Beaches

DancingNancy_570

I just cannot resist replying to this thread. Let me say that I have never been on a cruise or to the island of Cozumel. I have been researching in great anticipation of my cruise at the end of this month. Posts like the original really have no impact on anyone's thoughts. If someone has a negative comment or suggestion to add, I only consider it valid if they can provide details, especially details when asked for some. Same for positive comments. For example, a comment of something being dirty or of food being bad is a worthless coment and the person posting it is just wasting their effort.

Anyone with a brain (I hope I fall into that catagory) can see through such malicious comments. There is a huge amount of valuable information in these boards. And there are people that just like to see their name on the Internet. It seems to be fairly easy to tell the two apart.

Now, on to posts that are started with true information. :)

Dave, that is refreshing to hear. And I encourage you to ask questions about all of your options in Cozumel... there are many great beaches and places to visit!!! Contrary to what "some" might say, Coz is really a great place to visit.... nope, not the cleanest or most well to do place in the world, but there are some truly beautiful spots! I for one will say that while I love PB, it is probably not one of the most beautiful beaches... it's a great beach, great service, great food and drinks and wonderful people... but for those looking for a Corona commercial, it's not the place, IMHO. I for one will sing the praises of places I enjoy, but the things I enjoy may not be what someone else might enjoy... so ask alot of questions that are in line with what YOU are looking for in a vacation... thank you for your post, it is nice to see what others opinions are on a post such as this!!

Tis a shame I can't access the information others have experienced. Even so, I don't think I would have pounded it into the ground. Especially if, for example, the OP has some mental issues.

Born and raised in NOLA and still go back a number of times a year. Perhaps someday you'll try the zydecocruise. Great for relieving stress.

I know, it probably should not be beat to the ground, but honestly... many of us were treated very poorly... I would not want to post it all here, but would be happy to talk about it offline....

Do tell on the Zydeco cruises!!! One of my good buddies, Selucrey Dan, has turned me on to the wonders of NOLA and the culture there.... we had a CC group cruise out of NOLA in October and are having another on the Conquest in 2006. I fell in love with NOLA... and the music was truly something I want to hear more of... I love the people and their character... would love to cruise with ANYONE that shares the same character as those I was fortunate enough to meet in NOLA!!!

I have no experience with the OP, but will make up my own mind in time with more posts.

Yes, it certainly has the flavor of a Paradise Beach lynch mob, but I'm withholding judgment of that also.

Hey zydeco.....I'm not a go to the beach and get sand in my crotch kinda guy, so I could really care less about any beach.......but I can tell you that the OP has an afinity for embellishment......... 36_19_4.gif

I know, it probably should not be beat to the ground, but honestly... many of us were treated very poorly... I would not want to post it all here, but would be happy to talk about it offline....

Do tell on the Zydeco cruises!!! One of my good buddies, Selucrey Dan, has turned me on to the wonders of NOLA and the culture there.... we had a CC group cruise out of NOLA in October and are having another on the Conquest in 2006. I fell in love with NOLA... and the music was truly something I want to hear more of... I love the people and their character... would love to cruise with ANYONE that shares the same character as those I was fortunate enough to meet in NOLA!!!

I will accept that something unacceptable happened in some other thread - also quite plausible. I'm tending to lean in that direction, but aren't going to fall over. Time will tell. I've got time.

In the past it has always been a zydeco zydeco cruise (Two bands alternating nights). This year they are trying something different - a zydeco/cajun cruise. Geno Delafose has always been the headline zydeco band. Steve Riley, a headline cajun band will also be on board. Two dances/night and dance lessons all the non-port days. I have no affiliation with, but have been going since 2001 and always have a blast. We'll see if this gets by the list censors:

http://www.homestead.com/cajunzydeco/files/zydecocruise2005/zydecocruise2005.htm

I will accept that something unacceptable happened in some other thread - also quite plausible. I'm tending to lean in that direction, but aren't going to fall over. Time will tell. I've got time.

In the past it has always been a zydeco zydeco cruise (Two bands alternating nights). This year they are trying something different - a zydeco/cajun cruise. Geno Delafose has always been the headline zydeco band. Steve Riley, a headline cajun band will also be on board. Two dances/night and dance lessons all the non-port days. I have no affiliation with, but have been going since 2001 and always have a blast. We'll see if this gets by the list censors:

http://www.homestead.com/cajunzydeco/files/zydecocruise2005/zydecocruise2005.htm

Thanks!!! I think that would be a blast!!!! Can I assume that someone will be playing the spoons?? :D I absolutely LOVED that!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! I think that would be a blast!!!! Can I assume that someone will be playing the spoons?? :D I absolutely LOVED that!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

No spoons yet. Lots of the usual suspects along with accordian and rubboard. You can even take a Frottoir (rubboard) lesson or two. Next year there will definitely be some fiddlin' going on.

