Travel Guard screwed up. Hope this won't be a problem

I was just sorting through a stack of cruise documents and noticed that my Travel Guard policy was written for a trip starting August, 2010. My insured trip actually start August, 2011!!! :mad: I spoke with Travel Guard over the phone when signing up for this policy, so their representative entered the wrong dates, not me.

I sent off a request to change the policy dates and explained in the comments section that it was their error. Do you think they will adjust the policy without any problems? Otherwise I am insuring myself sitting on my couch - which is where I will be this August :(

I was just sorting through a stack of cruise documents and noticed that my Travel Guard policy was written for a trip starting August, 2010. My insured trip actually start August, 2011!!! :mad: I spoke with Travel Guard over the phone when signing up for this policy, so their representative entered the wrong dates, not me.

I sent off a request to change the policy dates and explained in the comments section that it was their error. Do you think they will adjust the policy without any problems? Otherwise I am insuring myself sitting on my couch - which is where I will be this August :(

Happens all the time. Won't be a problem.

Hopefully it won't be an issue . However usually depends how soon after you received the actual documents to when you notified Travel Guard of the error. Though Travel Guard apparently made the error, the insured has a designated time period from receipt of the actual documents to make any corrections and or even cancel the policy. Time period can and does vary due to individual state insurance laws. It's is the responsibility of the person purchasing the policy to proof everything upon receipt of the document. That may end up being the loop hole for Travel Guard not to make the correction. Hopefully you included a copy of the booking invoice to show proof of the cruise dates.

Hopefully it won't be an issue . However usually depends how soon after you received the actual documents to when you notified Travel Guard of the error. Though Travel Guard apparently made the error, the insured has a designated time period from receipt of the actual documents to make any corrections and or even cancel the policy. Time period can and does vary due to individual state insurance laws. It's is the responsibility of the person purchasing the policy to proof everything upon receipt of the document. That may end up being the loop hole for Travel Guard not to make the correction. Hopefully you included a copy of the booking invoice to show proof of the cruise dates.

All that may be true under some insurance regulations somewhere but Travel Guard -- because they're in the customer service business -- allows date changes (for any reason) up until the day prior to the original departure date. I dealt with TG for about 20 years as a travel agent and never had a change in trip dates even questioned. They'll be more than happy to sit on this cruiser's money for another year.

• 3 months later...
I'm considering purchasing a group policy thru Travel Guard for a cruise to the Southern Caribbean. It's for my immediate and extended family of 13. If you were buying travel insurance for your family would you still use travel guard?

I don't know anything about group travel insurance policies, but I have purchased many travel policies from TG for my family. I haven't had a problem to date.

Archived