Bye for now

Rebel Rouser

Hi Berwyn

What a gorgeous day :):). Not quite as hot as yesterday with a warm breeze. Been in the garden most of the day apart from a quick trip to the shops, too hot to sit in traffic even with the air con.

You must tell me about the Mayan calendar and 2012, is it the end of the world as we know it? :eek:

Jan

Hi Berwyn

What a gorgeous day :):). Not quite as hot as yesterday with a warm breeze. Been in the garden most of the day apart from a quick trip to the shops, too hot to sit in traffic even with the air con.

You must tell me about the Mayan calendar and 2012, is it the end of the world as we know it? :eek:

Jan

Even though they thought the Maya primitive stone age people, they didn't have the wheel, their astronomical observations and calendar was much more advanced than any Western Calendar about at the time.

The main period of their civilization was not until about 100A.D. to the Spanish Conquest their calendar and mythology / history goes back much further.

Anyway they believe the calendar goes in cycles of 5125 years ending in a great change or catastrophe and then a new cycle begins.

There have been 4 of these great cycles and each time a new begining, but this time the calendar stops dead at DEc21st 2012.

So we don't know if it's going to be something like a war or big natural disaster. Or a damp squib and things will carry on as normal

One of the earlier ones coincides with the end of the Ice Age.

That's basically it, if you study current events, you can see things over the last few years have been unstable, like the Middle East wars and Al-quaeda problem, (if you believe they exist). So called global warming, etc.

Berwyn

Eeeek!!! Wow!!! Berwyn, I'm going to sell the house, move into a caravan and spend the lot. lol. :D:D

Jan

What do you think we're doing? :D

On top of that you've got these extreme American Christian Fundimentalists who believe in Armageddon and are determined to bring it about in our lifetime.

Not just normal people, but big boys with influence in the background who can change things on a large scale.

I couldn't see the sense of it at first, but it's for total control and power in the aftermath.

Berwyn

P.S.

Anyway, on a lighter note 15 weeks yesterday to Mexico. Good job we were not going to Jamaica

You're scaring me now Berwyn.:eek::eek:. Keep out of the sun!!:D:D

Back into the garden to get a last bit, going, going, gone tomorrow.:eek:

Jan

You're scaring me now Berwyn.:eek::eek:. Keep out of the sun!!:D:D

Back into the garden to get a last bit, going, going, gone tomorrow.:eek:

Jan

I thought I might have frightened you off. :D

We'll see in just over 18 months.

More important things to worry about like the Iceland Volcano ruining the flights, that seems to have gone back to sleep for now.

most important thing to worry about is : the Euro is supposed to be falling through the floor with the Greek and Spanish problem. So why can't we get them for about 60p so we can have cheap holiday spends.

Weather here said it was supposed to stay sunny for tomorrow.

It's been a lot cooler here today, that cold wind off the Irish Sea has come back.

Berwyn

Now it's your turn to wear the bananas on your head, :D:D. Weather said cloudy tomorrow and 17 degrees so down with the gazebo, won't be needing that again this week, could be 13 degrees by Friday and that's a typical bank holiday. It's going to rain.:eek::eek:

4 weeks today we should be on the Celebration, hurray!! Tried to get off on a 3 mile walk this morning to get in trim but the dog dug his heels in, lazy beggar so had to make do with half that.:)

Jan

Now it's your turn to wear the bananas on your head, :D:D. Weather said cloudy tomorrow and 17 degrees so down with the gazebo, won't be needing that again this week, could be 13 degrees by Friday and that's a typical bank holiday. It's going to rain.:eek::eek:

4 weeks today we should be on the Celebration, hurray!! Tried to get off on a 3 mile walk this morning to get in trim but the dog dug his heels in, lazy beggar so had to make do with half that.:)

Jan

We never got higher than 16 today and it felt cold compared to the last 2 days.

You're lucky to get the dog that far, if we can get ours to the end of the street about twice a week we're doing well. She's 13 and never liked going for walks.

Both you and RR will be off at the same time, looks like I'll be talking to myself on here :D

Berwyn

We lost our old dog Gemma last November aged 17 so I know where you're coming from. She was old, blind, deaf and diabetic but had such a strong will to live, she was eating right up until the end. She was a little Lancashire Heeler or may be a first cross as she was a bit bigger than most. Our younger dog Benji is coming up to 6 and misses her a lot, he's a bit of a wimp without her to protect him, old as she was she was still top dog.:):) Still at least I don't have to do the injections twice a day, I'm a dab hand at it now, lol.

