Thomson Destiny - Caribbean 2011

Hi

Would anybody who has recently returned from the Caribbean onboard the Destiny be able to confirm if they accepted MAESTRO/SWITCH to open your onboard account and use for payment:confused: I have emailed Thomson (twice) with this query, still awaiting reply:mad:. I know we dont travel until next year but we do not have a credit card as we have always used our MAESTRO/SWITCH card onboard the Spirit in the Fjords/Med.

I have looked on the threads on this site and I am still unsure:o!!!!

hi

Many thanks for your reply, this has put my mind at rest :).

May I just ask if you enjoyed the Caribbean? What time of year did you travel. We are travelling in January...hoping the sea conditions will not be so rough but also hoping the weather will be ok.

We were on the Destiny last January in the Caribbean - it was fantastic. It was really hot - went swimming in the sea!! We did have some rain though - the deck party had to be brought indoors - but it was at night so didn't really matter too much.

Hello Cityfan......yes we did enjoy Caribbean thankyou. It was January 2009. The weather not as hot as we thought it might be and we did have some rain, well showers anyway. The sea was a little 'lumpy' at times but nothing to be concerned about. We must have enjoyed it though as we have booked again for early January 2011. Will have to make ourselves known to each other!

hi

we can cope with the seas being a little lumpy and not so hot. must take an umbrella then. We travel on the 23rd Jan 2011 for two weeks, how long are you cruising for?

You can expect temperatures of 30c, and yes it is still warm when it rains (so you don't need a coat) but it can be torrential rather than just showers so an umbrella is an essential item in my bag every day! The locals call it "liquid sunshine".

Carol x

Archived