Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

On 6/18/2010 at 10:29 AM, Tanderra said:

Hope it doesn't ever apply to you, but.....the Medical Centre on RCI's ships are excellent. X-rays, various 'tests' and an ICU...which I was in.

The Medical Centre is usually found on deck 1. Doctor and staff are brilliant.

Thank goodness for travel insurance 🙂

That is correct! I got norovirus onboard Harmony. I went to the onboard medical center and they were fabulous. I had a combo Norovirus and acid reflux right after drinking a Johnny Rockets shake. Really sick. They gave me all meds, did EKG because I had chest pressure, IV to rehydrate due to vomiting, free food that was bland that I could order, and they were fabulous. A year prior my friend was quite ill onboard and she did not go to the Med center. Costly pills from the little store onboard, miserable for 3 days, no option on food. Not a good move.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:55 AM, shadowdragon said:

Hi, My Fiancee and I are going on a cruise next spring for our honeymoon, she will be 20, and I will be 21, I am getting th Deluxe drink package, and I am wondering if I am able to bring drinks back to our room? Would I also be able to bring bottles of wine back to our room?

Check age limits on drink package.  RCI  sets alcohol age at 21 for North America ports.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Rayray25 said:

1st time cruiser. Question is for non -formal night in the MDR, can my wife wear a sundress and flip-flops or should she bring some flats?

Welcome to CC.

Wear what you feel comfortable in.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2019 at 8:20 PM, Rayray25 said:

1st time cruiser. Question is for non -formal night in the MDR, can my wife wear a sundress and flip-flops or should she bring some flats?

I suggest that she bring flats for formal night- people do still dress up-  Some do eat a buffet or their cabins and do skip the festivities offered but why?  Enjoy all the evening has to offer.  Hard to believe that flip flops are more comfortable then flats.  Not exactly Jimmy Choo spike heels.

Edited by Cruise a holic

4 hours ago, DustFSU said:

Has anyone paid the extra fee and got the lobster at Chops Grille?  Is it worth it?

Just got off Enchantment OTS a few days ago. Talked with a couple that had eaten at Chops, because I was wondering the same thing. They said the food was alright, but it was kind of bland. If you absolutely want lobster, check the price that the main dining room is charging for lobster & go with the cheapest of the two. Also, check the menu of each meal (most RCI ships have the Royal Caribbean app which you can see the menu for the main dining room more than a month ahead of your sailing date), including your sea day lunches that are available in the main dining room. They will sometimes have entrees that include lobster tail. One of my previous sailings aboard Enchantment had lobster tail mac & cheese. 

• Like 1

Traveling with a 9 month old. Will he get his own ship card? I'm his nanny and we are trying to figure out if mom and dad have their ship cards off the ship how do we get into their room for naps if he doesn't have a ship card himself... also has anyone gotten a crib on board? It's already requested for the rooms but trying to decide if it's just wroth bringing our travel crib! thanks!

6 hours ago, NannyKimby said:

Traveling with a 9 month old. Will he get his own ship card? I'm his nanny and we are trying to figure out if mom and dad have their ship cards off the ship how do we get into their room for naps if he doesn't have a ship card himself... also has anyone gotten a crib on board? It's already requested for the rooms but trying to decide if it's just wroth bringing our travel crib! thanks!

Look on the CruiseCritic website to find the sq ft of your stateroom to check of the travel crib will fit or be in the way while the stateroom (or suite) is occupied. I’ve never seen a crib onboard. I know some cruise lines provide travel cribs. I have friend who requested one on a Carnival cruise & the cruise line provided a regular crib (like you’d see in a daycare center), but it was all metal and had wheels on the bottom. Seemed unsafe to me since it had wheels & you wouldn’t want something that wasn’t so top heavy. The closer to the ground, the more safe it would be if the cruise is a little “rocky.” You could also call the cruise line or your travel representative & ask what kind of crib they provide.

As far as a SeaPass card, I don’t think the baby will be issued one, but you will be required to have one. That should be able to get you into the room. Unless you’re in a different stateroom. But you can always find a hospitality crew member on deck. If you inform the room steward, upon the day of your arrival onboard, that you’re the nanny, they should be able to let you into the family’s stateroom should you have any problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I have questions about having internet onboard the Jewel. I know there is a Voom package, but it seems expensive to me, I only want to check my e-mails at sea days (two days). Is it possible to pay for internet during those two days? Or are there computers with internet that I can pay for a short time?

I hope I posted in the right place.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We recently did a 7 day RCCI cruise to Bermuda on GOS.  On the 4th day of the cruise, we were offered the ability to buy a 10 drink package for $85.  Can any past RCCI cruiser tell me if I can buy the 10  drink card early on in the cruise?

41 minutes ago, goat 65 said:

We recently did a 7 day RCCI cruise to Bermuda on GOS.  On the 4th day of the cruise, we were offered the ability to buy a 10 drink package for $85.  Can any past RCCI cruiser tell me if I can buy the 10  drink card early on in the cruise?

I've wondered and asked the same question and the answers were not a definite no but no one thought nor had seen it being offered beforehand.  I'll find out on my next sailing. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I've wondered and asked the same question and the answers were not a definite no but no one thought nor had seen it being offered beforehand.  I'll find out on my next sailing. 

Thanks.  I think this is  much better deal than the regular package offered pre-cruise.

5 hours ago, goat 65 said:

Thanks.  I think this is  much better deal than the regular package offered pre-cruise.

I believe it's only a better deal for someone that plans on drinking very little.  Downside is instead of being able to have the entire cruise, you now would have to consume those in 2-3 days.  I guess since you can share a 10 drink package it would be easier to do so.  Just as with any drink package, you have to figure out what works best for you.

Can someone please tell me how long it usually takes for dinner service in the MDR? I have a 6:00 reservation with my time dining for 4 and Pixels is scheduled for 7:15. If that’s to tight I will reschedule. 

1 hour ago, Katstang said:

Can someone please tell me how long it usually takes for dinner service in the MDR? I have a 6:00 reservation with my time dining for 4 and Pixels is scheduled for 7:15. If that’s to tight I will reschedule. 

It seems a little tight (2nd seating is at 8:00), but probably doable - if you let your server know beforehand, and maybe forego dessert.

1 hour ago, Katstang said:

we just had MTD on Adventure.  I think they would have gotten us out in 1/2 hour if we let them.  I get the feeling they are trying to turn the tables over ASAP.  Dessert order is taken right along with the dinner order.  YMMV

7 hours ago, Katstang said:

Depending on the session of Pixels, the decent seats may be gone by 30 min out (6:45) - just show up early for MTD.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Depending on the session of Pixels, the decent seats may be gone by 30 min out (6:45) - just show up early for MTD.

I have a similar situation but I figured I'd just roll the dice and see what happens....but now that you said just show up early brings out a question.  I know you can always show up outside the reservation but If MTD is from 6:00pm-9:00pm are you saying we could be sitting much earlier than that or were you thinking dinner starting at like 5:30pm?