First time HAL cruiser, questions!

CanWeGoYet?

I hope my questions won't match up with the Most Inane Question thread, but here goes.

Have a 4 day cruise booked, will there be a formal night? I've only cruised Carnival and Celebrity so far, for anyone who has cruised either of those 2 lines - is dining room attire comparable? I am thinking slacks or a casual dress for cruise casual, a cocktail dress for formal night. Thanks in advance for advice.

I hope my questions won't match up with the Most Inane Question thread, but here goes.

Have a 4 day cruise booked, will there be a formal night? I've only cruised Carnival and Celebrity so far, for anyone who has cruised either of those 2 lines - is dining room attire comparable? I am thinking slacks or a casual dress for cruise casual, a cocktail dress for formal night. Thanks in advance for advice.

We have cruised on Holland and Carnival. Holland is a step up from what we experienced. Sunday's best would be appropriate. They will have at least 1 formal night, and if you decide to do reservations at the Pinnacle (highly recommended) you will need suit and tie there as well. Pinnacle is worth doing just for the experience. Really nice... Not sure how they compare to Celebrity, but I think Holland is on the same level. It is certainly 4+ star if not more. Our favorite cruise line - elegant and an older crowd. It was very relaxing from what I recall.

I have cruised all 3 lines and loved all three experiences.. Main dining room atire is the same on all three lines. HAL is very close to Celebrity and Carnival is slightly behind(although I do think Carnival takes a bad rap. It isn't nearly as bad as many make it out to be.) You'll have a great time. You will be cruising and what's better than that?

... They will have at least 1 formal night, and if you decide to do reservations at the Pinnacle (highly recommended) you will need suit and tie there as well. Pinnacle is worth doing just for the experience. Really nice...

I'm presuming that you're saying a suit and tie is required for the Pinnacle because you're talking about the night that it's formal attire in MDR??

I'm asking because we have Pinnacle reservations on a non-formal night and although hubby will be wearing a dress shirt and slacks, he certainly won't be wearing a jacket and tie. (He wears a tuxedo in the MDR on formal night so doesn't bring a jacket and tie.)

I didn't think jacket and tie was required at any time in the Pinnacle, not even on formal night. ??

I didn't think jacket and tie was required at any time in the Pinnacle, not even on formal night. ??
The PG follows the same dress code as the MDR. If it is formal night in the MDR, it is formal night in the PG. We've found that people dress nicer in the PG than the MDR,

I'm presuming that you're saying a suit and tie is required for the Pinnacle because you're talking about the night that it's formal attire in MDR??

I'm asking because we have Pinnacle reservations on a non-formal night and although hubby will be wearing a dress shirt and slacks, he certainly won't be wearing a jacket and tie. (He wears a tuxedo in the MDR on formal night so doesn't bring a jacket and tie.)

HAL doesn't specify a dress code for the PG. However, I believe the "rule", if you will, is that the PG follows whatever the dress code is for the MDR for that evening.

We have gone quite a few times to the Pinnacle on Smart Casual Nights -- and DH no longer wears a jacket on that night. In fact I would say about 95% of the men do not wear a jacket on that night.

On formal nights in the Pinnacle my DH wears his tuxedo -- many other men do as well. And the others wear either a suite or jacket with tie. The Pinnacle does follow the same dress code as the main dining room on formal nights.

Your itinerary is one where some people will get on for just the 4 day Coastal cruise while others will get on to do not only the 4 days but the 34 day cruise as well.

There will be a formal night -- first sea day after you leave Seattle.

Your cocktail dress will be fine.

Your itinerary is one where some people will get on for just the 4 day Coastal cruise while others will get on to do not only the 4 days but the 34 day cruise as well.

34 days? So jealous! Do you think they would notice if I hide under my bed during disembarkation? :p

Seriously, thank you all for the information. I'm really looking forward to this cruise and trying HAL!

Archived