Is the MDR open for lunch on days you are in port?

LSP2005

We are taking a cruise in a couple of weeks to Bermuda. I read on another thread that the MDR is not open for days you are in port?!? Does this mean that when we are docked for 3 days in Bermuda there will be no master dining room open for lunch or dinner????? Please say this is not so and I misread that.

The Main Dining room is open every night for dinner.

Lunch can vary. Which week are you sailing? You mentioned you are

going in a couple of weeks? If you are going on May 16th we have

a nice roll call for it. Please come say hello:)

Thanks for your replies. Will there be anywhere open to eat on the ship for days we are docked in Bermuda? Will we be relegated to having room service?

What do you do for breakfast?

Thanks so much. This is such a huge shock to me....we went on another cruise line and this was not the case. What happened to feeling like I would gain weight on the cruise because of the over abundance of food?

While you are in port, the lunch buffet and poolside grill are available.

The lunch buffet on Celebrity ships is large and varied - actually better than their dinner bffet.The poolside grill offers hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, etc. Also serves sides - and cookies. The food is very good at both locations.

Thanks for your replies. Will there be anywhere open to eat on the ship for days we are docked in Bermuda? Will we be relegated to having room service?

Thanks so much. This is such a huge shock to me....we went on another cruise line and this was not the case. What happened to feeling like I would gain weight on the cruise because of the over abundance of food?

The dining room is open for breakfast. Its only lunch that it might be

closed.

There is the buffet for breakfast and also the Aqua Spa Cafe serves breakfast and lunch.

Relegated to room service? Nope.

Oh Cova Cafe serves some wonderful pastries in the mornings too.

I have never gone hungry.:)

Lois - I'm addicted to the chocolate croissants! Take good care of Summit. I'll be on her on May 30th.

Try the almond ones:D:)

Thanks to all. We are on the sailing between both of you.

Oh...so you are on the 23rd;). I hope you have a great time and honestly, I think you will find plenty to eat:)

We were in port 5 days in a row on the Equinox and the MDR was not open any of them.

That was an 11 night cruise? Not for breakfast either?

There are a few places to eat some things aboard her.

Lunch time on the Celebrity Ships is a known and still now factoring as they do try to save those pennies.Most Ports of Call they are NOT OPEN in the main dining halls.

In all the decades we have cruised it does amaze me that this line has done some things in the Culinary area/arena which ..lets be nice here.. to say.. It really does have an Extreme need of Vast Improvements!..

It as you may have seen won numerous Culinary Awards but that's years ago now. Even though they still run print ads :mad:saying they are award winning but lack the caption of what awards and when...Oopss.. did i let the cat out..

I see things as they are and say it. Too blunt?

Celebrity used to be the Pinnacle of Cruise line Greatness now it is drowning in HogWash..;)

If anyone is attending the RCL :NYSE Meeting in Miami, FL please bring it up there on May 20th, 2010 a.d. it is scheduled for 9:00 am edt in the JW Marriott 1109 Brickell Ave. Miami, FL

And/or write the Chairman Richard D.Fain http://www.rclinvestor.com.

Through the Corporate Secretary Bradley H. Stein at corporatesecretary@rccl.com

All communications will be received well, especially from shareholders of the Corporation.

On any days at port, you can have breakfast and dinner in the MDR. Doesn't matter if it's lots of days in a row. ( Find this a lot on the longer Med/European cruises.) Makes sense as the schedule people keep on port days is usually much different than a sea day.

MDR is open for breakfast and dinner. Lunch, no. However there are other venues that work out well. The lunch buffets on the s class ships are excellent with a big variety of very tasty food. Better than on the m class, we found.

Archived