Carnival brides

My fiance and I are thinking about getting married on Carnival. We are thinking about the Liberty 1/2011. If you've gotten married on Carnival before, would you recommend it? If you are planning on getting married on Carnival how has your planning gone so far?

If anyone has any wedding pictures from their cruise please post!!

I'm getting married on the Miracle in August and my WC from Carnival has been very helpful and has answered all of my questions quickly. We booked in June last year, so there have been lots of questions along the way! I haven't had to deal with the company that handles the ceremony yet, A Wedding For You, so I'm not sure how that experience will be. Most of the other brides have worked with The Wedding Experience, but for some reason Carnival uses A Wedding For You out of NYC.

I was married on the Victory last year and Carnival did a great job. My flowers were just what I wanted and the food was more than enough (although we did pay the $10 per guest fee to use the buffets just in case our guests wanted more to eat) for all. The open bar was also nice - the package price is very reasonable. We did expand our reception to 2 hours which was nice, I would highly recommend it as the time flies by fast. The only problem we had was with the DJ, he couldn't get our I-Pod to work (which we had loaded with our favorite songs), so we had to go with what he had which was not comprable to what we wanted), so please follow up with that if you have certain music you like.

The Wedding Experience was great as well - she took us to get our license and then followed through the entire wedding. She did extra little things like put out our favors and consult with the minister as to our ceremony choices.

I checked other cruise lines, but Carnival not only had the best prices, but they really have it down to a smooth science and make you feel special on your special day.

47650127.jpg.7529bfb75ef23d556006fbefc4ede188.jpg

47650117.jpg.599b906eb6c9c2fa104b55429d601611.jpg

My fiance and I are thinking about getting married on Carnival. We are thinking about the Liberty 1/2011. If you've gotten married on Carnival before, would you recommend it? If you are planning on getting married on Carnival how has your planning gone so far?

I would recommend them...i had no issues with them, when i called them i got the answer to my question...this board is also very helpful... dont be afraid to ask questions on here or use the search because you might find the answer on here before you contact TWE...

here is the link with the photos from previous brides

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=349332

My DD is getting married on the Glory in June of 11. What did

you do about getting your hair done. I understand the hair

salon is not open for the bridal party. Thank you

I'm going to find a hair salon in Miami to do my hair the morning of the ceremony. Hopefully I can find a place close to our hotel! & who is open early!!

I found a place that has stylists & makeup artists come to your house/hotel to do the hair & makeup. I'm having 2 ladies come to my house at 6 am to do hair & makeup for me, my mom and 3 bridesmaids...they estimated about 3 hours for all of us to be done. I'm in Jersey, but I'm sure you can find someone in Miami to do that.

Congrats to you and your fiance! I just got married on the Carnival Glory last week and I thought it all went really well. I worked with Sasha from Carnival Weddings and she answered any questions I had in a timely manner and was sweet.

I had limited contact with The Wedding Experience, but that went well too. After reading posts on here I had already planned to bring my own (fake) flowers for the wedding party as well as my own cake topper. I was glad I did because the one provided is pretty 80's looking and the bridal bouquet was ivory roses that were already turning a lil brown. But it was still very very nice (a lot heavier than I imagined it would be).

Peter was our Wedding Coordinator and he was great. Barbara was our officiant, provided by the Wedding Experience and I liked her alot. She went through the ceremony with me and my husband while waiting in the terminal so we knew what to expect.

Both our videographer and photographer were good. The one complaint I had is that when we sat down to look through our pictures, the photographer showed us a beautiful DVD slideshow and coffee table book of our pictures and then shows us a sheet of 2 available packages of photos with CRAZY prices! A totally different sheet than what Carnival provided when we booked the wedding. So that caused some drama, but when we asked about the other packages he did provide a different sheet of prices that were more affordable and he was very nice about the whole thing.

But overall we had a great time and so did everyone that came. We had the Deluxe Romance package and the DJ and he was good. My friend helped out by setting up my favors (pre-packaged cookies) and post cards to be used for our guest book and gave the DJ a CD of our wedding music. So I didn't really have much to stress over or do once we were on the boat.

For my make-up I used Miriam Behar (http://www.makeupartistmiriam.com/) and she and an assistant came to our hotel the morning of the wedding and did a great job. My wedding party and friends had a great time talking with them.

