Falmouth?

m steve

So we are booked on a small cruise ship - the Oasis - ...

:D:D:D

RCI has the following info about Falmouth, Jamaica http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do;jsessionid=00006gxpWZRJQbDhTOLk5krVI-H:12hdhubrs?portCode=FMT

However, when I click on the itinerary for our next cruise and look for excursions, I get a message that they are working on it and info will be available later. hmmmm:rolleyes:

Some travel sites and books tout the beauty of the island. In light of the recent unrest in Jamaica, we certainly would NOT consider wandering by ourselves, and will only leave the ship if there are RCI approved tours we may book onboard. We would love to see it, yet feel this is one case of "better safe than sorry".

I am on Navigator in March, and from the very beginning my itinerary has said Falmouth but the map shows OR. Now, on another thread I found Marva Shaw, who does tours to Dunns River Falls for a very reasonable price. Just recently I had mailed her about going there from Falmouth, since they listed a shuttle from Falmouth to OR for $180 for 1-4 people. I was led to believe it would be a done deal, that they would just include the price of the excursion on top of the shuttle fare. However, when I made my reservation and told her that I would be docking in Falmouth, she promptly told me they aren't doing excursions from Falmouth. SO....

My question is, since I haven't been to Jamaica before, who should I look into for getting me to Dunn's River Falls from Falmouth?

Thanks for any and all replies. :)

and at this time nobody has any info about if any ships will dock in Falmouth. I used her in OR and was very pleased with her service. I guess you should keep your options open for a little longer until the cruise lines decide what port to replace Falmouth.

and at this time nobody has any info about if any ships will dock in Falmouth. I used her in OR and was very pleased with her service. I guess you should keep your options open for a little longer until the cruise lines decide what port to replace Falmouth.

Thank you for that information. I want to stay with her, so perhaps the port will get changed to OR and then all will be good !!

And I'm leaving 14 Nov to Falmouth on HAL and they told me this:

Thank you for your concern regarding changes to your itinerary. We are in constant contact with the ports and at this time the itinerary has not changed. We do show that this port is a tendered port.

I take this to mean we are still going to Jamaica and will be tendered. Why can't they just say that.

I am on Navigator in March, and from the very beginning my itinerary has said Falmouth but the map shows OR. Now, on another thread I found Marva Shaw, who does tours to Dunns River Falls for a very reasonable price. Just recently I had mailed her about going there from Falmouth, since they listed a shuttle from Falmouth to OR for $180 for 1-4 people. I was led to believe it would be a done deal, that they would just include the price of the excursion on top of the shuttle fare. However, when I made my reservation and told her that I would be docking in Falmouth, she promptly told me they aren't doing excursions from Falmouth. SO....

My question is, since I haven't been to Jamaica before, who should I look into for getting me to Dunn's River Falls from Falmouth?

Thanks for any and all replies. :)

Yet on her website it clearly states they ARE taking groups out of Falmouth... in fact she's my backup in case Peat Taylor isn't going to serve Falmouth... "We operate from all cruise ship ports, including the new port in the Trelawny Falmouth pier, home of our famous Olympian Usain Bolt and all Resorts."

Yesterday when I called my HAL PCC to finish paying my Christmas Cruise on the Noordam I inquired about Falmouth. He said it was still showing us going there. Looks like a spa day on the ship for me unless they change it and we go to another city. No need to get off the ship to do who knows what in an area that Cruise Critic people haven't reviewed!

Just received this note from HAL:

Thank you for your continued correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your upcoming October 17, 2010 cruise on the ms Ryndam. We apologize for the delayed notice of the port you will be docking at on October 20, 2010. We were just informed of the change. The ms Ryndam will visit Ocho Rios, Jamaica instead of Falmouth, Jamaica.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Holland America Line is looking forward to welcoming you onboard in October.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer

Mariner Society

Holland America Line

800-547-9139

Just received this note from HAL:

Thank you for your continued correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your upcoming October 17, 2010 cruise on the ms Ryndam. We apologize for the delayed notice of the port you will be docking at on October 20, 2010. We were just informed of the change. The ms Ryndam will visit Ocho Rios, Jamaica instead of Falmouth, Jamaica.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Holland America Line is looking forward to welcoming you onboard in October.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer

Mariner Society

Holland America Line

800-547-9139

As of this morning the Holland America website still lists the Ryndam itinerary as including Falmouth. My hubby and I were planning to book an October cruise on the Ryndam as a last minute vacation, but now are wondering where it will be going. Given all the bad reviews of Jamaican ports, however, perhaps it doesn't matter. We might not want to get off the ship there, anyway. :(

If your heart is set on Falmouth do not make any reserve for a cruise that go to Falmouth. I am stuck with my cruise because it is all paid off Royal Caribbean is not tell me anything when I ask them were are we going they just give me the run around.

:confused:After reading this post, I've come to the conclusion Holland America has no idea what the Ryndam is doing in November in Jamaica. I called a rep today who told me, after checking with the supervisor, we will be docking in November at Falmouth and will not be tendering. I definitely can't make any plans for port with their info all over the place.

Was wondering the same thing as everyone else. Just "about" to book the January 10th Navigator of the Sea 5 day cruise and only has 2 ports - Labadee and Falmouth.....w/2 days at sea. I don't want 3 days at sea and only 1 port stop.............wonder if/when someone will say if there is a substitute and if so - what the substitute will be?

Never been anywhere near here so don't know what could be a substitute?

Why don’t you take a cruise to Ocho Rios you can take a cab to Dunn's River Falls when I went to Dunn’s River Fall the enter was $16 if you go into Falmouth you will be fair from Ocho Rico. I have a friend that is from Jamaica and he told me that there is nothing to do in Falmouth just shopping.

• 2 weeks later...
We just booked the Freedom for Feb 2011 and will be going to Falmouth too. I am very intrigued to hear from people that stop there. I want to try to do Dunn's River Falls if possible.

We are scheduled to stop at Falmouth on our Nov. 28th cruise with HAL. They are still showing this port on the itinerary. Will post what it is like when we return or maybe from the ship. I am hesitant about Jamaica also although we have never been there. The island is supposedly beautiful but I've heard so many stories about it not being safe that we might just stay on the ship that day, or wander a bit around the shopping area. There will probably be a neat market. Will play it by ear. :)

Archived