Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

** There are NO Waxing services in the Spa on the Navigator of the Seas (I can't speak for other RC ships).

** You can bring an empty thermos onto the ship to use to fill with the free water/Lemonaid/iced tea/breakfast juices

** You can bring those little packs of Crystal Lite, or similar, to put into your water if you are not a water drinker and choose not to pay for the soda package.

Using an empty thermos is frowned upon as it is not sanitary.....kind of like double-dipping:(

Using an empty thermos is frowned upon as it is not sanitary.....kind of like double-dipping:(

As long as you use a separate cup to fill the thermos, there is no problem. In fact they will encourage you to do that.

When the mouth of the thermos comes in direct contact with the water output valve, then that is considered not sanitary.

• 4 weeks later...
If you have a hair straightener you can double it up as an iron also. But like I said hand held steamers seem to be ok. I think the steamer people are referring to are the medical steamers for congestion and the like.

Quick update on this thread - we have just returned from cruising on Radiance of the Seas ( RCL ). We took a small hand held clothes steamer on board with our packed luggage and had no issues. It also worked like a charm for hubbies shirts ( practically only thing we used it for - most of my clothes are either crushed style or polyester blend so creases dropped out hanging in wardrobe ). ROS doesn't have self laundry facilities, so we really liked being able to take this onboard. However, am guessing it may be like going through any security check - it often depends on the place or person doing the checking, so am not saying it would be the same for all cruise lines :) Happy cruising !

Angela, Sydney Australia.

Quick update on this thread - we have just returned from cruising on Radiance of the Seas ( RCL ). We took a small hand held clothes steamer on board with our packed luggage and had no issues. It also worked like a charm for hubbies shirts ( practically only thing we used it for - most of my clothes are either crushed style or polyester blend so creases dropped out hanging in wardrobe ). ROS doesn't have self laundry facilities, so we really liked being able to take this onboard. However, am guessing it may be like going through any security check - it often depends on the place or person doing the checking, so am not saying it would be the same for all cruise lines :) Happy cruising !

When cruising out of the Port of Baltimore, a steamer will be confiscated and returned to you at the end of your cruise. I post this from experience.:o:D

Also fine in Miami and Lauderdale

• 3 weeks later...
A quick question about the games room on Voyager, is there a cost for the kids to use the video games etc?

You betcha. The video game arcade is a very expensive sort of entertainment option for kids. You might wish to set limits on their seapass card, for how much or often $$$ they are allowed to play.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks.....

Just an FYI- we tried this in Baltimore cruise port in 2012 and they wouldn't accept them. They made us sit at the table and fill out "their" form even though they were identical. The port person wouldn't even look at it. Made me a little irritated.

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke to an agent from RCI and the package is by levels, I'm going with the $55 per day package. Includes all beer, wine, cocktails, frozen drinks! Sodas, teas and juices. The upgrade package is $65 pop per day and the upgrade is specialty teas, coffees and freshly squeezed OJ. I'll keep my $10 extra a day

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hi,

Looking for a ship that will accommodate traveling with a 14 month old in the Caribbean - the splash "pools"/zones (where the water shoots up, not standing water) are very important to us. Want to know where they are located since we are traveling with multiple generations, and we don't want to have sit away from the rest of the group.

Thanks!

The per day price is just a break out if the cost. If you buy before you go, they charge that $55 time the number of days of your cruise. I think you can buy the package up to a certain point on the cruise but they still charge for all the days remaining. So, you run a regular tab up to the point you get the package. You have to drink a lot each day if you feel you need to 'break even'. We bought the premium package last year just for the certainty in our budget. We did not worry about break even but also knew our bill amount was set vs. getting into the mood every day aka carte and getting a shock at the end if the cruise. No wrong way to go, just was suits you and your budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The per day price is just a break out if the cost. If you buy before you go, they charge that $55 time the number of days of your cruise. I think you can buy the package up to a certain point on the cruise but they still charge for all the days remaining. So, you run a regular tab up to the point you get the package. You have to drink a lot each day if you feel you need to 'break even'. We bought the premium package last year just for the certainty in our budget. We did not worry about break even but also knew our bill amount was set vs. getting into the mood every day aka carte and getting a shock at the end if the cruise. No wrong way to go, just was suits you and your budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do the bartenders know you have the package? Is it on your sea card?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

Let's say there is another person in your cabin and you purchase the package, do they as well have to opt in and purchase it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

according to what i have read, new rules are that all in the cabin DO NOT have to buy the package.

Michael

Thank you all for this great info, but I still have questions!

1. If I buy the alcohol package does that mean that the alcohol in mini bar is paid for? Do I have to have steward take what is there and ask him to stock it with favorite beer?

2. After reading health form. I am thinking I should have a doc note regarding my wicked allergies, and sailing last week in April on Brilliance.

3) Does anyone know how to find info. last day later disembarkation? My flight is not until 2pm!

4) Can you get Room Service breakfast the last day? When do the Windjammer stop serving breakfast on last day aling with MDR?