Bermuda private guide

fancycroozer

Please let me know how you make out getting a taxi tour at the dock. I was think of doing that also.

Marty

I just got back from the second Pride cruise to Bermuda. Once the ship arrives, there are a number of taxis (mostly vans) that are available for hire. We scheduled with Colin Jennings, but if you can't book one ahead of time, there should be no problem finding someone.

Regarding what to do: we had Colin take us on an overview of the island. A note of caution: many sites seem to close by 4 (Catherine's Fort) or 5 (many stores), so if you are arriving in the afternoon, as we did, you might want to wait until the second or third day to do this, starting earlier than the 2 pm time we started. It was okay for us, but if you really want to go into the fort, for instance, you won't be able to, if you try to go the first day.

The correct email address for Duke is dukesoares@gmail.com. I went back through all the posts and found this address. They no longer use the hotmail address. I heard back immediately from his wife. Duke does not work on Sat. & Sun. but their son does the weekend tours. We are booked with him.

Hope this information will help those of you wanting a good guide.

I've been reading about hiring a private taxi for a tour when I get to Bermuda. I have been there several times, and we have rented the scooters. They were fun and you got to see a lot. However there is so much more traffic in the past few years so I don't feel as safe, also my mom will be coming with us this year so the taxi seems perfect. I am wondering do you also tip on top of the $40 per hour, and if so how much. Thank-you

We toured Bermuda with Colin on April 16 and had a great time. He took us all over the island and gave us a wonderful tour. I would highly recommend him. We spent about 4 hours together and he dropped us off in Hamilton for some shopping.

Great day!

Basically we told him we wanted to see everything we should see when in Bermuda. He took us all over the island and dropped us off in Hamilton to shop when we were done. This took about 4.5 hours. He had a map and showed us where we were at all times. It was great!

I received an e-mail back from Duke Soares stating he didn't do tours on Saturday or Sunday but his son did, the rate quoted was $44.00 an hour. Does anyone know if the rates have gone up? Everything I have read here says the rate is $40/hr.

Shelia, we will be on the Fantasy beginning May 19 and you have answered other questions for me. We will be with Duke's son, Nick. How long was your tour and where all did you go? Did you eat lunch? If so, where?

Shelia, we will be on the Fantasy beginning May 19 and you have answered other questions for me. We will be with Duke's son, Nick. How long was your tour and where all did you go? Did you eat lunch? If so, where?

Hello again! We had Duke from about 10:45 am (we took the ferry to St George and met him there) till about 5:15 pm. We went to the sea glass beach (our request), toured St George including the dunking of the wench, one of the pink sand beaches plus many others with photo op's everywhere. Driving tour of Hamilton, botanical gardens, It was a pretty detailed tour so it is hard to remember everything, I do know we went in all of the parishes in Bermuda.

We had lunch at The Swizzle Inn at our request. We invited Duke to join us but he declined.

we had Colin for a tour on april 17.....he was FABULOUS !!!!! Was waiting for us at the dock and at my request (for physical issues) WE did not want to travel to St George that day......we decided to enjoy ourselves and take it slow and easy -spent 5.5 hours still !!! Colin brought us to the "usual" places....somerset bridge, gibbs, and horseshoe...and then added some beautiful secluded spots that were gorgeous....we took our time at swizzle inn for a brief nibble and swizzle.....even stopped by Hamilton- which had roads closed for some race or something-but Colin was determined for us to get into the heart of town and we did !! Unfortunately (and we were prepared for this possibility) it was Sunday so almost EVERYTHING was closed....small shop called Hodge Podge was open and we purchased nice souvenirs...He knows EVERYTHING about the island and was full of information and history...his charge was 40 per hour-he did NOT charge extra for sunday-and we tipped almost 20 % extra....WORTH EVERY PENNY-anyone who has him booked should consider themselves lucky !!!!!!!

Glad to see your "review"... we are touring with Colin in June and it sounds like we will have a wonderful time as our plan is similar i.e. everything but St Georges but the "best" between Dockyard and around Hamilton. Getting really excited

Thanks so much BeneaththeSea69, it was great to read that you had a wonderful time with Colin. We have him on 6/19 (Sunday) and letting him choose our itinary. I'll post what we did when we get back. We are really looking forward touring with Colin.

nctxmix, do you mind telling me what time you have Colon booked for? I have sent him an e-mail requesting his services for 6/19 also but haven't heard back from him. Does anyone know if he will contact me to let me know if he is not available?