diving operators

lib123

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a couple of dive shops that I have contacted for excursions on our March cruise.

I have received a response from Subway watersports and Banarama. Both are offering great packages but haven't seen their names listed on the boards before.

Anyone ever used them or heard of others that have used their services and what their feedback was?

Any and all help appreciated.

You should post this on the "scuba and snorkle" board part of this message board. You will get a tone of responses. I just used Subaway Watersports last week. They were pretty good, but not great. I think we would have thought they were great but the vis was not good at all the day we were there.

Our first dive was with an inexperienced dive master and I came up with 1200 psi, my wife had 1100, and the other two divers had 1200 and 800 when we surfaced. I was not too happy about this.

The second dive was with Mark and he was great and it was a much better dive because he was with us. We came up when we needed to, not all together. If I were back in Roatan diving again, I would use them. They are extremely nice and service oriented.

I used subway water sports last march and had a great time. When we went, I was doing my certification check out dives and my wife was doing a discover dive. We each had our own dive master and did 2 tanks at a fantastic reef. My instructor was very experienced and had been at Subway for a long time. We didn't surface till I was down to about 600 psi on both tanks. Vis was good, my semi-educated guess is that it was abouty 75' or so. I have had better vis in other places and not as good in some.

Archived