be able to see outside. I've done inside and oceanview and definitely love the OV much better.

Have fun! :)

I've been wondering the same thing about an IS and OV so I was glad to find this thread.

I need to book 2 cabins. If there are 4 people in a cabin, is it better to book an OV (220 sq ft) or a balcony (185 sq ft)? Does the extra 35 sq ft really make a difference?

I've been wondering the same thing about an IS and OV so I was glad to find this thread.

I need to book 2 cabins. If there are 4 people in a cabin, is it better to book an OV (220 sq ft) or a balcony (185 sq ft)? Does the extra 35 sq ft really make a difference?

The extra 35 square feet IS the balcony.

so on the Destiny is the OV bigger than IS...anybody know?:confused:
Here's my one and only shot of Carnival Destiny inside Cabin 2283 on Main Deck.

Destiny_interior-2283.jpg

Only half the cabin is shown (Mickey Mouse point-and-shoot camera)

but we found it quite comfortable for my wife and I

and sometimes a grand-dau who was in and out,busy with her cuzzins also on the same cruise.

But to answer your question, GO for the Ocean View cabin on the lower deck

You'll get a more comfortable ride for starters -not to mention a nice window.. ;)

Archived