General Chat Thread?

Rebel Rouser

Hi Jan,

We can, but I don't know how.

Berwyn

I've had a quick look round the site but can't see anything.:eek:

Why is it so cold? this time last year we had the canvas gazebo up in the garden it was so hot. I had a look at our house on Google Earth and there it is in the back garden 12 months ago :D. Clicked onto street view and wow! they've been round the area with that camera and taken photos of all our houses. Actually it looks really good with the spring blossom out.:):) A bit intrusive though.

Jan

Why is it so cold?

I have a theory or two :D

1, could be due to the Ash

2, Couldbe due to the AI thread

:rolleyes:

Don't start !!:D:D My last word on AI is that someone has had communication with Thomsons on the other thread to say it's all as you were. Hurray!! Don't panic.:eek::eek:

It's the north wind, looking out of my window the clouds having been blowing north to south for weeks, they usually go from east to west here. What's it like where you are RR and Berwyn?

Jan

Don't start !!:D:D My last word on AI is that someone has had communication with Thomsons on the other thread to say it's all as you were. Hurray!! Don't panic.:eek::eek:

It's the north wind, looking out of my window the clouds having been blowing north to south for weeks, they usually go from east to west here. What's it like where you are RR and Berwyn?

Jan

I am as far east as you can get :D look for Sizewell and I live 1 mile from the coast ............it's a lovely part of the world with not a lot of chimney pots just power stations :eek:

The weather is a bit keen, lovely and sunny though, its been fairly clear all week, only on Wednesday night on walking out about 8 45 looked up into a darkening sky and saw the ISS coming over head from east to west, then walking home about 11 ish it came past again..it's some sight knowing it's over 300 miles up and travelling at a rate of knots. I have often seen it but not twice in one night..feel very humble.

RR

I am as far east as you can get :D look for Sizewell and I live 1 mile from the coast ............it's a lovely part of the world with not a lot of chimney pots just power stations :eek:

The weather is a bit keen, lovely and sunny though, its been fairly clear all week, only on Wednesday night on walking out about 8 45 looked up into a darkening sky and saw the ISS coming over head from east to west, then walking home about 11 ish it came past again..it's some sight knowing it's over 300 miles up and travelling at a rate of knots. I have often seen it but not twice in one night..feel very humble.

RR

Idiot me, doh!! I meant the clouds go from west to east.

I've never seen it, probably too much light pollution. Maybe we're not on the flight path here (if that's the right terminology).

Hardly rained here for weeks, just a couple of light showers.

Jan

Sightings this week are

THE FOLLOWING ISS SIGHTINGS ARE POSSIBLE FROM WED MAY 05 TO THU MAY 20

SATELLITE LOCAL DURATION MAX ELEV APPROACH DEPARTURE

DATE/TIME (MIN) (DEG) (DEG-DIR) (DEG-DIR)

ISS Wed May 05/09:02 PM 4 73 16 above WSW 17 above E

ISS Wed May 05/10:37 PM 3 73 16 above W 43 above ESE

ISS Thu May 06/09:27 PM 4 84 16 above W 17 above E

ISS Thu May 06/11:02 PM 2 41 15 above W 41 above SW

ISS Fri May 07/09:52 PM 4 72 16 above W 17 above ESE

ISS Fri May 07/11:27 PM < 1 16 16 above WSW 16 above WSW

ISS Sat May 08/10:17 PM 3 45 15 above W 33 above SSE

ISS Sun May 09/09:07 PM 4 71 25 above W 17 above ESE

ISS Sun May 09/10:42 PM 2 24 16 above WSW 24 above SSW

ISS Mon May 10/09:31 PM 4 44 15 above W 18 above SE

ISS Tue May 11/09:56 PM 3 23 16 above WSW 16 above SSE

ISS Thu May 13/09:11 PM 3 22 15 above WSW 15 above S

ONLY DAYS WITH SIGHTING OPPORTUNITIES ARE LISTED

Hi RR

Thanks for that, I'll be keeping a look-out IF the clouds ever clear.:eek:

Same old same old again. Clouds relentlessly moving north to south, it's bizarre with not much of a breeze but the clouds moving at the same rate of knots every day. No wonder the ash cloud has got to Spain today. That should be fun, not. :):)

OMG I'm getting so English, obsessed with the weather.lol :D:D

Jan

Dont click the LINK from beck noel :mad:

Had a reply, the link migt be genuine, but just to be on the safe side ;) please don't click on it.

Hi there!

Can you send us a link to the thread? Thanks so much for your e mail.

If further help is needed, please reply to this message.

Cecilia

Asst. Community Manager

Cruise Critic

Hi RR

Thanks for that, I'll be keeping a look-out IF the clouds ever clear.:eek:

Same old same old again. Clouds relentlessly moving north to south, it's bizarre with not much of a breeze but the clouds moving at the same rate of knots every day. No wonder the ash cloud has got to Spain today. That should be fun, not.