For a small discount:

http://www.mamouplayboys.com/

A Geno page:

http://www.ritmoartists.com/Geno/delafose.htm

No spoons yet. Lots of the usual suspects along with accordian and rubboard. You can even take a Frottoir (rubboard) lesson or two. Next year there will definitely be some fiddlin' going on.

For a small discount:

http://www.mamouplayboys.com/

A Geno page:

http://www.ritmoartists.com/Geno/delafose.htm

Thanks Zyd! I will definitely check that out!!!! I know many in our grope would love something like that!!!! Too much fun!!!!!

Brian, I have only been a tourist, but I will tell you two of the best places I tried... Acme Oyster and Mother's! Of course I could not go to NOLA without trying a Ferdi at Mother's, and we had a great meal at Acme (we were fortunate to only have a 20 minute wait!!!!)... but I would LOVE to try some other places!!!! My father is a huge fan of Commanders Palace, but I have never been there.... I can't wait to get back and try some other places!!!!

Brian, I have only been a tourist, but I will tell you two of the best places I tried... Acme Oyster and Mother's! Of course I could not go to NOLA without trying a Ferdi at Mother's, and we had a great meal at Acme (we were fortunate to only have a 20 minute wait!!!!)... but I would LOVE to try some other places!!!! My father is a huge fan of Commanders Palace, but I have never been there.... I can't wait to get back and try some other places!!!!

Concur, have been to all of them. I also like Tujaques, but many have touted it as a tourist place. We found this place out by the plantations, near Laura that was a little deli/seafood kind of place that had awesome cajan food. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but it was awesome.

A Direct copy of your post from somewhere else:

Paradise Beach

Hi,

My fiancee and I will be on the Mariner of the Sea sailing on May 8th. I don't remember what day we weill be in Cozumel. We want to visit PB. We were in cozumel in September on the NOS and went to Playa Mia Beach and did not like it at all,so I hope I like PB.

Anywho...when we get off the ship,do we find a cab and tell him PB? Will he know what we mean? Also what is the cost for a cab ride there? Anything else you could tell me about this will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Do you care to explain yourself?

LMAO!!!

Hey, since you are a local, I love NOLA also. What is in your opinion the absolute best Creole eating joint in town?

I don't think there is a "best". That leads to too many arguments.

My favorite restaurant in New Orleans is Galatoire's. Along the lines of white table cloths, I like Christian's, Brigtsen's, Mr B's. Think the escargot at Dicky Brennan's Steakhouse is to die for.

For every day eats, places like Bruning's, Bozo's, Liuzza's (both), R&0s, Domilise's, Mandina's...

I like Tujaque's, but never went there much. My Mom still refers to it as the place that serves soup meat!

I like Commander's Palace, but have become more accustomed to the one they opened in Las Vegas - I can wear blue jeans, sit at the bar, and they will still serve me. Very similar menu.

Now you've gone and made me hungry. Time for some exercise.

Okay, all is good.... Tef is playing "Sailing"... how can anyone be mad when listening to that! LOL!!! I"M LOVING IT!! Guess the fact that I'm cruising (sailing) in 8 days helps! :D Thanks Tef!! You da man! Now, if you can slip in Ocean Man or Redemption Song, I'd be bouncing off walls :eek:

Nancy -

Scranton? Clarks Summit?

One intersects the NE turnpike @ I-81 and the other is the end of the NE turnpike. 8-10 miles apart but different towns all together.

Did you think we wouldn't notice? By the way, what's the name of the bridge that spans the gorge there that is the turnpike?

Nancy -

Scranton? Clarks Summit?

One intersects the NE turnpike @ I-81 and the other is the end of the NE turnpike. 8-10 miles apart but different towns all together.

Did you think we wouldn't notice? By the way, what's the name of the bridge that spans the gorge there that is the turnpike?

dude, I was wondering when you would make it over here for this....LMAO

We had a pep rally at work today and I was crowned the best dressed. I had my jersey on with my Eagles turtleneck and my Eagles hard hat along with my hat hooked on my belt buckle. I thought of painting my face and bald head green but I didn't due to lack of available face paint!

I am proud of those celebrating "el día de las águilas" on Sunday (do a translation on freetranslation.com for those who don't get it!)

Archived