Aqua Class upgraded

sdcruiser73

We will be cruising on the Solstice at the end of May. When we booked our cruise we opted for the Aqua Class rate because of the amenities and Blu. Today I found out we were upgraded for whatever reason to a Sky Suite. Does anyone know whether or not since we booked Aqua Class initially will we still get Aqua Class amenities or will we only get Sky Suite amenities and what are the major differences? I know suites don't get automatic entry into Blue or the persian garden as well as the free water.

So the question is does anyone know where we will fall once we get to the ship? First time cruisers here but we are looking forward to it.

Well we booked a aqua class guaranteed stateroom on orbitz and the fine print stated that you would be in an aqua class stateroom or higher. So I am afraid that since the amenities are so great with aqua class that we might have gotten bumped to sky suite so that someone else with more points/clout could get into aqua class. However that is just a guess, so I was hoping someone might have more information on the subject.

A Sky Suite is much bigger and you will have a butler. Just be aware that it's very hard to go backwards after you've been in a Sky Suite. We are in an AQ cabin and would love to be upgraded to an SS. Are you sailing on May 30th? If so, come and join our roll call.

Sky Suites are often nearly twice as expensive as Aqua Class. Although you will not get the Aqua Class perks, you will get a stateroom nearly double the size, a great bathroom and still get some nice amenities for being in a suite (i.e. a butler, a free meal in a specialty restaurant etc.). The Aqua Class perks are nice, but most people would much prefer a sky suite.

Thanks for the information guys, I think we will be fine in the sky suite. We will be on the 5/30 cruise.

What is roll call, this is our first cruise, so we would love to learn all about this stuff.

At the top of this page it states in red "Go to to the Celebrity Roll Call Forum. Just click on that header. Then click on your ships name. Then look for your sailing date and click on there and start reading. There are a ton of postings. Don't forget to sign up for your Connections Party while there too.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Cheers,

JoAnne

Thanks for the information guys, I think we will be fine in the sky suite. We will be on the 5/30 cruise.

What is roll call, this is our first cruise, so we would love to learn all about this stuff.

Welcome to cruising!! I have to warn you that once you take your first cruise, you will be hooked. You've come to the right place to get all of your questions answered. A roll call is where people go to meet other cruisers who will be on their same cruise, share information and maybe plan excursions. Here's the link for your roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1092467

Here's a link to the caribbean ports of call board. Here you click on the link for the port you will be going to and there will be tons of information and recommendation for excursions. We always do excursions on our own and never through the cruise ship because they are cheaper and much less crowded and more fun. Some threads even have pictures of the islands. I see you are going to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten, all some of my favorite islands. I can give you some tips on all three of these places. St. Thomas is great because you can take a ferry over to St. John and go to Trunk Bay or Cinammon Bay if you like to snorkle. Two of the best places for that. San Juan is a great city for touring with the forts and we absolutely love St. Maarten. We took a tour with Bernard's for $30. He will pick you up at the port and take you to a couple of stops, go to Maho beach to see the huge planes land right over your head at the beach and then to Orient beach for a couple of hours, which is probably one of the most beautiful beaches we have ever been to. I'll post a picture here for you. He also includes free rum punch, beer, soda and water so you can go back and forth to his van and not have to pay extra for that. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Solstice is a lovely ship and Celebrity is our favorite cruise line. The service and food are outstanding.

San Juan

SANJUAN-1.jpg

Maho Beach, St. Maarten

mahobeach.jpg

Orient Beach

stmarteen3.jpg

Heard that lots of folks are rescheduling due to volcano related issues and that may contribute to sold out categories. On our 5/23 cruise AQ is full as well as most veranda cabins. There are a number of suites left.

I have booked the 5/23 and 5/30 on Solstice to replace the cruise I didn't make on the Equinox.

Like many I have never had an upgrade with X but have been upgraded by Cunard on 2 of the 3 Cruises I took with them. We have booked 3 1A rooms for single occupancy and despite paying a 100% for this and have done so for many of the Cruises I have taken with X and still no upgrades. What I say always is I paid for a particular grade and got that grade and even though others have been upgraded I just say good luck to them. ENJOY

Sue

Archived