Does it cost to use the sauna/steam room?

spanky11

I noticed that the OP hasn't received an answer yet and I have a similar question. My husband loves a dry sauna. I've read about steam rooms in the spa center. One post talked about a dry sauna in the locker rooms - but I wasn't certain if that was on all ships or just the one they had been on. Also - are the locker rooms part of the fitness center or an extra cost item attached to the spa?

If the OP is referring to the lockers, steamroom and sauna associated with the Thermal Suite there is most definately a charge. You must buy a Thermal Suite day pass or cruise package to be able to get a locker key and card key to enter the Thermal Suite.

Dennis

If the OP is referring to the lockers, steamroom and sauna associated with the Thermal Suite there is most definately a charge. You must buy a Thermal Suite day pass or cruise package to be able to get a locker key and card key to enter the Thermal Suite.

Dennis

Is there a separate steam room/sauna associated with the fitness center locker rooms? I'm not really sure of the layout since I've never been on a cruise.

There is a sauna (free) in the locker room area on the S & R ships. Prinsendam has a free sauna and steam room in the locker area. On the Vista Class ships the free sauna in located in the port corrridor as you leave the Lido Pool. Believe location is the same on Signature Class but not having sailed on Eurodam can't be sure. The steam room on all ships (except Prinsendam) is in the Thermal Suite and there is a charge for its use.

Bob

Thanks! Just a couple more questions.

About how much is a day use pass for the thermal suite? Is it included if you get a spa treatment for that day? What about if you take a fitness class?

I noticed that there are yoga and pilates classes listed under both the fitness center and the spa. Are there different classes available?

Archived