Callao / Lima

RLE

I assume there is a shuttle from cruise ships at the Callao port into Lima. Please advise. How long is a shuttle ride? Where would they most likely drop you off? Any suggestions on what to do or see while walking around? Thanks:)

If I am not mistaken last Dec when we were in Callao, celebrity ran a shuttle to the Miraflora District of Lima for I think $14 round trip. You do not want to get off the ship and try to find your own taxi in Callao. Callao is a really really rough area of Lima.

Hi garlictown. (Love your CC handle....would that be Gilroy?)

Callao to Lima....Do you remember how long the transfer from the dock into the city takes?

Hey GArlictown, nice to see you remember you from our cruise on Infinity.

We did the tour of the fort in Callao through the ship because we are going back to Lima for 3 days when we go to Machu Picchu. Some of our group on the Infinity arrange a private tour.

Hi Bobocasey! :)

Of course I remember you! You hung out with Bob and Dee at the pool--which happens to be one our favorite places on Sea Days, LOL.

The cab ride from the pier to Lima was at least 30 minutes......we were with Ed & Eileen and had the greatest time seeing the museum, changing of the guard, plaza, marketplace, etc..... ;)

Archived