It's definitely getting cooler now, it was only last week we were stood shivering at a bus stop in Blackburn when we took the car for it's MOT. Rebel Rouser goes 3 days after us I think. I thought I'd be talking to myself when you went on holiday but where there's a void someone will always fill it. I'm getting like you now, we're both going mad, ha,ha,ha!! Footies on, you'll have to get used to that.:D:D

Can you just nip up to St Asaph for me and see if there's an old graveyard there which might have one of my distant ancestors in it. He retired in the mid 1800's to Llandudno which was a bit ahead of his time, had a property named Denbigh House. Can't find that in Llandudno now though but it might be there. Died in St Asaph but all my ancestors were right old skinflints and hardly any of them paid for a gravestone even when they crammed 8 in. Don't worry I'm only joking about going to St Asaph, lol.:D:D. I keep forgetting to stop off when we go to Llandudno for the day.

Jan

It's hard when you lose one, we've lost 3 now. This one's mum and before her our 1st dog and cat. All at Christmas too. (not the same one).

No footie for me, thank goodness for Sky TV. Plenty of other rubbish to watch on there.

If he was in Llandudno early 1800's he was well ahead, it didn't start getting properly developed into the new holiday resort until mid to late 1800's.

All the original town was on the Great Orme. the flat bit in between was salt marsh.

berwyn

woo hoo got my tickets :)

Rebel Rouser how will we know one another - I will be on the 2nd week of the cruise - will be wearing an English football top ( with the scottish accent) with hubby pretending he isn't with me:D;):rolleyes:

Well done,

RR's gone off in a sulk, he got fed up with people making negative comments about the ship.

Berwyn

woo hoo got my tickets :)

Rebel Rouser how will we know one another - I will be on the 2nd week of the cruise - will be wearing an English football top ( with the scottish accent) with hubby pretending he isn't with me:D;):rolleyes:

Just look for the man with a pint of Strongbow in his hand.:D:D

Hang on a minute I haven't got my tickets, boo hoo.

Jan

Just look for the man with a pint of Strongbow in his hand.:D:D

Hang on a minute I haven't got my tickets, boo hoo.

Jan

You'll be like me, last minute they came. We were really sweating. :eek:

Berwyn

If he was in Llandudno early 1800's he was well ahead, it didn't start getting properly developed into the new holiday resort until mid to late 1800's.

All the original town was on the Great Orme. the flat bit in between was salt marsh.

berwyn

That's interesting, I didn't know that about Llandudno. Definitely more research needed, I'm sure the house must still be there as the property is in period I think. Just checked my tree and he had retired there from Manchester inbetween 1861 census and 1881 census when he was 75. Haven't found him on the 1871 census yet so he could have been there anywhere up to 20 years, so later than I remembered. He was my 4 x grandfathers brother. Must do a recheck as records are updated all the time. Do you know if the railway was there at that time? This has now changed into a genealogy and geography forum, lol.:D:D

Jan

That's interesting, I didn't know that about Llandudno. Definitely more research needed, I'm sure the house must still be there as the property is in period I think. Just checked my tree and he had retired there from Manchester inbetween 1861 census and 1881 census when he was 75. Haven't found him on the 1871 census yet so he could have been there anywhere up to 20 years, so later than I remembered. He was my 4 x grandfathers brother. Must do a recheck as records are updated all the time. Do you know if the railway was there at that time? This has now changed into a genealogy and geography forum, lol.:D:D

Jan

Hi the old Llandudno goes back to prehistoric times. Old copper mines up on the great orme, going back to bronze age. then old town built around slopes of hill. Only small huts on the flat salt marsh between the orme and the mainland had small huts on.

Then the local landowner Lord Mostyn got together with entrepeneurs and built the new town for his rich holidaymakers between 1857 to 77

They built the railway branch line from the main line in 1858

Berwyn

Thanks Berwyn, very interesting. Looks like good old Samuel was doing ok as a draper to be able to retire there in his old age.:). Sadly the money didn't come down my side of the family.:(

A lot colder today and cloudy.