OMG I'm getting so English, obsessed with the weather.lol :D:D

Jan

It's actually pizzing down here ...it's like a fine drizzell

House work all done :D the day to myself now, will be spoilt when she must be obeyed gets home from work :rolleyes:

I think we have a house full this afternoon ..play offs, the Boys Gfriend comes from Nottingham so she wants to watch the footie in HD.... might just watch a film instead..what do you reckon?

Virtuality

A Christmas Carol

The Messenger

Extraordanery Measures

Leap year

Valentines day

RR

You have to be suspicious. The poster came out of nowhere and for a first post it's a bit odd to say the least, also it's come from a part of the world that isn't known for cruising. It does break the rules about advertising yourself/business and what are calenders got to do with cruises anyway?:confused:

Becky Noel if you are reading this show yourself and explain. Check out Becky Noel profile but don't click on the 'visit my homepage' link just top be safe.

We've got our countdown clocks anyway. lol.

Where did you end up when you clicked on it? Any phishing?

I might be wrong but it's better to be safe than sorry I think. :eek:

Did you send the link to Cecilia?

Jan

Hey? I didn't click on it, I clean (Viri) peoples computers up for a second living so know what to expect ;)

Best anti Virus around at the moment is Microsoft Essentials with Malware bytes as a back up.. all free of coarse :D

Sent Celia a link to the general chat and pointed her to post # 72

It's actually pizzing down here ...it's like a fine drizzell

House work all done :D the day to myself now, will be spoilt when she must be obeyed gets home from work :rolleyes:

I think we have a house full this afternoon ..play offs, the Boys Gfriend comes from Nottingham so she wants to watch the footie in HD.... might just watch a film instead..what do you reckon?

Virtuality

A Christmas Carol

The Messenger

Extraordanery Measures

Leap year

Valentines day

RR

Extraordanery Measures!! that'll be the deliberate mistake then, lol.:D:D

Definitely A Christmas Carol, it's so topical at the moment.:D That'll please the footie fans.

Jan

It'll be you that's running for cover if you don't watch out, lol.

AND it's not rained here for weeks, so there!! I've just been out and cut the grass.The sun came out for a nano-second this afto. Freezing cold. :eek:

I've got Malwarebytes and Kaspersky. The virtual keyboard on that is really good when connecting to banking etc.

That's bizarre!! (the ship). Do you think those turns are as sharp as they look?:eek:

re. the spell check I wasn't going to mention the 'of coarse' lol.:D:D. Sorry, couldn't resist. Tell you what, my punctuation is usually ok apart from when I'm sending texts, then I can't do an apostrophe to save my life. It's really odd, never looks right.

Jan

:

Jan

HI Jan,

It's mainly from the North. Either N.East like today or N.Westerly.

We've had an odd wet day where it comes from the West.

But all that time after Easter and for about 3 weeks in April it was the same, mainly from north with clear blue skies.

Not like the usual April Showers weather we get coming from a Westerly direction.

Berwyn

HI Jan,

It's mainly from the North. Either N.East like today or N.Westerly.

We've had an odd wet day where it comes from the West.

But all that time after Easter and for about 3 weeks in April it was the same, mainly from north with clear blue skies.

Not like the usual April Showers weather we get coming from a Westerly direction.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Just wondering where you were today.

Forgot to ask, how was the Marriot? or is it Marriott.:):)

Jan

It'll be you that's running for cover if you don't watch out, lol.

That's bizarre!! (the ship). Do you think those turns are as sharp as they look?:eek:

Jan

Sharp bends :D I can tell you exactly whats happened.

When the ship has dropped anchor, the wind drifts the ship about, thats why the radar looks like its all over the place.

Checks spilling before entering :D

Sharp bends :D I can tell you exactly whats happened.

When the ship has dropped anchor, the wind drifts the ship about, thats why the radar looks like its all over the place.

Checks spilling before entering :D

Not being of a maritime bent it still doesn't make sense, but there you go. It must be a big ship, I think.:confused:

Jan

Hi Berwyn

Just wondering where you were today.

Forgot to ask, how was the Marriot? or is it Marriott.:):)

Jan

Hi Jan,

Am working nights all weekend, so was in work and then bed for 1st half of it.

Marriott was fine, lovely comfy beds definitely it was hard to get out of it at 3 a.m.

Food was expensive though at dinner and no alternative nearby within walking distance.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

Am working nights all weekend, so was in work and then bed for 1st half of it.

Marriott was fine, lovely comfy beds definitely it was hard to get out of it at 3 a.m.

Food was expensive though at dinner and no alternative nearby within walking distance.

Berwyn

As it's been a few weeks since we were discussing hotels the one near me is the Britannia Airport Hotel. Definitely not as good as the Cresta Court.:D

Jan

Archived