I found a place that has stylists & makeup artists come to your house/hotel to do the hair & makeup. I'm having 2 ladies come to my house at 6 am to do hair & makeup for me, my mom and 3 bridesmaids...they estimated about 3 hours for all of us to be done. I'm in Jersey, but I'm sure you can find someone in Miami to do that.
o

I am in Jersey too. She will be married in NY. We are in Warren county

Are your hair dressers from our area? Thank you

I was married on the Victory last year and Carnival did a great job. My flowers were just what I wanted and the food was more than enough (although we did pay the $10 per guest fee to use the buffets just in case our guests wanted more to eat) for all. The open bar was also nice - the package price is very reasonable. We did expand our reception to 2 hours which was nice, I would highly recommend it as the time flies by fast. The only problem we had was with the DJ, he couldn't get our I-Pod to work (which we had loaded with our favorite songs), so we had to go with what he had which was not comprable to what we wanted), so please follow up with that if you have certain music you like.

The Wedding Experience was great as well - she took us to get our license and then followed through the entire wedding. She did extra little things like put out our favors and consult with the minister as to our ceremony choices.

I checked other cruise lines, but Carnival not only had the best prices, but they really have it down to a smooth science and make you feel special on your special day.

Hey happysailing I am getting married on the Victory in October...I have a couple of questions for you...can you please help?? Here's my email- roseperalta930@yahoo.com

o

I am in Jersey too. She will be married in NY. We are in Warren county

Are your hair dressers from our area? Thank you

I'm getting married in NY too. I'm in Hudson County, but they're in Little Falls (Passaic County). They charge a $50 travel fee if it's over 30 minutes, which is reasonable. I'm not sure how far you are from there, or if it would be more depending on how much more the travel time would be. I'm using Vanity & Mascara: http://www.vanityandmascara.com

I went for my hair & makeup trial in March and Sharron did a great job!

If you click on "Information on Pricing" you can get a price quote. She was very quick to get back to me and answered all of my questions!

I'm getting married in NY too. I'm in Hudson County, but they're in Little Falls (Passaic County). They charge a $50 travel fee if it's over 30 minutes, which is reasonable. I'm not sure how far you are from there, or if it would be more depending on how much more the travel time would be. I'm using Vanity & Mascara: http://www.vanityandmascara.com

I went for my hair & makeup trial in March and Sharron did a great job!

If you click on "Information on Pricing" you can get a price quote. She was very quick to get back to me and answered all of my questions!

Thank you. I will check the stie out. Funny thing is I grew up in Lttle Falls.

I'm getting married on the Miracle in August and my WC from Carnival has been very helpful and has answered all of my questions quickly. We booked in June last year, so there have been lots of questions along the way! I haven't had to deal with the company that handles the ceremony yet, A Wedding For You, so I'm not sure how that experience will be. Most of the other brides have worked with The Wedding Experience, but for some reason Carnival uses A Wedding For You out of NYC.

The vendor, A Wedding For You, were great!! I called them a lot before my wedding last year. The lady they sent to marry us was amazing!! My flowers were gorgeous as well! I'll attach some photos at the end of this post. If you have any other questions, ask.

I would definitely recommend Carnival as a venue. My planning was very smooth. If I ever had a question I contacted Lissy at Carnival.

14lkmrq.jpg

My flowers

ruzoyq.jpg

Our cake and toasting glasses.

2wmqknp.jpg

Picture by the specialty restaurant.

of3p0y.jpg

Piano bar where we had our reception. Beautiful room. I was hesitant at first, but I loved it in the end!

zx8z9c.jpg

The photographer did pretty good with all his pictures! We bought the entire package. We especially loved the photo slide show they did on the Miracle. We also received 4 canvases of pictures of our choice.

hvvvxd.jpg

Great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing! Lissy has been amazing. I am going to contact A Wedding for You soon. Did you rent your tuxes from Carnival?

We only rented a bow tie from Carnival. Kenny bought his tux and rented tuxes from Mens Warehouse for the groomsmen, best man, and FOB (they are partnered with Davids Bridal).

Did you keep the tuxes for the whole cruise? We were thinking about going there, but we're worried about the added expensive of renting for the week. I'm thinking it would be over $200 then?

We actually had one of the groomsmen, that wasn't sailing with us, drop off the tux rentals. That way we didn't have to pay for more than the time we were using them. That's why he bought his tux, so he could keep his the whole cruise.

Great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing! Lissy has been amazing. I am going to contact A Wedding for You soon. Did you rent your tuxes from Carnival?

Also, when you call A Wedding For You, ask for Patty! She is the one I worked with and she gave me sooo many handy tips! She seems to know more than Lissy did about the process. Tell her Amelia King says hello. =)

Those are beautiful pictures~ I love the one by the tail!!!! Your dress is gorgeous! My husband and I are renewing our vows on the Spirit in January and I definately want a picture next to the tail!

