No more price drops for RC?

Oh good grief..I have been gone to long,and am about to have a stroke...:oI read the first two pages and the last two

pages,and the CC article..

So...I book today and the price drops in two months,and it is still before final payment,what happens?

If it is after final..?

I know its repeated numerous times lol...But sometimes I read it as...only before 48 hours...then I see words like fare adjustment and OBC..

please..lay it out for me 1 more time :confused:

Price reductions are now only honored up until final payment (unless you have a cruise booked prior to May 17). If the fare drops before final payment and you qualify (i.e. not for new bookings only) you must call RCI (or TA must call) and request the lower fare and your cruise fare will be repriced at the lower rate lowering your final payment. :D

If a price drop occurs after final payment then you have the option of upgrading to a higher cabin category if one becomes available and is less than what you paid for your cabin.

If you notice a price drop within 48 hours of making final payment and you qualify (i.e., it's not for new bookings only), then there is a form that you must fill out (it's on the RCI website) and send in to RCI (and they must receive it within 48 hours of the price reduction being advertised) and you will receive a 110% price reduction in the form of an OBC. If you deal with a TA, then the TA must submit the form for you............I think.:o

If this is not right.............somebody please correct me.

Oh good grief..I have been gone to long,and am about to have a stroke...:oI read the first two pages and the last two

pages,and the CC article..

So...I book today and the price drops in two months,and it is still before final payment,what happens?

If it is after final..?

I know its repeated numerous times lol...But sometimes I read it as...only before 48 hours...then I see words like fare adjustment and OBC..

please..lay it out for me 1 more time :confused:

Before final you get the price drop. After final you get nothing other than a possible upgrade IF a cabin is available in a catagory that is equal to or less than what you paid for the cruise.

Price reductions are now only honored up until final payment (unless you have a cruise booked prior to May 17). If the fare drops before final payment and you qualify (i.e. not for new bookings only) you must call RCI (or TA must call) and request the lower fare and your cruise fare will be repriced at the lower rate lowering your final payment. :D

If a price drop occurs after final payment then you have the option of upgrading to a higher cabin category if one becomes available and is less than what you paid for your cabin.

If you notice a price drop within 48 hours of making final payment and you qualify (i.e., it's not for new bookings only), then there is a form that you must fill out (it's on the RCI website) and send in to RCI (and they must receive it within 48 hours of the price reduction being advertised) and you will receive a 110% price reduction in the form of an OBC. If you deal with a TA, then the TA must submit the form for you............I think.:o

If this is not right.............somebody please correct me.

You are correct. Of course you know that it is highly unlikely that any price drops will occur within 48 hours after final payment date, right?!:D

You are correct. Of course you know that it is highly unlikely that any price drops will occur within 48 hours after final payment date, right?!:D

Oh good, then I do understand the new pricing policy!:p

I agree that if there are price drops they certainly won't happen within 48 hours. That was sort of a dumb time frame, IMHO.

Oh good, then I do understand the new pricing policy!:p

I agree that if there are price drops they certainly won't happen within 48 hours. That was sort of a dumb time frame, IMHO.

I think the time frame was kind of smart. All RCI has to do is wait 48 hours after final payment was due and then they can start playing all kinds of games to sell off the unsold cabins.

I quoted you Peggy, but to kkpcruiser to....if it's "before" final payment you haven't paid anything but the deposit yet. What is there to refund or give OBC for? Is that why people are cancelling and re-booking in to the same cabin (at the lower price) ?. I guess I am still confused about why you would get a credit or refund of monies not yet paid.

Sorry... correct wording should have been price reduction not refund

Thanks again all for the clear explanation of the new policy

I think the 48 hour time frame is to assuage any "buyer's remorse" some might feel immediately after booking.

I think it was to blow a lot of smoke into the air and make people feel they are getting some great price protection that amounts to very little. Yeah, 48 hours of price protection. Great policy .... for RCI.:rolleyes:

since I booked the allure before all these rules went into play for may 2012, can't i still get a price adjustment or obc. i booked a yr. ago.?

Yes, as long as you booked before May 17, 2010. That is, of course, unless RCI changes the game again between now and when you cruise.

One piece of advice -- CHECK THOSE RCI CONFIRMATIONS CAREFULLY -- and ask for one during your price drop call.

They have been messing them up! During the call, they apply one code. You think the right code has been applied. You get the emailed confimations 30 seconds later and you now owe $330 more after final payment. :eek:

Its happened twice to me this month alone.

So don't assume the verbal confirmation is enough. It has been so frustrating how bad the Customer Service has been lately -- maybe the luck of the draw for me, don't know. :(

Archived