"HUMP"?/"BUMP" Cabins Question

cruzfiend

;) Anyone who has been in one of these cabins, could you please tell me if you get alot of noise from the elevators?

Was in 9614 on the MOTS and there was absolutely no noise from the elevators. The only noise we heard all week was one party of drunks one late night and little kids running around the last afternoon and evening.

:) Just returned from VOS a few days ago. We were in 6614 and weren't bothered by noise at all. The rooms are pretty well buffered from the elevators. It may not appear that way when you look at the ships layout. I couldn't believe how sound proof the rooms were. We weren't bothered by anything!

Oh and we loved the convenience of being near the stairs and elevator. I broke my foot the first night and was SO GLAD we were close to the elevators!

We were in a center hump (8594) cabin on the Serenade and heard nothing from the elevators or the Centrum--very quiet and peaceful!! And for what it is worth, I hear everything and am a very light sleeper. I slept like a log every night.

Sorry for my ignorance. What is a hump/bump cabin location?
These are the cabins located in the center of the ship where the ship juts out and forms a circle. Usually the balconies on these cabins are larger than the other ones.

We were in 8088 on the Serenade and loved it. OUr balcony was 3 times deeper than the others and totally private on the left side because we had a solid wall between us and the elevator. Never bothered by noise, but we did hear the music coming up from the centrum until 1am, but it never bothered us one bit. We loved this cabin so much, we booked it for our next cruise on the Radiance.

• 2 weeks later...
:) Just returned from VOS a few days ago. We were in 6614 and weren't bothered by noise at all. The rooms are pretty well buffered from the elevators. It may not appear that way when you look at the ships layout. I couldn't believe how sound proof the rooms were. We weren't bothered by anything!

Oh and we loved the convenience of being near the stairs and elevator. I broke my foot the first night and was SO GLAD we were close to the elevators!

wyattsmama,

Hi, I have this cabin booked for July. I need to know if the balony is metal or glass? Other member have said that deck 6 is all metal balconies, my TA said glass and RCL said 1/2 metal and 1/2 glass. Do you have a pic? Or can you give me more info??

Thanks, and I am sorry to hear about your foot, didnt sound like it ruined your fun though!!

Sherrie

RCI is right - the balconies on deck 6 are more "solid" than on the other decks. When I was on Explorer, we were in a balcony on deck 7 but our friends were on deck 6, so I got to see the difference. Basically, theirs was solid up from the ground a few feet, and then there was a rail that you could lean out over. I will admit that I did switch our room assignment when I learned that, but my friends did not find it to be any big deal. I DID have a photo saved at one point, but I do not anymore. You can find some photos at: http://guillaumin_mj.club.fr/exterior/photos/hull/EX.html. Deck 6 will be the deck right above the lifeboats... you can see that there is slightly less open space that the higher decks, but not much. It would still be a fantastic view and room.

We just returned from the jewel and also had cabin 8088. My friend had 8102.on the other side. Both had the same layout. I loved 8088. Private on one side and very long, much deeper than any other balcony. We had 2 lounges and 2 chairs and still had room for our empty bags. Location was wonderful. Right near the stairs and elevators. We did hear the music from the Centrum but it didn't bother us. No noise from the elevators. I would highly recomment this cabin

Vicki

wyattsmama,

Hi, I have this cabin booked for July. I need to know if the balony is metal or glass? Other member have said that deck 6 is all metal balconies, my TA said glass and RCL said 1/2 metal and 1/2 glass. Do you have a pic? Or can you give me more info??

Thanks, and I am sorry to hear about your foot, didnt sound like it ruined your fun though!!

Sherrie

Sherry,

We were in 7318 last week- our balcony was half and half.

Divaof disney, On Radiance and Voyager class ships there is an area(s) where the side of the ship bulges or "bumps" out. The cabins on these bumps or humps as some call them are the hump/bump cabins. Hope my explanation makes sense to you!!

Archived