Back to the forum, which has been your favourite ship/cruise?:):)

Jan

Thanks Berwyn, very interesting. Looks like good old Samuel was doing ok as a draper to be able to retire there in his old age.:). Sadly the money didn't come down my side of the family.:(

A lot colder today and cloudy.

Back to the forum, which has been your favourite ship/cruise?:):)

Jan

Same here, both regards to cash and weather. :(

As far as cruise overall goes I think the 1st one on the Island Escape.

Western Med. even with the lousy April weather.

But the Royal Caribbean ship was lovely in comparison, but for me the fact they were smoking indoors and the food let the cruise down. As well as the extra costs on board. But DW loved it.

Entertainment was fine, as good as Thomson's but obviously U.S. orientated.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Very nice pics and the cabin looks good. I like the smart centrums or is it centrumi on the RC, lol. Couldn't cope with the smoking inside though, makes my throat sore and hangover type feeling the next day even if I haven't had a drink.:eek: Wouldn't mind a go on the climbing wall though. Surprised about the food if they've spent all that on the fixtures and fittings. How much did they expect you to tip at the end of the cruise, I think apart from Gala evening it seems to be the one thing that most people worry about.

Is Thomson the only ship that does free or cheap AI? I haven't really looked into it but you are the oracle.:D:D

Jan

Hi Berwyn

Very nice pics and the cabin looks good. I like the smart centrums or is it centrumi on the RC, lol. Couldn't cope with the smoking inside though, makes my throat sore and hangover type feeling the next day even if I haven't had a drink.:eek: Wouldn't mind a go on the climbing wall though. Surprised about the food if they've spent all that on the fixtures and fittings. How much did they expect you to tip at the end of the cruise, I think apart from Gala evening it seems to be the one thing that most people worry about.

Is Thomson the only ship that does free or cheap AI? I haven't really looked into it but you are the oracle.:D:D

Jan

And she was one of their old ships, 1997. the buffet food was OK but in the dining room they had stuff with weird sauces on that we didn't fancy and we had tough steak and turkey. Never ever had a tough turkey before.

Tips we paid in advance and it was £58 each for a 12 night cruise.

Also the buffet was not open 24 hours like Thomson's. it shut 10.30pm and was closed at times in the day like late afternoon between afternoon tea and evening meal.

The Princess buffet is open 24 hours.

in our price bracket yes it is. there are some real luxury ones that include everything even excursions, but you'd definitely need to sell the house.

Berwyn

Now you know I'm already selling the house because of the Mayan thing, lol.:D:D. Got to have enough for the caravan.

Warming up today and the sun is trying to come out. Not as cold as last night.

Can't believe it's under 4 weeks now to our holiday, it seemed so far off in January. Still got a few bits to get though, I go round the shops like a loony feeling all the clothes for the lightest weight saying "Not that, not that!!" all the time. It was a help this last weekend being so hot as it concentrates the mind on what not to pack, like jean weight pants, too heavy, :eek::eek:.

It's a shame Rebel Rouser has disappeared. I think it was a ploy to avoid us taking the Michal out of him and his Strongbows. Bet he's still reading this though, aren't you RR. Come on admit it, you know you want to. lol :D

You off work today Berwyn?

Jan

Now you know I'm already selling the house because of the Mayan thing, lol.:D:D. Got to have enough for the caravan.

Warming up today and the sun is trying to come out. Not as cold as last night.

Can't believe it's under 4 weeks now to our holiday, it seemed so far off in January. Still got a few bits to get though, I go round the shops like a loony feeling all the clothes for the lightest weight saying "Not that, not that!!" all the time. It was a help this last weekend being so hot as it concentrates the mind on what not to pack, like jean weight pants, too heavy, :eek::eek:.

It's a shame Rebel Rouser has disappeared. I think it was a ploy to avoid us taking the Michal out of him and his Strongbows. Bet he's still reading this though, aren't you RR. Come on admit it, you know you want to. lol :D

You off work today Berwyn?

Jan

I can't help you, but if hubby needs lightweight trousers they've got some nice chino type ones in BHS with elasticated waists.

Yes I bet he's peeking on the sly.

Finished yesterday morning, back in Thursday night. I think she's got it in for me, I'm doing more weekends, or parts of them than the part timers.

Ah well I finish Sat. morning and they youngest son is coming home for the B.H. weekend. Be good to see how much weight he's put on.

And there's another Grand Prix :D

Berwyn

Archived