Examining the socioeconomic effect of cruising and its long-term global repercussions

Carnival has got to have the best Mac & Cheese on their children's menu. Had it for lunch one day when I decided I wanted to contribute to the downfall of mankind and devestation of the sustainable farming techniques. And the steward from a third world country, separated from his family really liked his extra tip. Gave me a hug at the end of the cruise. Oh wait - I used my excessive material means to enrich a person from a poorer country. WOW - did I mess up or what and cause an environmental/economic disaster?

But that Mac & Cheese was worth it!

carnival has got to have the best mac & cheese on their children's menu. Had it for lunch one day when i decided i wanted to contribute to the downfall of mankind and devestation of the sustainable farming techniques. And the steward from a third world country, separated from his family really liked his extra tip. Gave me a hug at the end of the cruise. Oh wait - i used my excessive material means to enrich a person from a poorer country. Wow - did i mess up or what and cause an environmental/economic disaster?

But that mac & cheese was worth it!

rotfl

Carnival has got to have the best Mac & Cheese on their children's menu. Had it for lunch one day when I decided I wanted to contribute to the downfall of mankind and devestation of the sustainable farming techniques. And the steward from a third world country, separated from his family really liked his extra tip. Gave me a hug at the end of the cruise. Oh wait - I used my excessive material means to enrich a person from a poorer country. WOW - did I mess up or what and cause an environmental/economic disaster?

But that Mac & Cheese was worth it!

If you ordered more than one serving of M&C at any one sitting, then, Yes, you have spun it all out of control. Dammit, how can you be so selfish?? Now the cows have to crank out more milk to make more cheese, and the farmers have to plant more wheat to make more noodles .... all because you wanted to rob the kiddies of their meal so you could have it.

appalling

;)

If you ordered more than one serving of M&C at any one sitting, then, Yes, you have spun it all out of control. Dammit, how can you be so selfish?? Now the cows have to crank out more milk to make more cheese, and the farmers have to plant more wheat to make more noodles .... all because you wanted to rob the kiddies of their meal so you could have it.

appalling

;)

I love this thread!

I've just eatten more chocolate than I should have in one sitting. I'm truly sorry. Please don't tell anyone. The vending machine is too near my desk.... well it's on the same floor, and the chocolate was really cold and crisp.

Sorry to have gone off topic. I need a holiday.

To those of you who believe it is ok to over work the cows please consider the global implications of methane gas. Thank you.

So instead of 'Stop global warming' we now need a new phrase?

Be cautious of dairy. excessive cow flatulence is a planet-wide problem!

J

What milk? What cheese? What cows?

You mean you think that's real dairy?????????;)

You're probably right, it's more like a petroleum derivative, 2 qts Quaker State 10W30 - shaken not stirred!

To those of you who believe it is ok to over work the cows please consider the global implications of methane gas. Thank you.

We don't have to worry about that, because RCI sources all of its dairy products from 'earth friendly' sources.

The use of a 'Gas-Pack 3000' (shown below) enables responsible dairy farmers to collect and safely make use of all Bovine Emissions.

cow-fart-collection-device-photo

A program to supplement existing power sources aboard Oasis was also discussed but was scrapped in the testing phase. It was unclear how RCI was going to enforce having its passengers wear similar devices connected to an exterior holding tank (shown below)3607929188_f491e61de4_b_thumb.jpg?w=428&h=285

We don't have to worry about that, because RCI sources all of its dairy products from 'earth friendly' sources.

The use of a 'Gas-Pack 3000' (shown below) enables responsible dairy farmers to collect and safely make use of all Bovine Emissions.

cow-fart-collection-device-photo

A program to supplement existing power sources aboard Oasis was also discussed but was scrapped in the testing phase. It was unclear how RCI was going to enforce having its passengers wear similar devices connected to an exterior holding tank (shown below)3607929188_f491e61de4_b_thumb.jpg?w=428&h=285

Will you pay to replace my keyboard that now has water all over it from me laughing so hard while drinking, while reading this thread??? LOL Thanks for the morning laugh.

My sister-in-law eats from the children's menu all the time. She even has a collection of menus from all the ships. It's a great alturnative when you don't see anything that interests you on the adult menu.

Archived