Platinum level

notmystyle

Unfortunately although Carnival Corp owns both Princess and Carnival, as well as other cruise lines like HAL and Costa, the days you cruise on one brand don't go towards the rewards programs on the others. I sure wish they did since we have over 100 days on HAL I would love see applied to my Princess status.

Evidently Carnival execs believe that by keeping the days separate they can keep brand differentiation. And it also is cheaper for them since they don't have to give the extra benefits to as many people.

Have a great next cruise.

Evidently Carnival execs believe that by keeping the days separate they can keep brand differentiation. And it also is cheaper for them since they don't have to give the extra benefits to as many people.
That's not the reason and I'm not sure where you got that information. The reason is that the Princess' and Carnival's past passenger perks have been in place for a lot of years, long before Carnival Corporation & LLC (brokerage symbol CCL), the parent holding company for Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess, Holland America, Cunard, etc. purchased both Princess and P&O. The loyalty programs were very different and continue to be. Same with the way the different lines were, and are, managed and branded. You're confusing Carnival Cruise Lines with CCL, which is a holding company and which makes sure that the different cruise lines it owns maintain their own brand, exclusive of the others. The ONLY two cruiselines owned by CCL that count cruises on the other are P&O and Princess, primarily because P&O used to own Princess before both were purchased by CCL.

I was told if you mention you have sailed with one the cruise lines under Carnival that you would get a past passenger rate, if there was one.

Yes, but that is not the same as a Carnival cruise counting towards Captain's Circle benefits.

Thanks to all the consolidations and merges of cruise lines, you can get past

passenger rates on most of them. I was surprised when I got my first Oceania mailing

calling me a past passenger because we sailed on Renaissance.

So, even though you don't get Captain's Circle bennies, it's still worth to tell them

what you've sailed on.

Archived