Those are beautiful pictures~ I love the one by the tail!!!! Your dress is gorgeous! My husband and I are renewing our vows on the Spirit in January and I definately want a picture next to the tail!

Thank you!! =) If you have the picture done by the tail, make sure it's your last few pictures taken by the photographer! It was extremely windy up there.. My dress felt like it was going to blow up any second and my hair was ruined. But it was worth it! We had an amazing photographer onboard the Carnival Miracle!!! I hope you have an amazing time with your vowel renewals!

Also, when you call A Wedding For You, ask for Patty! She is the one I worked with and she gave me sooo many handy tips! She seems to know more than Lissy did about the process. Tell her Amelia King says hello. =)

Thanks Amelia! The woman I spoke to at Carnival the last time I called (Lissy wasn't available) told me to ask for Patty or Karen when she gave me the number for A Wedding For You....now I know to ask for Patty :-) I'll be sure to tell her you said hello!

I was going to have the guys buy linen suits that I saw on BDW, but I'm thinking I want tuxes now...hopefully my future MIL & FIL will return the tuxes for us because my FI's two teenage brothers are the only non-sailing groomsmen.

Thank you!! =) If you have the picture done by the tail, make sure it's your last few pictures taken by the photographer! It was extremely windy up there.. My dress felt like it was going to blow up any second and my hair was ruined. But it was worth it! We had an amazing photographer onboard the Carnival Miracle!!! I hope you have an amazing time with your vowel renewals!

Hi! I noticed that you guys were married last year on the date that we're getting married this year..well..we're getting hitched on July 18th. Are you going on a cruise this year as well to celebrate? How was the cabin?

Thanks Amelia! The woman I spoke to at Carnival the last time I called (Lissy wasn't available) told me to ask for Patty or Karen when she gave me the number for A Wedding For You....now I know to ask for Patty :-) I'll be sure to tell her you said hello!

I was going to have the guys buy linen suits that I saw on BDW, but I'm thinking I want tuxes now...hopefully my future MIL & FIL will return the tuxes for us because my FI's two teenage brothers are the only non-sailing groomsmen.

You're going to love Patty! She is very friendly, helpful, and is a a great resource for questions Lissy can't answer.

As for the tuxes, go for it! I'm sure the MIL or FIL would be more than willing to drop them off! We loved the tuxes there; especially the ascot tie that was a platinum stripe!

Hi! I noticed that you guys were married last year on the date that we're getting married this year..well..we're getting hitched on July 18th. Are you going on a cruise this year as well to celebrate? How was the cabin?

Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful time!!!! Yes we are going on a cruise July 11-18th.. Totally missing the 19th, but that's ok! We are excited!! Our cabin on the Miracle was AMAZING!!!! IT was the aft wrap suite!!! If I ever sail on the Miracle again I want that suite! It has two rooms and a massive makeup/hair area.. Bathroom was awesome as well! The closet was ok.. It was packed because of my wedding dress and wedding stuff. One major tip, MAKE SURE you can carry everything you bring on the ship off; or have someone carry some of the wedding stuff off with them and get it from them later. We had 8 people carry stuff on and we carried everything off... What a nightmare... we laughed a lot!

You're going to love Patty! She is very friendly, helpful, and is a a great resource for questions Lissy can't answer.

As for the tuxes, go for it! I'm sure the MIL or FIL would be more than willing to drop them off! We loved the tuxes there; especially the ascot tie that was a platinum stripe!

Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful time!!!! Yes we are going on a cruise July 11-18th.. Totally missing the 19th, but that's ok! We are excited!! Our cabin on the Miracle was AMAZING!!!! IT was the aft wrap suite!!! If I ever sail on the Miracle again I want that suite! It has two rooms and a massive makeup/hair area.. Bathroom was awesome as well! The closet was ok.. It was packed because of my wedding dress and wedding stuff. One major tip, MAKE SURE you can carry everything you bring on the ship off; or have someone carry some of the wedding stuff off with them and get it from them later. We had 8 people carry stuff on and we carried everything off... What a nightmare... we laughed a lot!

Thanks for your response. I hope I enjoy the cabin, I did a lot of research and was happy that it was available. I plan just to carry on my dress and my carry on bag, the rest of the luggage will come in later. It's only going to be 8 people in the wedding party, there are only two other guests that are sailing with us. So that's a good thing. I can't wait. Who was your photographer? How did your pics turn out?

Archived