Ditched Cosmetic Bags

In an effort to meet the stringent weight requirements for flying, I've decided to ditch the cosmetic bags and resort to 'high end' zip lock freezer bags! I've kept one good bag for the veritable pharmacy we've carted around the world it seems. I just check for expiry dates before a trip.

I have a great cosmetic bag which adjusts to hang over a door which I've enjoyed, but even empty it adds to weight.

All this might allow me to include another outfit, I hope!

I keep my make-up in one of those 3 drawer plastic organizers....(cheap, at Wal-mart!)...that way, when I travel, I just pick up the entire unit....no forgetting anything, and it's all just the way I use it at home! No digging in bags for items and everything fits right on the countertop or vanity with no muss or fuss!

I have been using zip lock bags for years now. I also set aside containers of shampoos, creams, etc, when I think they are getting down to an amount that I would use on a trip. That way, they don't weigh as much as a full container and I can throw it away at the end of the trip and have a little more room in the suitcase for things that I have purchased.

I see no reason to use ziplocs over a real toiletry bag - I'm not going to save my weight with something that needs to be replaced constantly (that's not environmentally friendly:eek:) I have a few different sizes of nice nylon toiletry bags - they're lighter weight and more durable than a cotton. I pick the best size for my needs that trip....If anything spills - I can throw it in the wash when I get home....And if it means I bring one less sweater or pair of shoes, I'll live:p I try to pack light - not so much for the luggage fees flying, but because I don't want to carry all that stuff around airports etc.

Archived